Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 - Page 73 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Unread 03-13-2008, 01:59 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Thanks for the suport ladies! I am feeling a bit better today, I think you are right about having over done it. I just hate feeling fine, doing something simple, and then feeling bad. I know it is just my body telling me to slow down, I am just ready to get upto speed again.

Suezyqz, I just noticed you are an East Tn girl too! Howdy from down in Lenoir City!

Tammy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2008, 02:33 PM
where is everyone at in terms of resuming intimacy

Hi everyone
pardon me for being forward, I am trying to communicate with folks who had surgery at or about the same time as I did.
I had LAVTHBSO 1/23/08 no HRT due to breast atypia history/strong fam history and endo recurrence risk
I went for my 7 weeks check up, had no bleeding for the past 2 weeks before that, but had to have a small area of the vaginal cuff treated with silver nitrate. I was told I was cleared to have "gentle sex, no swinging off the chandeliers" (his words exact, haahaha)
so I took the advice, had some burning discomfort and light pink bleeding just after x 2 now.
what is everyones experience/knowledge re healing issues/time with the vaginal cuff. What symptoms would be concerning, and how long do things take to settle back?
any input would be greatly appreciated
thanks much!
Unread 03-13-2008, 02:58 PM

Hey Tammy, Its Good To Hear From You & I Hope All Is Well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2008, 04:10 PM

welcome Louie!!
My doctor told me that when we go awhile without sex..and have a hysterectomy, the area becomes smaller and easily irritated. He said that I may experience a few spotting episodes after sex but not to worry as long as it didnt fill a pad. He said it can take 12 to 18 weeks to heal the cuff and a little longer if you have to have any help (niterate Im assuming) On our first "gentle" try we were fine and everything was glorious but I did have a couple spots..our first "your clear" time was a disaster but I think we have that under control now. My doctors main thing to say was "Dont give up, keep working at it and eventually it will be fine again"
I think I would be concerned if I was in constant pain afterwards and I filled a liner or pad with red blood. or if sex was too painful at all to do. (Which he told me that if I felt too small he could give me some vaginal dialators to help) Whatever that is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie64!
Hi everyone
pardon me for being forward, I am trying to communicate with folks who had surgery at or about the same time as I did.
I had LAVTHBSO 1/23/08 no HRT due to breast atypia history/strong fam history and endo recurrence risk
I went for my 7 weeks check up, had no bleeding for the past 2 weeks before that, but had to have a small area of the vaginal cuff treated with silver nitrate. I was told I was cleared to have "gentle sex, no swinging off the chandeliers" (his words exact, haahaha)
so I took the advice, had some burning discomfort and light pink bleeding just after x 2 now.
what is everyones experience/knowledge re healing issues/time with the vaginal cuff. What symptoms would be concerning, and how long do things take to settle back?
any input would be greatly appreciated
thanks much!
Unread 03-13-2008, 06:00 PM

I finally got my "6" week dr. appointment (at 7 weeks). No emergencies for him this time. I got cleared on everything except what my DH wanted me to get cleared for....Dr. said the stitches hadn't healed enough and to wait at least one more week. My DH is very patient though. We are planning a weekend away without kids the first week of April, so hopefully everything will be ready then. At least I don't have to worry about my time of the month any more!!!
Unread 03-13-2008, 06:11 PM

Hello Sisters!
I just got home from work! UGHHH!! It was a 12 1/2 hour day. I honestly don't know how I survived today. We had parent-teacher conferences. It was a busy afternoon.

It is nice to hear everyones stories. Dh and I are going to try this weekend for the first. To be honest, I am not dying to have sex again. Call me weird! Don't really have the desire! She said I could bleed since I am not totally healed. Much like everyone else.

Sandy- I hope you made out well at your appt. today.

Kim-It was nice to hear from you again.

Tammy,Louie, SuzyQ, and anyone else that I forgot - Nice to know I am not the only one feeling the why I do with pain sometimes and the whole swelly belly thing. I actually went out and bought three pair of dress pants for work that are a size bigger, that way until the end of the day, I don't have to unbutton them.... Can't always wear a big sweater to cover it.

Well, tomorrow is another day!
I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Unread 03-13-2008, 08:34 PM

Im hoping everyone3 will be feeling better more and more each day. My doctor said that you feel great at 3 months (12 weeks) and absolutely fabulous at a year. I cant wait for 3 months let alone the year feeling. Ive been very tired lately and my tummy has been swelling nightly. I still havent gotten my meds filled as I have had some other things going on but will do so tomorrow.

