Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Unread 01-29-2008, 04:22 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 21-Jan 28,2008

Ladies,

I had a really bad day. I feel pretty crappy. Went out for pain meds, just the ibuprofen, and some necessary supplies to get me regular and a thermometer. I've got a fever of 101. I suspect UTI as urination is getting painful. Will call doc in the morning.

Sigh. I'm hoping for a better day tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2008, 06:35 PM

I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

So far I am very fortunate all is going well I am off pain meds. Just motrin and had an unassited BM today so that seems to be working. Having crazy cold spells, no hot flashes. Was walking today and slipped a little, felt a little pull down my leg but so far that seems okay.

I still can not sleep. That I know will get better in time.

All are in my prayers.
Unread 01-29-2008, 07:05 PM

Our reports must have came back the same time. Mine was adenocarcoma and I am assuming was the reason for the large uterus. My doc called early this morning to tell me and to tell me about additional tests to be done now...also to check on me. Thinks I have an infection so called in some antibiotics to be sure since I cant get in until the 15th.

Good luck to everyone!
Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havaheart66
I went for my PostOp appt today. Dr. thinks I'm doing very good on the healing. I was having terrible pains last night in my lower groin area and couldn't pee at all so I was pretty sure I had something going on there. He checked and I have a bladder infection. He has prescribed antibiotic and something to calm the bladder spasms. As far as the hysterectomy pains, I'm still sore but nothing that tylenol isn't taking care of. The worst pain right now is the bladder spasms and hopefully that will get better now. My pathology report showed I had something called Adenymosis.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2008, 07:47 PM

I'm so sorry that some of us are having pain, fevers and such. My prayers are with each of you. Keep positive and make sure you rest a lot and treat yourselves to what your body needs.

As for me, I had my LAVH (kept ovaries) for fibroids and uncontrollable bleeding one week ago on 1/22. I'm doing very well considering everything, I guess. Yesterday I went to the movies with my daughter and today I spent several hours doing work on my laptop from home. I've add a BM unassisted every day since Friday and they have not caused me any pain. I'm a bit sore when urinating and hope that I"m not getting a bladder infection. I know I should be drinking more water but with such low activity I'm just not that thirsty. I need to force myself. As for pain meds, I am taking Percoset at night mostly to help me sleep, and Motrin during the day just when I feel sore. I go in to see the doctor on Thursday... does anyone know what the one-week check up entails? Will she look inside at the stitches? Just ask questions and take temp/blood pressure? I know she will check my iron levels because they had dropped down to 8 after surgery. I hope they've had a chance to go up.

One thing is I"m feeling a little PMS coming on. I still have my ovaries, and I hope I'm not imagining it, but I feel a little irritable, emotional and some breast soreness. My next period would have been coming in the next couple of days, so I wonder if it's still possible to have PMS without a period.

All in all, much to be thankful for.
Unread 01-29-2008, 08:40 PM

I went for my one week post op today. He did NOT do a vaginal exam thank the Lord as I was really dreading that one. He said he would not do that until my six week.
They checked my BP, temp, iron, urine. I did NOT have to undress but laid back briefly on the table and let him press around here and there. He was very pleased at my recovery except for the bladder infection. I can't believe it I've obviously had it several days. I've been sore from surgery but the pressure down there at my groin was awful and I just assumed it was from the surgery and it was this infection. This medication must be starting to work as the pressure is easing off.
Please do not be dreading your appt. It's all part of the recovery process. I'm praying for each of you!!!
Unread 01-29-2008, 09:08 PM

