Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 - Page 74 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Unread 03-14-2008, 12:18 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Oh SUEZY! Please dfont worry too aweful much about that mole..I mean yes by all means go have it biopsied...in fact tell them to completely remove it.
To ease your fears I will tell you about my mole. I had this mole on the back of my neck forever..Cant remember when I didnt have it..well one day I hit it with my brush (it was the back of my neck smack dab in the middle- to match the one on my forehead I guess) anyway it bled and bled. I went to the doc and she said it was just from the brush and it would heal. So I go back and see her and she said OH NO it has changed in color, shape and size. Thats very indictive of cancer, we have to biopsy now. So she sent me to a oncologist (I think thats his specialty) who looked at it and agreed it needed to be tested but he gave me the option of total removal with the possibility that if it was cancer I would need to most likely have a deeper cut, or to just take a small less painful part to see if it was first. I asked what he thought and he said..depends on if your attached to it I guess..If you are tired of hitting it withthe brush and you dont mind having a scar there when you might not have to then I say take it off...but up to you. Well I opted for full removal and he did take it a little deeper than he planned...he also found that their were a LOT of blood vessles going to it so it took longer and again made him more suspicious of cancer. So after it was gone I waited 2 weeks to go back for results and a check of the incision. Yes it hurt a little but not horrible..probably because of where it was and I always seemed to hit it with the brush no matter how careful..ANYWAY when I went in he said it was benign and nothing to worry about. I asked why then did it change all of a sudden and look cancerous. he said that moles are funny things. They can sit on you for years and do nothing then all of a sudden go wild and become cancer or simply go wild due to some little trauma...either way they look the same and is why they need to be tested. better safe than sorry. I was releived but asked what if it WAS cancer, what would he do...he said first it depended on if the sample (in this case the entire thing plus a few millimeters) had clear margins..if it had the only thing he would do is check my entire body for other moles and to keep an eye on that area for a few years...testing anything that looked funny. If it didnt have clear margins he said he would have done another proceedure to cut more area away...something like a LEEP I guess if you wanna look at it that way... he said he would see if clear margins were obtained before he stopped and when he did, he would just keep a close eye on things..IF he couldnt get clear margins without extensive cutting he said he may try radiation or something else but that this is a very rare thing with a first rouge mole.

Im happy to say my skin has been deemed cancer free still and even though I have a few moles, none have went wild ...The one that was removed left a small strange scar on the back of my neck but it is covered by my hair, and if I wear it up, it isnt really noticable.

So, what I am saying here is dont get to worried yet as it probably changed due to the trauma of your hyster...and it may be nothing at all, but if it is..it is very easitly treated and may be completely treated with the biopsy if they take it all at that time anyway.

Keep you head up girl, With all you been through I have a feeling your in for some fantastic good times soon.

Im hoping your doing better and Im glad all things are "to be expected" Maybe soon we can all say how great we feel and how happy we are it is all over but glad we did it.

Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUEZYQZ
Well I Went For My 7 Weeks Check-up Today. Dr. Said All My Pains & Twinges Are All To Be Expected & It Takes Time To Heal. Well That Made Me Feel Better Because I Thought I Shouldnt Be Hurting At 7 Weeks. Oh Yeah I Told Him My Fear Of Starting My Sex Life Again. He Said To Go At My Own Pace,but I Should Give It A Try Because I Might Like It. "not Liking It Wasnt The Problem"! Its Hard To Go There When You Dont Know What To Expect. I Told Dr. That Its Almost Like Being A Virgin Again. I Think Oh No Is It Going To Hurt, Am I Going To Bleed, Etc... & Dr. Said If You Fall Off A Horse You Have To Get Back On & Ride Again. One Thing Though & I Need My Sisters Support On Here Please. The Dr. Saw A Mole I Have Down "there" During My Exam Today. He Said It Looked Different Than Before & Its Actually 3 Colors Now. He Was Very Concerned & Said It Looked Very Suspicous Looking & I Have To Have It Biopsied In 3 Weeks. Ladies Dont Ever Say What Else Can Go Wrong Because It Can Get Worse. Thats What I Said After Having My Hyster. Then Getting Staph After. Within A Week I Had Walking Pnuemonia & I Said Well What Else Can Go Wrong. Well Boom Heres Something Else To Worry About. Thanks For Your Support & May God Bless You All & Keep You Healthy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2008, 12:25 AM

