Dr. appointment in 2 hours will I have an internal? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dr. appointment in 2 hours will I have an internal? Dr. appointment in 2 hours will I have an internal?

Unread 01-22-2008, 11:36 AM
Dr. appointment in 2 hours will I have an internal?

I am only 8 days post op and off to see the doctor for the first time. I surely hope this is just for a chat. I would hate to think I'd have an internal exam this quickly when I am still sitting on a donut.

How soon do they do an internal exam after a TVH?

Kay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2008, 11:48 AM

hi,

I had a different type of surgery but yes, I did have an internal, very quick with the speculum (sp?) to check the vaginal healing. My appt was 10 days post op.

I'll say a quick prayer for you.
Unread 01-22-2008, 12:03 PM

Oh my I'm having my 2 week post op visit in an hour also. Soooooo nervouse been running a fever for 3 days. I did speak to the Dr. at the time I didn't have any discharge just some pain on the right side. Now I have pain, discharge and it hurts like hell when I pee.

Wish me luck.....I really hope its not an infection.

Michelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2008, 12:06 PM
Hi

I had an internal right around that time.. but do not fear... all they did was LOOK not TOUCH... I was more afraid of the touching part!!!
Good luck ladies
Unread 01-22-2008, 12:17 PM

I had a tvh. At my first post op visit(2 week) my doc used a speculum and peaked inside. It didn't really hurt it was just tender. She didn't do an internal exam as far as poking and prodding inside. At my 6 week post op she did the internal. I was really nervous, but it didn't hurt at all. Good luck. Just try to be relaxed and whatever your dr has to do will be o.k.
Unread 01-22-2008, 01:18 PM

I had a TAH and did not have an internal exam until 6 weeks. Didn't hurt, but I was nervous too.
Good luck
Kpapc
Unread 01-22-2008, 01:43 PM

No internal, she just looked at the stitches from the posterior repair.

It was a pleasant visit and the nurse said that I would be released to go back to work at 4 weeks and I just laughed. I've been retired for almost 9 years after teaching for 31. I said, just so I can get back to my canasta and my mah jongg. I know that I have the ideal life and that I live in paradise and I am grateful for that every day.

I go back in 4 weeks and have to stay out of my formal exercise classes until I am 12 weeks post op because of the prolapse repair and my age. Gosh, no crunches for 11 more weeks by doctor's orders. I think I'll cry.

I can drive now and I can use the treadmill if it is too cold to walk outside. I am very happy.

The mouth ulcers are most likely just from stress. They are improving so I am not concerned about them any more.

Kay
Unread 01-22-2008, 02:27 PM

just had my appt. with internal,,wasnt bad didnt even hurt they said everything was fine,,,and i did not need to come back,,unless something happens,,allowed tub baths finally
Unread 01-22-2008, 02:50 PM

Oh, I forgot to ask about the tub baths too. I love my tub.

I'll just continue to shower only until I see her again in 4 weeks. I rushed it after my first child was born and got an infection. I took three or four baths a day because that was the only relief I could get from all of my stitches. I sure remember those problems and I don't want them again.

Kay
Unread 01-22-2008, 03:04 PM

you could call and asked them tell them you forgot,,i said when can i and they looked at me thinking i was going to ask about sex,,I SAID TAKE A BATH..she said now,,,soo happy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register