I look forward to the days of being able to wear underware without pantyliners, wearing light colored pants without worry of SOMETHING being an issue, and feeling great...oh yeah and having sex and wanting it..lol

I already am happy to not have the horrid periods, the extreme tummy pain, and the aweful dred that the cancer was going to be worse next checkup. THAT alone makes all the ickiness worth it!!

Its nice to hear from everyone and I really need to make more time for you all...If only the stupidity would stop in my life. LOL

Kim
Unread 03-13-2008, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maume3
Im hoping everyone3 will be feeling better more and more each day. My doctor said that you feel great at 3 months (12 weeks) and absolutely fabulous at a year. I cant wait for 3 months let alone the year feeling. Ive been very tired lately and my tummy has been swelling nightly. I still havent gotten my meds filled as I have had some other things going on but will do so tomorrow.

I look forward to the days of being able to wear underware without pantyliners, wearing light colored pants without worry of SOMETHING being an issue, and feeling great...oh yeah and having sex and wanting it..lol

I already am happy to not have the horrid periods, the extreme tummy pain, and the aweful dred that the cancer was going to be worse next checkup. THAT alone makes all the ickiness worth it!!

Its nice to hear from everyone and I really need to make more time for you all...If only the stupidity would stop in my life. LOL

Kim
IM GLAD TO HEAR YOURE DOING WELL!
Unread 03-13-2008, 09:12 PM

Well I Went For My 7 Weeks Check-up Today. Dr. Said All My Pains & Twinges Are All To Be Expected & It Takes Time To Heal. Well That Made Me Feel Better Because I Thought I Shouldnt Be Hurting At 7 Weeks. Oh Yeah I Told Him My Fear Of Starting My Sex Life Again. He Said To Go At My Own Pace,but I Should Give It A Try Because I Might Like It. "not Liking It Wasnt The Problem"! Its Hard To Go There When You Dont Know What To Expect. I Told Dr. That Its Almost Like Being A Virgin Again. I Think Oh No Is It Going To Hurt, Am I Going To Bleed, Etc... & Dr. Said If You Fall Off A Horse You Have To Get Back On & Ride Again. One Thing Though & I Need My Sisters Support On Here Please. The Dr. Saw A Mole I Have Down "there" During My Exam Today. He Said It Looked Different Than Before & Its Actually 3 Colors Now. He Was Very Concerned & Said It Looked Very Suspicous Looking & I Have To Have It Biopsied In 3 Weeks. Ladies Dont Ever Say What Else Can Go Wrong Because It Can Get Worse. Thats What I Said After Having My Hyster. Then Getting Staph After. Within A Week I Had Walking Pnuemonia & I Said Well What Else Can Go Wrong. Well Boom Heres Something Else To Worry About. Thanks For Your Support & May God Bless You All & Keep You Healthy.
Unread 03-13-2008, 09:37 PM

Hi everyone,
Wow, I came home from work yesterday and ate dinner and couched it for awhile. I got up to walked like an old lady and realized how totally exhausted I was physically and mentally. I sat down and just sobbed and then felt better once I got that out!!! I had a horrendously busy and stressful day at work and due to that was having hot flashes all day long too!!! So, between that and drinking gallons of water to cool down and running to the bathroom and trying to stay on top of my work, I totally spent myself. Had off today to go to the doc to make sure the TVT surgery is going ok. Back to work tomorrow and only have Sat off this weekend.
I also have been eating crap at night and putting on weight and no energy to exercise. I have to get my butt in gear cuz I am taking a vacation to Florida in 3 weeks and have to fit in to my clothes!!!! Yikes! Definite swelly belly!!!
Thanks Kim for all the info and hope things start getting better for you!!

I post on a breast cancer board also and it is funny when they talk about their having their hyst/ooph and how easy it was. They are talking a year or more ago. So, I tell myself that in a year we will forget all what this was about!!! I hope that is a good thing!!! It isn't that easy though when you factor everything in. Hope everyone had some sunshine today!!! Thank goodness it is starting to warm up here in WI. The snow is starting to melt!! It is in the 40s this week anyway!!! Who knows what will happen next week!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register