My hubby LOVES HysterSisters!!Ya gotta read this! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My hubby LOVES HysterSisters!!Ya gotta read this! My hubby LOVES HysterSisters!!Ya gotta read this!

Unread 01-22-2008, 06:08 AM
My hubby LOVES HysterSisters!!Ya gotta read this!

Hi again!
I wasn't sure where to post this, but I HAD to write!
If you don't remember my story- I was told last Monday (14th) that I had to have a TAV on the 18th, giving me only 4 days to prepare.Thank goodness I found this site! It calmed me and gave me TONS of info that I used.My surgery went well, and my amazing doc was wonderful.Before surgery however, I spent alot of time here, reading, posting, learning. I would talk constantly of the posts I read, sharing every little tidbit of info with my hubby - he even said at one point,"who are these people?"!!I think he thought I was in a cult or something!!
Typical man, I thought - they just don't get it.
Well, here I am-4 days post-op.In alot of pain,and having alot of questions-most of which are answered here.Last night was bad-REALLY bad! I got about 3 hours sleep-couldn't get comfortable, pain, yadaa,yadaa.I guess I finally dozed on the couch for a bit,cause I woke up after my hubby had left for work.I slowly got up ,went potty, and got a cup of java.On my way back to the couch, I found this letter taped to the computer:
"Honey- you finally fell asleep,wasn't about to wake you or try to get you to the bed.Anyhow, I visited that hyster site you've been reading and before you call the doctor this morning, get on there again.Most of our answers are there! I still want you to call about your medicine,but they have some really cool ideas about sleeping and what you should and shouldn't do to make you comfortable.It is really neat! They have a place to blog with other women, and articles and checklists.I printed out a picture of that belly sling and will try to figure out a way to make one for you, cause you might need it.Anyhow, Please call Dr. and don't forget to make an appointment.Call me when you wake up.Love Ya bunches,Me"
OH MY!!!! He is hooked!!! I told him about this site, but I guess he didn't get it!!! He is even gonna try to make me a swelly belly!!! I really want one, but we really can't afford it with me not working for awhile, but the fact he took the time to read all of this!! I am beside myself!! God is great!!
I hope there are MANY husbands out there who lurk here - it will really help them understand a little better!!
Sorry so long - just very proud and HAPPY!!!!
Leslie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2008, 07:22 AM

Hi Leslie
Thank you for sharing. It is always fun to see a dh who cares enough to look and really check out what his wife is talking about. I absolutely love the way he says "our answers" He's a keeper for sure.
I'm glad you are finding help here and answers to your questions. Anytime we can help just let us know.

I hope your pain gets better soon. You are very early post op, but you should be able to control your pain pretty well with your meds and limiting your activities. If it continues, let your dr know. Sometimes members have needed a change if one type didn't work for them. Keep us updated on your progress.
's, Rita
Unread 01-22-2008, 09:45 AM

Leslie my twin have your Dh go to the local drug store and get the reusable ice packs I got tw from the hopital that has ties on them at night I put one under my back for that pain and place the other under the band of my jammies to hold it on my tummy works wonders looks funny walking around the house with it stuck down my pants but it feels good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2008, 11:34 AM

igachick hurray for you what a wonderful DH...I can understand the budget, If you happen to have an ace bandage you could use that with some baggies with ice. Also a little later if you have some soft tummy support panties don't be afraid of using them good luck in your recovery
Unread 01-22-2008, 12:01 PM

dear igachick (leslie)

Your DH is a keeper for sure! I am just across the river from you in Burlington, KY. I am 10 days ahead of you, but was able to wait until after the holidays for my surgery. I can't imagine having only 4 days notice. My husband is really glad I found this site too, so I won't talk his ear off! Under the Support Tab, there is a "For Men" section too. (misterhystersisters.com)

Each day will get better for you, I promise. I have not used ice (didn't feel like I needed to.) but others have used bags of frozen veggies like peas. you could use the same ones over and over (don't eat them, they will likely get mushy after a bit. ) Just listen to your body, and lay down and nap when it says to.