I had a LAVH on 1/23 ... doc took everything, cervix, uterus, both ovaries. The day started off with 4 tries to get the IV in, so I bruised up a bit on my hands and arms. Doc said once he and the assisting doc made the 3 lap incisions and looked around, it was a 'disaster' inside. I have endometriosis and it has taken over. My right ovary was adhered to the back wall, my uterus, bowel and bladder were all adhered together. Doc explained it as a 'hair raising', very delicate surgery, said I really put him to work. He said they had to work very hard to get things apart as delicately as they could without damaging other organs. Although I pre-registered 5 days before surgery, they didn't get me to a room (in orthopedics ... ???) until almost 8pm (I woke up at 2pm in recovery). Nursing staff was horrible and I had to have my husband call the nurses station from home to get them to go to my room. The doc ordered a hormone patch, and when I asked the nurse about it, she tried to give me a nicotine patch! Yikes! Worst hospital experience! Anyway, the next evening I got to go home (thank God!) and the ride home was very painful. Ouchie!! Doc said there was a chance my bowel might have been damaged because of all of the scar tissue involved, so I had to stay on clear fluids for 3 more days after I was released. Well, I swelled up really bad from eating so much chicken broth. By Sunday, my face looked like a lion! I could barely open my eyes. Drank tons of water and that got better. I feel a lot of pressure in my rectum, doc said it's probably because they worked a lot in that area to get through adhesions/scar tissue and there's a lot of swelling. I have the Climara patch and that seems to be okay. I'm 6 days post-op. I'm sore and I tire easily, but I already feel so much better. I'm looking forward to starting my new job soon and having a much better quality of life without chronic pain. It'll be even better when the shave they gave me grows in ... itchy! I'm so glad it's over! Yay!
Unread 01-29-2008, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsjm5
I had a LAVH on 1/23 ... doc took everything, cervix, uterus, both ovaries. The day started off with 4 tries to get the IV in, so I bruised up a bit on my hands and arms. Doc said once he and the assisting doc made the 3 lap incisions and looked around, it was a 'disaster' inside. I have endometriosis and it has taken over. My right ovary was adhered to the back wall, my uterus, bowel and bladder were all adhered together. Doc explained it as a 'hair raising', very delicate surgery, said I really put him to work. He said they had to work very hard to get things apart as delicately as they could without damaging other organs. Although I pre-registered 5 days before surgery, they didn't get me to a room (in orthopedics ... ???) until almost 8pm (I woke up at 2pm in recovery). Nursing staff was horrible and I had to have my husband call the nurses station from home to get them to go to my room. The doc ordered a hormone patch, and when I asked the nurse about it, she tried to give me a nicotine patch! Yikes! Worst hospital experience! Anyway, the next evening I got to go home (thank God!) and the ride home was very painful. Ouchie!! Doc said there was a chance my bowel might have been damaged because of all of the scar tissue involved, so I had to stay on clear fluids for 3 more days after I was released. Well, I swelled up really bad from eating so much chicken broth. By Sunday, my face looked like a lion! I could barely open my eyes. Drank tons of water and that got better. I feel a lot of pressure in my rectum, doc said it's probably because they worked a lot in that area to get through adhesions/scar tissue and there's a lot of swelling. I have the Climara patch and that seems to be okay. I'm 6 days post-op. I'm sore and I tire easily, but I already feel so much better. I'm looking forward to starting my new job soon and having a much better quality of life without chronic pain. It'll be even better when the shave they gave me grows in ... itchy! I'm so glad it's over! Yay!
Bless your heart! I am praying for you! I'm sitting here on my pitty potty tonight with I guess Post Op Blues and God always shows me someone whose needs are greater than mine!
Unread 01-29-2008, 11:40 PM

Now whats got you so blue havaheart? I can promise its gonna get better soon...everything does!
I'll wish away your blues as I wish away these vagiflutters I cant do anything about!

Kim
  Quote:
Originally Posted by Havaheart66
Bless your heart! I am praying for you! I'm sitting here on my pitty potty tonight with I guess Post Op Blues and God always shows me someone whose needs are greater than mine!
Unread 01-29-2008, 11:50 PM

My DOc told me I would still have PMS without the period. He said there wouldnt be the cramping but I would still have the hormones and the sore breats
  Quote:
Originally Posted by MelinCalif
I'm so sorry that some of us are having pain, fevers and such. My prayers are with each of you. Keep positive and make sure you rest a lot and treat yourselves to what your body needs.

As for me, I had my LAVH (kept ovaries) for fibroids and uncontrollable bleeding one week ago on 1/22. I'm doing very well considering everything, I guess. Yesterday I went to the movies with my daughter and today I spent several hours doing work on my laptop from home. I've add a BM unassisted every day since Friday and they have not caused me any pain. I'm a bit sore when urinating and hope that I"m not getting a bladder infection. I know I should be drinking more water but with such low activity I'm just not that thirsty. I need to force myself. As for pain meds, I am taking Percoset at night mostly to help me sleep, and Motrin during the day just when I feel sore. I go in to see the doctor on Thursday... does anyone know what the one-week check up entails? Will she look inside at the stitches? Just ask questions and take temp/blood pressure? I know she will check my iron levels because they had dropped down to 8 after surgery. I hope they've had a chance to go up.

One thing is I"m feeling a little PMS coming on. I still have my ovaries, and I hope I'm not imagining it, but I feel a little irritable, emotional and some breast soreness. My next period would have been coming in the next couple of days, so I wonder if it's still possible to have PMS without a period.

All in all, much to be thankful for.
Unread 01-29-2008, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maume3
Now whats got you so blue havaheart? I can promise its gonna get better soon...everything does!
I'll wish away your blues as I wish away these vagiflutters I cant do anything about!

Kim
I'm not sure why I'm so blue today! I got a good checkup. I just have no energy and feel like I'll never be the same again. But then again would I want to be the same? Bleeding 26 days out of 30??? Nadda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register