How much time did you take off work? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How much time did you take off work? How much time did you take off work?

Unread 02-06-2008, 06:14 AM
How much time did you take off work?

Hello everyone. I finally went back to work last week after being out for 8 weeks. I had a complete hysterectomy on December 3. The doctor pretty much went in and took whatever was not nailed down. He cleared me after 8 weeks to go back to work, and I feel like I am 88 years old. I get so tired after a couple of hours, and I feel like I'm losing my mind. I'm achy, still don't drive, and am not sleeping very well. Is anyone else feeling this way? My doctor says the pain is still all post op and just give it time- this is the same doctor who said I was fine at 5 weeks and I ended up in the ER for infections in my incisions. People at work are NOT understanding at all. They tell you something when you are there, and I found out they've been boogers the whole time while I was out. I'd like them all to spend just 1 HR inside this body. Does anyone else feel this way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2008, 01:51 PM

Faifylou,
I know how you feel. I had a LAVH on December 28, 2007 and my Doc told me I can return to work after 2 weeks. Yeah right! I started back to work on January 14, 2008 and am still not working full time. I am sorry the people at your work are not being supportive. I know it sounds silly, but I read to try and wear sweatpants, etc around the house and work so your family and co-workers realize you are not feeling better yet. Try to keep your spirits up.
Unread 02-06-2008, 03:45 PM

Hi
FYI I from Pensacola! Not to far from you. I have been back to work off and on for the last 3 weeks. I have been slowly building my way back in. 1st week just a couple of hourse. 2nd week (2) 6 hour days, 1 day off and 1 1/2 day. This week I worked (2) 6 hours day, 1 1/2 day (today) and the next 2 days I will work 6 hour days. Next week I will try more.
I feel pretty good in the morning but by noon - my belly is swollen, I start getting low pelvin pain and pressure and I am ready for bed. Pain is minimal but it is annoying!!!!! I am 8 weeks today from my hysterectomy and 6 weeks from my vaginal cuff repair.
I am taking my time getting back on my regular schedule and I don't care who gets mad. This is hard for me because I pride myself in being a hard worker and keeping everyone happy. But this time it is ALL about me. Out of necessity.
By the way I am a school secretary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2008, 06:50 PM

My TAH was Nov 8 and just over 1 week post op I had a night of vomiting and diarrhea and ended up in emerg with my incision split open. After that things went okay and I was off work for 7 weeks and started back 1/2 days for 2 weeks...I was very tired and really needed those weeks off. Now I'm dealing with a rectocele and wake up at 3 am and can't get back to sleep for the life of me. So take the time you need....I know we're all different but it seems to me that 8 weeks is about right.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register