Dark Circles under eyes | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dark Circles under eyes Dark Circles under eyes

Unread 01-23-2008, 09:57 AM
Dark Circles under eyes

I had TAH/BSO November 19th. I had a very rough time with hormone imbalance and depression post op and was finally put on the Vivelle dot in early January. I now feel better than ever, but I look worse than I ever have. Since surgery my hair has been limp and oily, and my eyes have developed dark circles beneath them. I was hoping this was because of the hormone imbalance or just the shock of the surgery to my system, but nothing has changed. My hair and my eyes were my best qualities and now I'm just not bouncing back. Has anyone else had this happen and does anyone have any advice to offer?
I am starting back to work in February after an extended leave and am not feeling very confident about how I look. Any words of advice, recommendation of products that might help or anything you might have to offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

~Sharon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2008, 02:32 PM
Dark Circles under eyes

the same thing happened with me. i have been taking fish oil suplements for the past year,,not sure if that helped but my hair is allmost back to normal.i have been having trouble with insomnia so i think that is where my dark circles come from.when i keep up with moisturizing it isnt so noticeable. hope someone comes along for you with some answers.i know what you mean,,we can feel great but if we dont look like ourselves,,it can be depressing,,take care.
Unread 01-23-2008, 07:41 PM
Dark Circles under eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner
I had TAH/BSO November 19th. I had a very rough time with hormone imbalance and depression post op and was finally put on the Vivelle dot in early January. I now feel better than ever, but I look worse than I ever have. Since surgery my hair has been limp and oily, and my eyes have developed dark circles beneath them. I was hoping this was because of the hormone imbalance or just the shock of the surgery to my system, but nothing has changed. My hair and my eyes were my best qualities and now I'm just not bouncing back. Has anyone else had this happen and does anyone have any advice to offer?
I am starting back to work in February after an extended leave and am not feeling very confident about how I look. Any words of advice, recommendation of products that might help or anything you might have to offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

~Sharon
Hi Sharon,
I am sorry your appearance does not match how you feel.
I am having the same issue, in reverse...lol. I am looking better than I have in a long time, but feel awful! (I am 7 weeks post-op, and have another medical issue I have been dealing with since week 2 post-op...possibly more surgery on the horizon...)
Mum told me this morning that I am looking better than I have in ages, less drawn and haggard...lol...gotta love Mum's and their honesty. I know what she meant though; I looked dreadful. I had developed dark circles under my eyes, the few little lines I had, had increased and got deeper, etc. I was a wreck.
Normally, I try not to push products at people online, but as you said you would be interested in any product which might work; I would love to recommend Himalayan Goji Juice.
I bought a 1 litre bottle, less than two weeks ago, and myself, my husband and our two children have been having some each day. Since then, my circles and lines have diminished considerably; I have more energy; am sleeping better, and my skin, which was fairly oily, has improved dramatically. As to my hair...well, it is a reddy brown, and I have noticed the red in it is far more prevalent, and it shines like a new penny!
I am also a 'fluffy' sister, and have already lost 3 kg (6.6lbs)using it, as it is a natural appetite suppressant. (No chemicals involved.) My sister has also lost 2kg (4.4lbs)
LOL...my friends must be fed up with me waxing lyrical about the stuff; but I am so impressed with it. It is quite expensive, but worth every cent, in my opinion. Prefer to spend the money on that, than Dr's bill's / medication for all my ill's and ails, etc.
Other members of my family purchased it at the same time as me, and they have had similar experiences. My parents who both have high blood pressure, have noticed in the short time they have been taking it, that their blood pressure has come down into the normal range, which their medication was even having trouble doing!
I hope you start to look as good as you feel, very soon, whether you try the Goji juice, or something else.
Take care, Sis.

Snowflake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2008, 07:57 PM
Dark Circles under eyes

Hi Sharon - I had my TAH/BSO a couple of weeks after yours, and I also have dark circles under my eyes. I attribute mine to lack of sleep and trauma from having just had surgery. My doctor confirmed that this is normal - even to be expected. He also said that the three month mark seems to be the magic time frame... many of his patients come back three months after surgery with high energy and looking like they've had an extreme make-over.

Fingers crossed that we will have the same experience!
Unread 01-23-2008, 08:49 PM
Dark Circles under eyes

I am also in this club. I feel good but when I look in the mirror, WOW, I surprise myself. I am making sure that I take my supplements, drink plenty of water and use moisturizer daily.
Unread 01-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Dark Circles under eyes

I have the same issue plus a few more: dark circles (some night I sleep others I don't), oily hair and skin, acne and a 7 lb weight gain. I am not able to take HRT yet and I am counting the days.

I can't offer any advice as to why the dark circles have appeared. The oily skin and hair is okay because it really does help with the fact that I don't have any estrogen.

By the way, the best under eye coverup I have every used is by Mary Kay and it comes in a small tube. I have been using this faithfully...

Hope that helps...
Unread 01-25-2008, 07:16 AM
Dark Circles under eyes

Add me to the list, had my TAH/BSO on 12/6 and actually feel better than I look. Look like something out the Night of the Living Dead. My hair has lost all of its shine and body and the dark circles are just horrible. Went back to work last week and fellow co-workers said" Oh, you look . . . . . . . .good. How do you feel?" They didn't want to say anything bad, at least in front of me, who knows what was said behind my back. Oh, well, anyway, thank goodness for under eye concealer!
Unread 01-25-2008, 07:27 AM
Dark Circles under eyes

I hate to see that others are experiencing the same thing, but it's good to know I'm not alone. I got my hair cut yesterday and that helped a bit with the hair situation. My stylist suggests giving my body a bit more time to adjust to the hormones before spending money on different products etc. Hopefully, this is a temporary situation.
I have another appointment next week with my gyn before return to work, so I will see if there is some hope on the horizon. This seems so trivial in light of how far I've come. I've been to hell and back since surgery - I just don't want to look like it!
Unread 01-25-2008, 08:34 AM
Dark Circles under eyes

My hair is so dry and I notice a bit more on my brush then usual. Any suggested supplements or conditioners?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register