Painful ultrasound.. no more sex? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Painful ultrasound.. no more sex? Painful ultrasound.. no more sex?

Unread 01-23-2008, 08:39 PM
Painful ultrasound.. no more sex?

Hi ladies. I had my ultrasound this afternoon.. of course it was painful having to not use the bathroom.. my bladder felt bruised.. but what came next would send me to tears. The woman had me sign papers for a different type of pelvic ultrasound.. this one was a probe that gets inserted into the vagina. When she moved it around on the right side I only had discomfort.. when she went to the left I was in full blown pain. I cried and thought OMG when will this end. It really was hard to handle. Sex hurts.. it really does and so the ob cauterized and used silver nitrate to help.. about one week ago and obviously it did not help.. in fact the pain during that ultrasound seemed much worse than before. I have not been able to have sex in lord knows how long. My orgasms are even painful.. crampy like. Has this happened to any of you and did your orgasms get better over time? Does anyone have advice on how to handle that pain in the left area.. guessing where my scar tissue is.. I can not not have sex forever!
Thanks for any advice given...

Oh and by the way.. the tech could not really say much.. just that my right ovary was indeed still there.. Thank Goodness... and it was obvious that there was something on my left ovary and she measured it.. now I am just waiting for the test results to be sent to my doctor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2008, 08:55 PM

(((Yankeesfan)))
I have had the transvaginal ultrasound myself. I'm sorry this was so painful for you. My hope is that this is going to clearly show your dr what's going on so it can be fixed. If there is a cyst on the left ovary I know they can cause a lot of pain.
It's hard to have problems continuing on and on I know. Hopefully this will help give direction and a new path to getting you healed up and feeling better all the way around. Be sure to let us know when you hear from your dr. I'm glad to have seen this tonight. I have thought about you today.
's, Rita
Unread 01-23-2008, 09:01 PM

Thanks so much Rita..
I am doing much better tonight. I still read your post to my last post and it has been helping me .. really it has. I can not tell you how easier it has been on me since I shared those feelings and had such a deep felt response from you and others alike. I will try to be patient and wait for my results.. as soon as I know anything I promise to post.
have a great night!
Jen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2008, 09:53 PM

yankeesfan -

You have been more than patient. I hope this is the beginning of the end for you and that the ultrasound show what the problem is and they can fix it quickly. I empathize with you feeling discouraged. I'm glad this place exists where you can come for hugs and advice.

Let us know what your Dr says.

Hugs,

Starbgirl
Unread 01-24-2008, 06:34 AM

Thank you! I told my husband that I get lots of Hugs on this website and so I have to keep returning for more! : )
I am going to call the hospital today just to see if the radiologist has read the ultrasound yet and to see if it could be faxed to the OB today.. He has surgery tomorrow and I do not want to wait the weekend!
Wish me luck as I am sure it will annoy some people in the X-Ray department! I will post more as soon as I get the results!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register