merry monday, 21 jan | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

merry monday, 21 jan merry monday, 21 jan

Unread 01-21-2008, 12:02 AM
Wink - merry monday, 21 jan merry monday, 21 jan

morning

yep, you guessed it, again

took billy for 2 shortish walkies last night, around 2 miles in total, so that's not too bad.

breakfast - oat crunchy w/ natural yoghurt
lunch - ham salad sandwich
dinner - pork chops, mash, veggies

have to now, and get this morning started, have a great, but op day all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2008, 04:15 AM
merry monday, 21 jan

Morning Fran

Official weigh-in day for me shows another half pound gone -- total is 4.5 this month. It would have been more, but I had a yearning for some Chinese last night & the soy sauce must have me retaining fluid.

Food has not been the BEST as I've been opting for quick food versus taking time to cook this past week. I've been staying within my points, but have again focused more on carbs. So, here's to a new week and better choices -- need to to have these choices quickly available for me to take on the run.

B - honey nut cheerios (dry)
S - yogurt
L - apple slices w/ peanut butter
D - left over Chinese -- then it's out of the house

Exercise will be walking the in the evening. I also need to scrub the kitchen & bathroom floors this evening.

I'm working half days this week until we actually get a release date for DH. He was finally placed on a liquid diet last night The afternoons will be visiting him in the hospital -- and then I'll take off when he gets released from the hospital.

Ok... gotta get moving -- lots to do as DH called with a list of things to bring with me today... definitely feeling better!
Unread 01-21-2008, 04:51 AM
merry monday, 21 jan

Good Morning Everyone!
Hi Fran and Sue this morning, and Melissa, Desk and Barri from yesterday.

I thought I posted yesterday, but I guess not.

We worked in the basement most of the day, but have 3 walls almost done now. It's starting to look good. Lots to do, but I'm sure getting my exercise in each day.

I walked around 6:00 last night, and it was cold . The wind chills here were still way below zero, but they stayed there all day, so I finally just headed out. I really don't mind walking in the cold, it's the wind that makes it harder.
Food yesterday was mostly OP. I gave in to some cashews during last nights football game, but I sure could have made worse choices.

Today I've got lots of stuff to do, so movement all day. I'll head to Curves and I'll walk also. Snow maybe coming in later this afternoon, so aerobic snow shoveling might be in my workout plans this evening and again tomorrow.

Got to get going here, I'm behind and need to get stuff done.

Have a BEST OP day everyone!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2008, 06:29 AM
merry monday, 21 jan

Hello, Hello, Everyone

OMG, have I been AWOL or what?

Barri-- Thanks for noticing that I have been gone!

Last week was kind of hectic, and everytime I sat down to post, I realized I didn't have time to. I am still busy helping my friend who has Alzheimers. I think I have finally (kindly and gently) convinced her to move to assisted living, so we have been spending time together planning that. DH had an important job interview last week as well, so I was helping him prepare for that. And then there's that pesky job that seems to take up so much of my time.

The Good: Stayed on track with exercise and did well, for the most part, on food choices and portion control.

The Bad: Did not post here, which I think is important for me to succeed in my goals. Did not drink enough water. Did not eat enough vegetables. The latter two are difficult for me when it is so cold here. Okay, I know for most of the rest of you, highs in the 50s is practically considered balmy for winter temps, but for us here in So.Arizona, we are freezing. In fact, it has been an unusually cold winter. I read Nancy's posts and am practically paralyzed at the thought of going outside in those conditions

The Ugly: Didn't lose any weight, didn't get to move a single paperclip from one chain to the other. Still cannot get into those one-size smaller jeans hanging in my closet.

Well, this is the start of a brand-new week. Have a great one, all my BEST friends.

Gotta go, off to Curves!
Unread 01-21-2008, 10:10 AM
merry monday, 21 jan

Good- Morning !!!

Sabino, so good to see you again, I am with you when it comes to weather. When it is only in the 50's it is downright cold for us as well.

With everything going on in your life, I think staying on an exercise program and making good food choices and NOT gaining any weight is success in my book.

Sue, How good it is to hear DH is getting better by the day. For the weight lost ... good job.

I was on my for 45 minutes (2.75 miles). I won't weight myself until Wednesday.

I still have that stupid headache.

Food for the day

Pre-B ... duble fiber toast w/pb, tea and 24 oz water
S ... about 1/4 C cottage cheese after work out
B ... Simply harvest oatmeal w/blueberries
L ... Sudden decision to take some friends to lunch, so will have some kind of salad
D ... either pinto beans or chicken soup
S... apple, almonds

After lunch I will stop the store and some more veggies.And slice them up so they are ready to munch on.

Well, best be along and get some work done around here before I am off to lunch

to Fran and Nancy and everyone else to follows.

Everyone have a day !!!

Barri

Unread 01-21-2008, 10:16 AM
merry monday, 21 jan

hi I am new here. I am so liking your idea's of posting what you eat each day! And I am so jealous of you all being able to "move it". I am still recovering from a rectocele surgery and have orders to do nothing. It is really starting to bug me, but its only been two weeks.
Unread 01-21-2008, 11:40 AM
merry monday, 21 jan

Welcome Diane07 this is a great place to be if you're interested in staying healthy!!

Fran....I cannot believe it is STILL raining there. Wow, you'll soon float away.

Hi Sabino, Sue, Barri and Nancy

Well, I'm TRYING to get back in the saddle so to speak but I'm fearful of some foods. unfortunately the foods that don't bother me, are all the bland and carb-loaded foods that have no good value either. ((( It's the high fiber I am fearful of until I'm sure my stomach can handle it)))

Oh boy, slowly I will get better, I hope. My weight is not good and I'm feeling uncomfortable because of it.
Unread 01-21-2008, 11:48 AM
merry monday, 21 jan

right now I am mostly interested in staying regular. I am two weeks out from a rectocele repair and drink tons of water and fiber but its still hard. I am afraid of messing things up.
Unread 01-21-2008, 11:51 AM
merry monday, 21 jan

Diane. You will find a lot of support here, these ladies are great !!! . I can understand the frustration of not being able to do anything. I am just about 3 months into my recovery. I had the all clear to resume exceriseing at 7 weeks, but it not until 2-3 weeks ago I felt strong enough to do it. I am not sure how long your recovery is since I dod not have that kind of surgery, but others here I am sure do.Please don't push yourself as I am sure you have heard, you only have on time to recover right.

Nanno ... I am glad to see you posting and recovering albeit slowly.

Must run ..
Barri
Unread 01-21-2008, 01:03 PM
merry monday, 21 jan

thats the bad thing about this surgery it takes so long 3-4 months for the area to become strong. My mom had the cystocele repair done a long time ago and they gave her a weight restriction forever! I am positive that is what I am going to get too......that would eliminate my weight lifting class.....sniff sniff

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register