Hey there! Im sorry you just wore yourself out..I have a tendancy to over do it too and I know how NOT FUN it is afterwards.
Enjoy your vacation in Florida..I wish we never returned myself..I had a blast and loved the warmth and the smell of the ocean.
This swelly belly thing has got me stumped..Sometimes mine is flat and it can be 20 minutes later and my tummy is huge! Usually after doing too much or being up too long.I dont know when, but hopefully soon it goes away for good.

Just think about this every time you feel crappy..YOU will get to go to Florida without even a chance of a period happening and interrupting you good time. (I said that to myself the entire 2 weeks before we went because EVERY vaction I have even went on was bashed because I would ALWAYS start a period..no matter if I just got off or not and I have to say that this time in Florida was awesome..No more being afraid of going in the ocean and attracting fish..LOL)

Be well and have a good time in FL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafepink06
Hi everyone,
Wow, I came home from work yesterday and ate dinner and couched it for awhile. I got up to walked like an old lady and realized how totally exhausted I was physically and mentally. I sat down and just sobbed and then felt better once I got that out!!! I had a horrendously busy and stressful day at work and due to that was having hot flashes all day long too!!! So, between that and drinking gallons of water to cool down and running to the bathroom and trying to stay on top of my work, I totally spent myself. Had off today to go to the doc to make sure the TVT surgery is going ok. Back to work tomorrow and only have Sat off this weekend.
I also have been eating crap at night and putting on weight and no energy to exercise. I have to get my butt in gear cuz I am taking a vacation to Florida in 3 weeks and have to fit in to my clothes!!!! Yikes! Definite swelly belly!!!
Thanks Kim for all the info and hope things start getting better for you!!

I post on a breast cancer board also and it is funny when they talk about their having their hyst/ooph and how easy it was. They are talking a year or more ago. So, I tell myself that in a year we will forget all what this was about!!! I hope that is a good thing!!! It isn't that easy though when you factor everything in. Hope everyone had some sunshine today!!! Thank goodness it is starting to warm up here in WI. The snow is starting to melt!! It is in the 40s this week anyway!!! Who knows what will happen next week!!!
Unread 03-14-2008, 12:33 AM

CUJETSKIIN..Im glad to see you again too!!
Let me ask you something..Ids it because you are afraid of what will happen, what it will feel like, or suvch or just no desire?

I ask because at first I was afraid of all of that sttuff but once I was there..It was better than before..of course after that time our second time was disasterous and well now hubby acts as though he cant stand to even think about it..among other things he says that I look different and he liked the old...and the other I feel different and he enjoyed the old. (My doc took liberties and made me look and feel like 17 again thinking it would make him happy and instead he hates it..go figure) Anyway after the issues of that time and his attitude I simply have lost all interest in it. I really vcould care less about sex at this moment and that isnt good. I talked to my doctor about it and he offered a couple solutions that I am going to talk to hubby about tonight (yeah we are just now getting tready for bed at 2:30am) ANYWAY..I just wanted to say that if its due to being afraid ofwhat may happen...bleeding/ pain etc..dont be too worried..Most women say it is better than before and I am sure it will be the same for you..IF it is the other..I feel ya! When you figure it out let me know...hehehehe

Since you arent completely healed and having pain and such though I would say just take your time and when you are feeling better you may feel differently..I know I had NO and I mean ZERO desire for anything sex when I was still in pain. So maybe its a mechanism of safety..not healed= no desitre... who knows!

I wish you a quick recovery and a great stressfree short day!

