6 months post op GHASTLY pain/silver nitrate | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 months post op GHASTLY pain/silver nitrate 6 months post op GHASTLY pain/silver nitrate

Unread 01-22-2008, 02:39 PM
6 months post op GHASTLY pain/silver nitrate

Well - it's me again. The complainer. The post op patient that won't go away.

I posted two weeks or so ago that I was still having bleeding...post lsh hyster. At that time, I'd had my 1st silver nitrate application. He had me come back in today for another. He says there is "granuloma" at the cervix. But he isn't ready to just jump in and remove it. Says it could take up to 5 applications of the s.n. At the time of my appointment today - I couldn't even remember why I had them leave my cervix, honestly. I had to ask the dr.! He said it was better for pelvic support.

Ladies, I'm in so much ghastly pain - I'm about 2 seconds from driving myself to te ER. I have a call in to his office right now. From what I've read - many people have this s.n. treatment and experience little or nothng afterwards. For me....it almost takes my breath - and causes serious cramps - worse cramps I've ever had - and I had BAD ones from adenomyosis. But in addition - it causes me to have HORRIBLE leg pain. Shooting, cramping, aching leg pain. Can ANYONE here understand this?

I tried to explain this to my dr. - he just said take motrin. Ummm, I can't/shouldn't...I have gastritis.

I need some direction on this - I hurt so bad I can't think straight. I had this done at 11 a.m. and I am, 5 hours later (almost) on the couch in horric pain - legs propped up on two pillows. And this is AFTER taking 3 ibuprofen that I should not have taken. HELP ME. What should I do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2008, 03:03 PM

I sure hope someone gets here with an answer for you quickly, you poor thing.

Gentle hugs to you.

Kay
Unread 01-22-2008, 09:58 PM

(((MakeMineTea)))
Bless your heart, I hate that this whole process has been so painful for you, but I hate even worse that you feel you are a complainer. It sounds like you are going through a very difficult time right now and have every right to honestly express how you are feeling and what your questions are. Please don't feel apologetic about your situation or for coming and asking for some help with it.

I haven't had these treatments so I don't feel very qualified to address the problems you are having right now, but I know if I were in your shoes I would be looking for some answers to what seem to be several questions your dr hasn't addressed for you.

First of all, from reading your posts it doesn't seem clear just which type of surgery you had and the big question mark is whether you have your cervix still or not. It would help us help you better and I think it would help you to understand what might be causing your ongoing problems if you could settle this question.

You need to ask your dr about this and he also needs to explain why this has hurt you so badly. From what I have read, this procedure is commonly uncomfortable, but not normally as painful as you have experienced. With pain in your legs too it just seems like something more might be involved here. I would encourage you to ask your dr more questions and even to ask for a second opinion before more treatments are done.

I'm sorry you didn't receive some help right when this was posted. I'm not sure what we could have told you. I hope you're feeling better now. Let us know how the day has gone and how you are doing. If you are continuing to cramp try some heat on your tummy to see if it would relieve it some. I look forward to hearing your report.
's, Rita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2008, 10:36 PM

I am sorry you are experiencing so much pain with your silver nitrate treatments. I had 3 treatments with the silver nitrate, and a minor surgery in the doctor's office, and I had piercing pain when it was done, but just a little cramping at home that grew weaker as the hours passed and pretty much gone the next day.

You having so much pain makes me think that perhaps there is something else going on in that area for it to hurt so badly, and needs further investigation. I would get a second opinion to see why this kind of pain is happening.

If you are still in such pain, I would give my doctor a call ,and also consider going to ER for some relief.

Wishing you relief and answers to the pain.

s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register