Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 - Page 71 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Unread 03-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Lee-Anne - sounds like it was worth it! I bet you had a great time!

This started my second week of work. I seemed to have more energy this week than last. I hope that just keeps on improving. I'm anxious to see what my doctor has to say on Thursday for my official 6 week, at 7 weeks, appointment. Hopefully all is on the mend and it is all forward now. Bladder issues still exist as well as some intestinal, but all getting better. I'm getting used to timing my bathroom breaks because my bladder still doesn't tell me when it needs to go. Oh well, could be worse. I hope you all had a great day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2008, 08:01 PM

I had my post op appt and got put on another six weeks of restrictions. No sex for six more weeks and no heavy lifting but I can do light workouts. My dr said I was not healed enough like he would expect at six weeks. I am still tired but not as bad as last week. I slept half the weekend away I was so tired. I have had some light pinkish discharge after doing my elliptical the last few times and for some reason I am very achy in the lower tummy area. Anyone else have this?

TVH
Unread 03-10-2008, 08:24 PM

I can honestly say that I am better than before my surgery (LAVH on 1/22). I have more energy now and my skin has some pink color to it. I was severely anemic (probably for more than a year) and tired a lot -- and very pale -- before my surgery. Because it was so gradual, I didn't realize how tired and pale I was. But it's been seven weeks since the last bleeding and my body is definitely feeling much healthier. This is my 3rd week at work and I have more energy and enthusiasm for my students and my work. I swam four mornings last week, from one hour to 90 mins per workout, and while it was hard, I could manage it. Today I swam for the full 90 min. workout and afterwards I felt really good. All day, I've had energy, even with the time change. I do need to still lose some weight that I put on while at home, but I feel pretty confident I can do that.

I'm so happy that I won't be bleeding for 10 days every month that sometimes I think I might actually jump for joy. The other night I wore a coat that I hadn't worn in a while and in one pocket I found a maxi-pad and it was a secret thrill to walk past a public trash can and just drop it in without saying anything. Done with those! Once in a while I do have a twinge of pain in the lower abdomen, but other than that, I really can't tell... except the boobs are still one size too big. Also, sex is fine... we're still a bit nervous about it but we're both enjoying it.

I know you will all get to this spot, and I hope it's soon. I never want to have surgery again, but I have to thank God for modern medicine... sometimes I wonder what would have happened to me if I lived in a poor country without good medical care (with 6 fibroids and severe bleeding would I have bled to death or just faded away or been on a sick bed until menopause?)...

Best wishes to each of you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2008, 11:03 PM

Suezyqz: I'm a couple weeks ahead of you and had the same little stabbing pains, usually on my left side but sometimes it was a "traveling pain" from one side to the other. Dr said it was normal to feel little odd things for several weeks. Have to say haven't noticed them for the last few days. Hang in there. Sandi
Unread 03-11-2008, 04:52 AM

Sandi,
I'm sorry to hear about your arm. That must be really scary. When do you think they'll have some answers for you?
Unread 03-11-2008, 06:07 AM

I am so depressed. I started having pain in my pelvic area about 5 yrs. ago. The Gyno I was seeing at the time just blamed it of "getting older". After 3 yrs. I decided I wanted a female's opinion on what was going on. I started seeing a Mid-wife. She thought my pain was due to adhesions (scar tissue) from my 3 previous c-sections. I had a lot of complications with my last c-section that caused my incision to rip open. Around Thanksgiving, the pain got so severe that I couldn't stand it anymore. I had an internal ultra-sound and was told that my uterus was pushed completely out of place and that my ovaries were covered with adhesions. It was decided that I needed a hysterectomy. I had a LAHS (kept ovaries). The Dr. told me that if she had to open the abdomen she would, but would try to do it LAPO. I've gone through my recovery time and was a very good patient (I was afraid of getting more adhesions if I wasn't). The pain I had previously has started to return. I have pain from under my rib cage down to my hips. It aches like a toothache. Nothing sharp...just there constantly! I saw the Dr. last Thursday for 6wk check-up. She was very disappointed that I still had pain. I was taking 3 or 4 Advil every 6 hours and it only took the edge off. She gave me some stronger meds and suggested I look into accupuncture to help with the pain. I am so depressed about all of this. I feel like an old women and I'm only 45! I was so hoping I would feel back to normal by now!
Unread 03-11-2008, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by menoherone
. I was taking 3 or 4 Advil every 6 hours and it only took the edge off. She gave me some stronger meds and suggested I look into accupuncture to help with the pain. I am so depressed about all of this. I feel like an old women and I'm only 45! I was so hoping I would feel back to normal by now!
That stinks! Did she have any suggestions as to what the pain might be? Would you consider another opinion? I'm amazed that they aren't more interested in finding out the cause of the pain a lot of you have.

My DH had accupuncture for tendonitis pain and found it to be very helpful. I hope you find some relief.
Unread 03-11-2008, 10:52 AM

I guess if some adhesions get big enough they can grow nerves and have their own blood supply. Another women told me it could be ovarian cysts. I have had trouble with them before and I think I'm going to have to invistagate that a little more closely. I am going to get a second opinion also. I've always been really healthy and never had much need for a Gen.Prac. I've decided I'm going to go to one and I thing I'm going to go to a women. I want to make sure I rule out anything else it could be.
Unread 03-11-2008, 02:31 PM

Thanks Beth. I saw the orthopedist today and he said he thinks its nerve damage from the way I was positioned during my hysterectomy. He put a cortisone shot into my shoulder, did lots of tests and is sending me to a nuerolgist for "nerve mapping" which he said is pretty uncomfortable (when drs say that- watch out!) I also have to wear a wrist splint (for arm and shoulder pain but actually it does feel better). I also start physical therapy this week. I saw so many drs before my hyst. and had all the tests and biopsies run and I reallly thot the surgery would mark the end of constant medical care- surprise! Thanks for caring. Sandi
Unread 03-11-2008, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's wife
Thanks Beth. I also start physical therapy this week. I saw so many drs before my hyst. and had all the tests and biopsies run and I reallly thot the surgery would mark the end of constant medical care- surprise! Thanks for caring. Sandi
Well it sounds hopeful! I am sure you are discouraged, it would be hard not to be. PT can be a great way to get motivated. I've always found the therapists to be motivating and helpful. Good luck and let us know how you are doing!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register