Hair re-growth | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hair re-growth Hair re-growth

Unread 01-22-2008, 05:53 PM
Hair re-growth

Anyone out there have new hair growth while still doing chemo? I have read several articles on the internet regarding this topic.

I wonder if it starts regrowing and then it starts to fall out again.
One article says it can start growing 2-3 weeks after last chemo?
Others say 4-6 weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2008, 06:05 PM
Hair re-growth

I have heard about regrowth during chemotherapy, but I heard it falls out again with the next treatment. Oh, well.
Unread 01-22-2008, 06:42 PM
Hair re-growth

I have had 'fuzz' on my head throughout the entire chemo (except when I shaved it all off). However, it never grew very long (less than one inch).

The top is brown, and the sides are brown and gray (d'oh!). I am down to my last eyelash, and I have a few lingering eyebrow hairs hanging in there

My hair hasn't grown back yet - or seemed like its going to. I do expect it to start growing back any day now! I'll let you know when it starts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2008, 10:48 PM
Hair re-growth

My hair fell out -- all my hair fell completely out!! I didn't have any regrowth during chemo -- it started about 6 weeks post final chemo.

Now, one year later, it is curly (never was before) and it is almost shoulder length. The funny thing is that I kept it super short before chemo but since it started to grow back, I feel an extreme aversion to even getting a trim.

Here's a delightful side effect of chemo (well, actually the steroids) -- when the body hair started to come back I thought maybe I was becoming a wolf-woman! The facial hair was esp distressing and I was really freaking out but one of the women here on HS pointed out to me that this is temporary, and it was. Thank goodness.

My last hair problem -- the eyebrows fell out, ironically, just as the head hair was starting to return. Boing, they all fell out but then very quickly returned. One eyebrow hair, though, became ingrown and I've had a pimple-like sore there for a year. I need to go to a dermatologist but it never seems like I feel like going through all that just for an ingrown hair.

When the head hair returned, it seemed at first that I had gone super gray, but that didn't last. Now I think it is about the same amount of gray as before.
Unread 01-23-2008, 07:03 AM
Hair re-growth

I lost every hair on my body 2 weeks after my first chemo. It actually started growing back on my head after my 7th chemo. I had 9 rounds of taxotere & carbo. The hair on the rest of my body didn't start coming in until I was a few months out from chemo. The hair on my head came in curly, thick & black & grey. The hair on the rest of me came in very fine & in some areas not at all! LOL
Bertha
Unread 01-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Hair re-growth

Mine started to grow back after my 5th treatment. I was afraid that the chemo had stopped working but one of the nurses at the center told me not to worry. It's not unusual and it happened to both her husband and daughter.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register