Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Unread 01-29-2008, 05:33 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by maume3
Sandy and Allie,
Thanks for responding. I have very little gas now and I did think it was gas at first but it is just with urination so I am pretty sure its that. I left a message about this and the blood so should hear something soon.
and leg pain..yep its bad..someone else said its from attaching things to the ligament to avoid prolapses. I just want to feel better. Ive stayed in bed except a couple walks to the kitchen and the numerous walks to the bathroom. Im thinking of sleeping on the couch and see if its just that I have to walk up and down these steps. (I have 2 steps into my bed cause its so tall.) Took temp and its 102 so its either a bladder issue or Im coming down with something.

With a fever of 102, I'd say you've got something going on. I will agree the gas is killer. Mine is back as I struggle to get back in normal BM mode. Good luck with Doc, I hope they get to the bottom of it quickly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2008, 05:35 AM

Shelby. Nothing like your mum to make you feel better. Mine wanted to come, but my dad has not been well. Sigh.

So sorry you had such a rough go of it. Hoping your recovery gets kinder and gentler.
Unread 01-29-2008, 05:37 AM

Hello, I am 9 days past my surgery, had complications though, thought I had a bladder infection, but with the amount of blood in my urine got concerned went to my Dr she gave me some antiboitics and then that night went into toxic shock, after another hospital stay I found out they put a hole in my bladder during surgery. I am now at home but on a cathater and will be for a while to let my bladder heal. Your prayers would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2008, 06:13 AM

((((Gemme))))

Lifting you up to the great physician. Praying that your recovery is quick and smooth and that all the complications have been discovered.
Unread 01-29-2008, 06:36 AM

I finally did it!!! BM success!!!!!
Unread 01-29-2008, 08:48 AM
Thank God for Hystersisters

Boredom seems to rank at the top right now in complaints. I have to say Thank God for Hystersisters! I have been reading everything and responding where I could and even wrote my "hystory". So this has taken away some of my boredom. It feels so good to share with people going through the same issues! The advise I have found has been wonderful. As for healing, I'm not doing too bad. I only can rotate to my right side because when I rotate left it feels like something on my right falls down?! Then I get a pain like a runner's stich, but higher. My dr. appt. is Thursday, Yeah! The catheter should come out!! Now that I'm looking forward to! Any advise on sucuring your abdomen for the drive? That is sort of scary!
Unread 01-29-2008, 08:54 AM

Gemme: Bless your heart and your bladder you poor thing.
Shutterbug: congrats on your bm. Today was so much easier than yesterday in that department for me. Yesterday you would think I was pushing out my fourth child and since I teach childbirth classes I was using all the tricks I could think of if you know what I mean.
Today I am feeling better. I slept really well except for the occasional chills and hot flashes throughout the night. I started on estrogen but I don't think it is working yet. My tummy still feels the same...swelling and achy. Hope you all have a good day and feel better soon.
Unread 01-29-2008, 12:48 PM

I went for my PostOp appt today. Dr. thinks I'm doing very good on the healing. I was having terrible pains last night in my lower groin area and couldn't pee at all so I was pretty sure I had something going on there. He checked and I have a bladder infection. He has prescribed antibiotic and something to calm the bladder spasms. As far as the hysterectomy pains, I'm still sore but nothing that tylenol isn't taking care of. The worst pain right now is the bladder spasms and hopefully that will get better now. My pathology report showed I had something called Adenymosis.
Unread 01-29-2008, 01:23 PM

Finally had first unassisted BM last night (no fleet or anything). Let me tell you, I felt like I was dieing. My DH kept checking on me to make sure I hadnt passed out from the pain. lol. Gas pains are still outrageous. Other than that Im doing good. Finally shaved my legs today. Had to sit in the bathtub with the shower running on me. I had to hurry because it wasnt very comfy sitting like that. Had a great time trying to get up though. I think Ill wait to shave my legs again until I can do it standing. Hope the other sisters are healing well and wheaning off the pain meds. ~ Steph
Unread 01-29-2008, 01:37 PM

6 days post op laparascopic TH and bilateral OOPH and feeling good one day, bad the next, doing my level best to adhere to post op restrictions, daunting as I am normally very active.
I have mild to moderate pain in the lower abdomen, and around my belly button, constipation and bladder spasms, should all go away in time.
energy level is suboptimal, but usual for this time frame.
no real bleeding to speak of, bladder pressure and spasms are great,
going for post op visit #1 in 9 days.
Hoping to take off 6-7 weeks post op to allow for internal healing.
no ovaries, no hormones , and I dont feel different YET, but I was compelled to ask the surgeon if he actually removed them because I expected to feel different somehow.
had this surgery for endometriosis/chronic pelvic, back pain, so I believe better days should be on tap.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register