My recovery is no longer about me :( (Child Mentioned) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My recovery is no longer about me :( (Child Mentioned) My recovery is no longer about me :( (Child Mentioned)

Unread 01-23-2008, 12:00 AM
My recovery is no longer about me :( (Child Mentioned)

Last Thursday (one day before my 3 wk post op mark of TAH BSO) My son called to be picked up from school with a headache. On October 31st 2007 he had brain surgery # 51 (it was his 3rd one in a matter of 2 weeks).
At this point I had yet to drive, and proceded to pick him up and drive 35 miles to MRI and Nuerosurgeons office. We left the Drs. Office with me in tears! He had developed 3 cysts in one of the ventricles of brain. We were sent home with the intentions of getting a "Fuctional MRI" which includes speech and motor skills, and a surgery in the near future. To make a long story short. That night we ended up in the ER. We have had two 3 hr brain surgeries. The first surgery on Fr.i With the bad news he needed another. He had that one yesterday. They are not quite sure about the 2nd as it did not go as planned. I am so tired! I am going to the Dr. tomorrow to check on a hard spot above my incision. I am so thankful that my Mom flew in yesterday. I have been able to be home the last few nights. Sleeping in my bed has given me lots of rest. I hope my appoinment goes well. I was not due to see the Dr. til Feb 8th. I guess I am venting and asking for prayers for all of us. Hubby is doing Chemo and I think our cards need to be shuffled LOL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2008, 01:36 AM

I am so sorry! You just can't get ahead, can you?

Do you mind if I ask where you are? I'm assuming you're not anywhere near me (not that I could help either ... I'm just 2 1/2 weeks postop myself), but I've got a ton of friends all over the place, and if there's anything they can do to help - I'm sure they'd do whatever they can.

Unread 01-23-2008, 06:26 AM

I will be thinking of you and your family at this time....we are always here to listen and send words of encouragement and support....you are in my prayers.... - Suzyq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2008, 06:54 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with your whole family. Sometimes when it rains, it pours and life stinks at times for sure.

Take care of yourself as much as you can because you must be strong for your men, especially the little one.

Bless you.

Kay
Unread 01-23-2008, 07:38 AM

Hi,

I just wanted to add my prayers for you and your family. I'm glad that at least you have your mother there now during this trying time for everyone.
Unread 01-23-2008, 08:15 AM

I am thinking of you and all that you are going through. I am glad your mom can be there for you but I know its a very hard time.
Unread 01-23-2008, 08:18 AM

You are in my thoughts and prayers. My first day of driving was to drive my husband home from surgery...sometimes it just does not seem fair. Does your hometown have any kind of 'angel network'? I was lucky enough to have a friend be my 'point person' and she organized help for meals, driving and shopping during my immediate recovery. But our town has a network that does this type of thing for folks that don't have as extensive a network...it is all done on line for us, we sign up to help on a specific date and deliver a meal.
http://www.lotsahelpinghands.com is the home site...don't know if there is a group in your area. Folks also use the program to set up their own network so as not to have to be the coordinator and on the phone answering the 'let me know if I can help' question.
Peace and prayer
kpapc
Unread 01-23-2008, 08:27 AM
I am so sorry

I can not imagine what you and your family must be going through. I know this is nothing compaired to you, but during my surgery my daughter had spinal cord surgery around the same time.. MRI's and the whole deal and my son had surgery due to cancer.. lymphoma. The only advice that I can give from my own experience is try try try to catch some sleep.. even if it is only 15 minutes.. as a mother your not going to want to sleep "just in case" but your bound to get exhausted.. when that happens try not to fight it..
And remember that crying is a healthy way of coping.. do not stuff it away.

I hope you are able to find comfort and peace soon.. and eventually look back at this and smile knowing that it is over and you all are on the healthier side of life. My prayers are with you!!!!!!
Unread 01-23-2008, 10:40 AM

Thank you all so much for your love, support, and prayers. I will update everyone later this evening. Thank you for the suggestions and offers of help it really means a lot
I did go into my OB/GYN this morning to get my incision looked at and make sure all was well. I have some fluid retention above the incision, but the NP said that is normal I just have a little more than normal. She said she would tell me to take it a little easier, but knows my situation. Good news is my incision looks beautiful, and I am down 2 lbs since surgery. 20 lbs since Oct..

Sisters remember to pamper yourselves. I too will try
Unread 01-23-2008, 11:51 AM

Saying prayers for you and your dear family.

s

Sue

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register