How much should I expect to be doing by now? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How much should I expect to be doing by now? How much should I expect to be doing by now?

Unread 01-26-2008, 12:05 PM
How much should I expect to be doing by now?

Hey Becky

My bladder was nicked during suregery and the urologist who did the repair has his own timetable for such things. He wants it in until the 29th of January.

When they first told me, they said 2 weeks. So naturally, I was thinking January 25th. The day after I got home, his office called and said that my appointment was on January 29th. So, being the helpful patient that I am - I told the she had the wrong patient and that my appointment HAD to be on January 25th. I failed to convince her.

I'm ok with it (again) - it's just that yesterday was a little tramatic. My sense of humor has quickly returned and I am much better today. Thanks for asking because I know it seems strange to have a catheter this long.

Blessings on you ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2008, 12:10 PM

Hi,
I am almost 3 weeks post-op and I can not believe how much I still can not do and how tired I still get. I feel fine and then boom it hits me and I have to lie down and then I will be fine but as soon as I get out and about it hits again and I have to sit down or go home. I am suppose to go out tonight with my girlfriend (its her b-day) and we are gonna go see a band but I just don't know if I can. When it hits I'm done and we are not leaving till late and i just think that it will be too late for my body. Don't feel bad and don't do too much!! I one day about 2 weeks post-op went out for the day and literally had to sit in the middle of the walmart cause I was gonna pass out. I now know what the doctor meant by 6-10 weeks maybe even 12 for recovery. I am going on 3 and it amazes me how much I can not do. Take it easy that is what the doctor told me and the time goes by and it does get better I did try and work out on my step but could only do 10 minutes. Good luck all
Unread 01-26-2008, 12:21 PM

I have been dreaming of the prospect of being minus the catheter so that I can get out. I told my best friend that I all I wanted to do is go and walk around K-Mart.

I have to tell you, my emergency trip to the doctors late yesterday let me know that strolling the aisles of K-Mart will take some working up to.

Best wishes to all. Blessings on you ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2008, 02:39 PM
first outing!!!!

Well, hystersisters, I finally got to get out of the house for the first time since I came home from the hospital (TAH on Jan 9)...my grand excursion was to the drug store and after 15 minutes I was glad to go home for a snooze. It was the perfect first foray, I had my husband drive...not ready to focus on anything more even though I am cleared to drive at 2 weeks. The anemia really has slowed this princess down.
slow and steady is really the way to go, I am starting to putter around a little, ordered some pictures to scrapbook, but still have no drive to do much.
blessings to all!
Unread 01-26-2008, 03:27 PM

Thanks for all the great info. My dr. still doesn't want me to drive or doing anything it seems. I had a list of questions and when I pulled it out Friday he smiled and said let me prepare my answer. "No". Because of all I had done I am to rest and walk inside. I know it is for the best. Had a recheck on Friday for Lasik eye surgery. I can sure see alot better but I was wiped out last night.

I may have to start a new thead but does anyone after the catheter hurt to pee. Starting is a little painful but about half way it really starts to hurt in the bladder area. I go back to my dr on Tuesday so I will ask.
Unread 01-26-2008, 03:42 PM

(((Libby Lou)))
If this continues to hurt like this, please don't let it go until Tues. It might be a bladder infection and can spread to your kidneys. I would call whoever is on call or go to what ever same day care service you have there to be check out. Let us know how you do.
's, Rita

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register