Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 - Page 82 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Unread 06-10-2008, 06:31 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Hello Everyone
Its been quite some time since I posted. I was thinking if I didn't read about problems then mine would magically go away. Well that didn't happen, and I realized that having support and not being alone with these problems might be less depressing . I've still have some of the problems since the surgery so I guess I should be thankful that it is getting better. I was just back in the castle and felt like a prisioner. I now have the golden purse back, and need to stay on bed rest for these torn adhesions to heal. I've been straight cathing almost daily since the big H. I don't empty and no feeling to go. They thinkthey said there are nerves involved. And a second opinion said the TVT was put in too tight. I use my cell phone alarm to remind me every 3 hours. I had a fissure from the surgery and got some relief from my GI doctor who gave me cortisol suppositories and antibiotics which helped with the burning I just can't sit without a donut for too long.
I can't believe it is June and I am still sick. I will check back soon and hope everyone is doing better.
Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Unhappy - Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Karen,

I'm so sorry you are still not doing good. I too have the nerve issue with the bladder, but apparently not as bad. I've been able to force myself to go using the "push it out" technique. Seems to work, but I have to remind myself to go. I like the fact I can leave home, take the boys to school and make it to work without stopping to go though! I will be praying your problem gets better soon. Frustrating to want to feel better and being forced to be still to heal. What do the doctors say regarding the healing time? How much more time? My prayers are with you.
Unread 06-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Unhappy - Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Thanks for the quick reply. Doc said to give the bladder a rest for a week to 10 days. I was holding 1400cc when I had the cat scan and then they wanted to do an ultra sound which was such a waste before they would give me a cath. I didn't know I was going to be admitted so I didn't bring one with me. They said r &r in bed with meds for a week to 10 days. Now I have a fever,and I am feeling like what else can go wrong. I already spent a week in the hospital on my back. Just feeling a bit down. It's been so long since the surgery, yet I am still not recovered. No energy, still can't sit without a donut. Can't stand for any length of time.
The surgical menopause is no fun either. Brains like mush. Can't sleep. Can't stop sweating. Can't remember anything. Finally the rear end burning has gotten better but the stitch in my side is driving me to self pity. I had it after surgery and I don't know that it ever really went away it just got a lot worse after colonoscopy. Well thanks for the post. I will take something and go to bed and hopefully I will be over my pity party tomorrow. You have a good night.
Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2008, 09:24 PM

I am sorry too! I will pray that your bladder will heal soon!

I am feeling better myself except for one wierd thing. I sometimes will have to pee and as soon as I stand up I feel like I need to pee again. I will feel like that 5 or six times in a row before I feel like I am finished. It doesn't happen all the time be often enough to be an argervation! I have no idea what causes that but it sure is a pain!

I hope all the other ladies are doing well.

Tammy
Unread 06-10-2008, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnShutterbug
I am sorry too! I will pray that your bladder will heal soon!

I am feeling better myself except for one wierd thing. I sometimes will have to pee and as soon as I stand up I feel like I need to pee again. I will feel like that 5 or six times in a row before I feel like I am finished. It doesn't happen all the time be often enough to be an argervation! I have no idea what causes that but it sure is a pain!

I hope all the other ladies are doing well.

Tammy

I HAVE PRETTY MUCH THE SAME PROBLEM & I HAVE SOME PRESSURE WITH A BIT OF PAIN IN MY BLADDER WHEN I GO. THE DR. SAID HUH IM NOT SURE WHAT WOULD CAUSE THAT. INSTEAD OF THE UP & DOWN FROM THR TOILET I USUALLY JUST SIT THERE ABOUT 10 MINUTES UNTIL I FEEL LIKE ITS ALL OUT. MOSTLY IT IS,BUT SOMETIMES I LEAK & THATS SO FRUSTRATING. NOW SO FAR NO HRT, BUT SHH WEEE GIRLS THOSE NIGHT SWEATS ARE SOMETHING ELSE. I HOPE EVERYONE IT DOING WELL & ALL YOU ARE IN MY THOUGHTS.
Unread 06-11-2008, 03:17 AM

Well girls this is not the kind of news we want to hear and is most frustrating for you. Hope that things do get better sooner. It is boring having to sit around and not do anything. I know since I've been able to do more it's been great and I don't spend much time on the computer anymore. Guess weeks of not doing anything did make me want to do more.

Keep in touch and I'll keep watching this thread to see how you are doing. Venting is allowed anytime by the way!
Unread 06-11-2008, 06:25 AM
update

Oh, my gosh - tfmt - my heart goes out to you - it really does. I pray that you and the other ladies on here feel better soon. You've had to endure so much...

As for me, I felt better for the first couple of months, not pain free, but better. However, now i'm starting to go downhill again. My endo is back with a vengeance, so it's obvious that some places weren't zapped during H. I suspect my hrt isn't helping matters, so it's back to the Dr. I go to see what I can do about it.

I'm mad. I thought all this pain would be over. But it's not. I wish endo had a cure. Or at least figure out what causes it.
Unread 06-11-2008, 01:01 PM

Hi Act
I too had my surgery in January, 2 days before you, I was told not to take HRT because endo would sure return, I have gone "cold turkey" since surgery no HRT, tough at times, but overall doing well, and cannot believe how much better I feel
if you have to have more treatment to zap any returned endo, talk to the doc re not taking HRT
I hope you will do okay

Hi TN shutterbug, how are your wedding shoots going now?
good to hear from some of those who I recall chatting with earlier this year.
life has gotten busy, never thought that initial period of post op b lah would end!

stay well
Unread 06-11-2008, 01:57 PM

Hi Louie64,

I ended up doing another wedding and have another couple lined up! I have a couple of them on my betterphoto gallery, here is a link in case you would like to see them- http://www.betterphoto.com/gallery/f...emberID=198918
I hope it is ok to put that on here, it is a public thing so I guess it is alright to do that, if not sorry. I have enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I don't think I did as good on the one that was a few weeks after my surgery but they were happy with them.

I have more energy than I have had in a few years! I enjoy the freedom from heavy periods and can enjoy life so much more now. There are still a couple of problems but the good far out weighs the bad! It is so nice to not worry about getting my peroid for trips or for the photography jobs I have been doing.

Tammy
Unread 06-16-2008, 01:15 PM

hey Tammy
way to go! I am so glad you have had decent results, mine have been good as well.
Nina

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register