Keep us posted on your progress!
Unread 01-22-2008, 12:10 PM

That was a really great story. You are so lucky to have such a caring DH!! For him to come on here and check everything out (to make sure you weren't joining a cult! lol) and even printing out a pic and wanting to make you a swelly belly band. Thanks for sharing with us, it made my day.

You are early in your post op. I think that your pain is normal. Still call your dr if you feel something isn't right. It is a long recovery period and you will have good days and bad, but you will reach recovery. It is really nice to have the recovery progress thread for women who have had surgery at the same time. It will give you great comfort to know that most of the time, these women are experiencing the same things as you. And even the women who have had surgery at different times will have alot of the same experience and will probably be helpful with questions that you have.

I'm glad you found this site. Good luck in your recovery.
Unread 01-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by igachick
Hi again!
I wasn't sure where to post this, but I HAD to write!
If you don't remember my story- I was told last Monday (14th) that I had to have a TAV on the 18th, giving me only 4 days to prepare.Thank goodness I found this site! It calmed me and gave me TONS of info that I used.My surgery went well, and my amazing doc was wonderful.Before surgery however, I spent alot of time here, reading, posting, learning. I would talk constantly of the posts I read, sharing every little tidbit of info with my hubby - he even said at one point,"who are these people?"!!I think he thought I was in a cult or something!!
Typical man, I thought - they just don't get it.
Well, here I am-4 days post-op.In alot of pain,and having alot of questions-most of which are answered here.Last night was bad-REALLY bad! I got about 3 hours sleep-couldn't get comfortable, pain, yadaa,yadaa.I guess I finally dozed on the couch for a bit,cause I woke up after my hubby had left for work.I slowly got up ,went potty, and got a cup of java.On my way back to the couch, I found this letter taped to the computer:
"Honey- you finally fell asleep,wasn't about to wake you or try to get you to the bed.Anyhow, I visited that hyster site you've been reading and before you call the doctor this morning, get on there again.Most of our answers are there! I still want you to call about your medicine,but they have some really cool ideas about sleeping and what you should and shouldn't do to make you comfortable.It is really neat! They have a place to blog with other women, and articles and checklists.I printed out a picture of that belly sling and will try to figure out a way to make one for you, cause you might need it.Anyhow, Please call Dr. and don't forget to make an appointment.Call me when you wake up.Love Ya bunches,Me"
OH MY!!!! He is hooked!!! I told him about this site, but I guess he didn't get it!!! He is even gonna try to make me a swelly belly!!! I really want one, but we really can't afford it with me not working for awhile, but the fact he took the time to read all of this!! I am beside myself!! God is great!!
I hope there are MANY husbands out there who lurk here - it will really help them understand a little better!!
Sorry so long - just very proud and HAPPY!!!!
Leslie
Leslie,
You have a awesome Hubby~ you are truly blessed!
Thanks for sharing your story!

Happy healing and God Bless!

Rocky Cat
Unread 01-22-2008, 07:36 PM

We must be very blessed to have such wonderful hubbies! Mine still sits and reads the posts right along with me. When I had my surgery he too was looking for ways to help get some answers on here as well. He has been very supportive from the very beginning of my journey and still is. He goes with me to all my appointments and asks many questions, ones I wouldn't have thought to ask. My doctor was so touched by this. He made sure he wrote down the website so my doctor could share it with all her patients.
Unread 01-22-2008, 09:22 PM

Awww, what a sweet husband! You're very fortunate -- but, sounds like you know that!

Hang in there, you're very early on in your recovery .. things will get better with each day that passes. Take care and !!
Unread 01-23-2008, 04:07 AM

What a wonderful story. It is good to no there are sympathetic and caring dh's. I am 4 months out from a TAH/BSO. My hubby is such a sweety but not a computer person-lol. Take care of yourself-it really is true each day will be better.
DEBBIE

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register