Kim
  Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujetskiin
Hello Sisters!
I just got home from work! UGHHH!! It was a 12 1/2 hour day. I honestly don't know how I survived today. We had parent-teacher conferences. It was a busy afternoon.

It is nice to hear everyones stories. Dh and I are going to try this weekend for the first. To be honest, I am not dying to have sex again. Call me weird! Don't really have the desire! She said I could bleed since I am not totally healed. Much like everyone else.

Sandy- I hope you made out well at your appt. today.

Kim-It was nice to hear from you again.

Tammy,Louie, SuzyQ, and anyone else that I forgot - Nice to know I am not the only one feeling the why I do with pain sometimes and the whole swelly belly thing. I actually went out and bought three pair of dress pants for work that are a size bigger, that way until the end of the day, I don't have to unbutton them.... Can't always wear a big sweater to cover it.

Well, tomorrow is another day!
I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2008, 01:29 PM

Hi Kim and everyone else too!
thanks for all the input, I now feel reassured that what is going on with me is quite normal.
I am returning to work next week , next step in resuming "normalacy"
I will still check in on this site
thanks again
Unread 03-15-2008, 11:10 AM
Still crampy at 7 weeks?

Hi, everyone ~ I had my LAVH/TSO on 1/25. Been back to work and doing all the usual stuff for a couple of weeks now - but I tell 'ya - i'm still not 100%.

Are any of you experiencing cramping and general pelvic aching at night? It reminds me of the same 'ol Endo pain, except not as widespread.

I'm starting to get very discouraged at this point - I thought I was getting better, and in many ways, I am - but this cramping stuff is getting old.

I'm also finding it very uncomfortable to sleep on my sides. It just feels weird and slightly painful.

Anybody else feeling the same?
Unread 03-15-2008, 03:03 PM

Hi act!
This should make you feel some relief...
I had my LAVH on 1/23. Never have I had any endo, pain, menstrual problems, etc. (Had my hyster due to uterine and cervical cancer). Now, I have healing pains daily, nothing huge, but a pretty constant aching and cramping feeling, whether I am sitting, walking, laying down, anything! Sometimes no pain at all, but no 100% pain free days.
So, I never had any pain before, now I do. It is getting better, but just not fast enough for my liking!
Don't get discouraged, even us ladies that had zero pain before, are feeling it now!!
Hope you feel better soon!
Lee-Anne
Unread 03-15-2008, 03:08 PM

Hi Act
could it be that you went back to work too soon? I had surgery the same day as you did /same type, I am going back this week, I had 7 weeks off.
what are you doing during the day? if you have been doing heavy tasks since week 3 or 4 it is likely that you have big time swelly belly which will give you a whole lot of aching/pressure. take it easy, slow back, you will be okay in the end.
I too like you are very glad I did this
God bless
Unread 03-15-2008, 06:53 PM

Act,
I feel your pain! I too have had a lot of the achy, crampy feeling since I went back to work. On Thursday, I had to work 12 1/2 hours. I honestly don't know how I made it through the day. I too get the whole swelly belly thing yet.

Just thought I would let you know that you are not alone. I hope that we all start to fell normal soon.
Tracy
Unread 03-15-2008, 08:57 PM

Hi Everyone,

It sounds like we are all on about the same healing schedule. I am still having aches/spasms in my cul-de-sac, but other than that, doing ok.

Trying to get about 30 min on the exercise bike a day and eating organic still. Finally got about 6 pounds off....15 more to go!
I wake up with migraines, take a pill, then feel pretty good until night time, then I'm exhausted and can't sleep again.

I've tried it all, Melatonin, Benadryl....even my Phenergen won't knock me out any more! All in all, much better than before with the torturous periods! I go for my post-op exam on Monday and am going to choke my doctor if he does not give me a letter to send to my insurance, so they will pay! Hope you all are having a nice weekend!

Andrea
Unread 03-16-2008, 05:57 AM

Good morning Ladies!
I just want to say my period would be due today, and I DON"T HAVE IT!!!! haha! It's great!
Have a great day!
Lee-Anne

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register