My recovery is no longer about me :( (Child Mentioned) - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My recovery is no longer about me :( (Child Mentioned) My recovery is no longer about me :( (Child Mentioned)

Unread 01-25-2008, 07:16 AM
My recovery is no longer about me :( (Child Mentioned)

Luvmyabs....my prayers to you and your family that everything continues to move in the positive direction!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2008, 07:17 AM

These are great news! The Lord is faithful indeed!
Sending more prayers your way so many more good reports keep coming.
Have a bless day with or without estrogen
Unread 01-25-2008, 08:37 AM

I just called to check on him and he has his transfer orders to the peds floor! Yippy!!!!!! He had a good night. No headaches, and he slept well. Now he needs to have a BM lol. He would kill me for posting that here, but it has been over a week and he started eating well yesterday. I will use all the Hyster advice

carot27 I had the Depo shot when I was 18 or 19. They called me to let me know I needed another. I told them I would not give that shot to my dog! I had a headache, and bled for the 12 weeks, plus acne and who knows what else. If they offer it to me I will keep the flashes LOL. I have had a headache since surgery. I just have to remind myself that my Son has the real headaches. Very annoying though.

hiberbear I am pretty sure that the NP said stress brings them on more often. Also the amount of activity that I have been doing probably depleated the estrogen storage faster. When I was just sitting/laying all day I was only having night sweats occassionally.

Who would of thought watching someone else apply estrogen gel would be so funny and sad at the same time? I guess we always want what we can't have

Thank you again to my Sisters for your prayers and support. You all are the BEST!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2008, 11:22 PM

Glad to hear your son is doing a bit better!
Here's hoping he has a great BM!
I won't tell him you posted it here, lol!
Unread 01-26-2008, 01:29 AM

You are also in my thoughts and prayers for your whole family to heal. I am so happy for you that your son did not have to have another surgery. And I won't tell that you posted here either about the bm. I have a son who will be 15 and he would not like me posting about those things either lol.

Please keep us posted on how your whole family is doing.
Unread 01-26-2008, 08:50 PM

If I could send each one of you flowers I sure would. A big
to each and everyone that said a prayer, and gave support.

We came home last night. He is doing well. Slept a lot today, and I no longer have to threaten with warm prune juice Woo hoo for post op BMs.

Today I just relaxed. I am still in my jammies and I slept in till 10 am. Feels good to know he is home asleep in his own bed. I feel great except for the nagging dull ache in my forehead. I never got headaches until after my surgery. Called the GYN and his NP said it was probably from all the stress and I should call my GP. Hmmm if I didn't think it had to do with a lack of hormones I would give her a call. Guess I will talk to the Dr. about that.

Here is to all of our recoveries Cheers Sisters
Unread 01-26-2008, 08:54 PM

Thanks goodness he is home again where he belongs! Hopefully he just continues to get well.

I fully understand the headache and being pushed off to your GP. I'm having the same issue and have an appointment with my primary doc on Tuesday. I know she'll listen to me and help sort things out.

Keeping your family in my thoughts. Now try to get the rest YOU need to heal.
Unread 01-28-2008, 01:01 PM

I'M so sorry this is all happening to you and your family. I am thinking of you all and sending good thoughts your way. Remember to take care of yourself during this time as well. Life usually sends trouble in threes, that is at least my experiance. It WILL get better. Try to stick in there and know we are all here for you. Feel free to PM me anytime or just message us all on here. Take care we all care.
Unread 01-28-2008, 01:35 PM

>We came home last night. He is doing well. Slept a lot today, and I no longer have to threaten with warm prune juice Woo hoo for post op BMs.

PTL! And yes, prune juice is as scary as the boogeyman :-)
I pray that everything keeps going smooth for you, your DS, and the entire family.
Unread 01-28-2008, 01:57 PM

Thank you Sisters

He killed me this morning! He wants to go to school tomorrow for half the day. What the heck you have a half a head of hair, and 50+ stitches in your head. I guess that is a sign he feels good I guess he could tell them he saved his mom from a bear attack LOL. I am sure he is tired of me asking him if he has a headache. The answer is always "no mom"! Hope to keep it that way.
Thanks again for all the prayers and support. Each of you are in my prayers.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register