How Do You Not Have A Pity Party? (Rant) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How Do You Not Have A Pity Party? (Rant) How Do You Not Have A Pity Party? (Rant)

Unread 01-27-2008, 09:05 AM
How Do You Not Have A Pity Party? (Rant)

txsurfangel - Does not sound like you ever gave yourself time to heal.
Keep pulling at the sore spot and it never heals.

Think of a bad cut on your arm. If you kept pulling at it, would it ever heal?? No. Leaving it alone is just that - not picking up things, not pulling things. Even getting up from chairs or beds has to be taken in a slow - easy fashion.

If your daughter is that selfish that she cannot understand how serious the surgery was, stay away from her. I'm sure you are picking that child up. Way too heavy.

If I understood correctly, she is in your house. I take it that she isn't married. No one to help her. So, of course, you tried.

Not sure what to think about your daughter. She needs to be responsible for her son, but if you feel that child is in danger without your help,
You poor thing, you must have your heart being ripped as well as your stiches!

Can't help but I can pray for you!

Carol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2008, 04:50 AM

lexdextex- Thank you. It was actually her house, but she is unmarried, with noone to help her because she has run off all her friends, so yeah, i tried to help her. She has a good job, & she works alot of hours, and i tried to respect that, but the disrespect was unimaginable- never did i believe it when others would tell me how she behaved. My fault. I tried to have faith in her to atleast be who i thought i had raised her to be, but was shocked,not only at her indifference to me, but to her son as well. I am fearful of him being left alone with her. I dont think she would intentionally hurt him, but thats part of the problem, its never intentional,right? Its more neglect with her,mental & emotional. I finally told her yesterday I wasnt coming back & she didnt flip out. She doesnt understand how i can still be in so much pain, oh well, life. But you ate right-i just need to heal. If nothing else comes of this, my husband & I are back together-what a blessing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thank you for your time and concern.
Unread 01-28-2008, 05:15 AM

Great to hear that you have cut her off - this may force her to accept her bed she made.

Yes, the fear of that innocent child being hurt - unintentionally or not - that is the only thing I would worry about for now.
If she is still going out to have fun, let's hope she at least gets responsible babysitters.

Praying for that baby and that you finally rest and stop stretching and lifting for long enough to heal!

She doesn't understand how you can still be in pain - the only thing you can blame that on is a lack of empathy for others and maybe even more so for you.
You have probably always done everything you have been asked to do, even when in pain. Why should this stop you?

Stay strong for your own sake! Keep resting and heal those wounds.

HUGS and PRAYERS!

Carol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2008, 05:34 AM

Thank you so much. You are right, all of her life I have always been supermom, & have never told her no-meaning i have always done any & everything in my powers to help her. My hus. has said the same thing many times about her lack of feeling-its just hard to accept. Iguess we have reached the stage of letting go-its time for me to take care of me-Ive never had to do that. What ever life has to throw at me I just keep on trucking- I guess we just jack-knifed. God knows what He's doing. I am a child of God. Everything has a purpose. Im just glad this happened now instead of later.
Unread 01-28-2008, 05:58 AM

Mom's have the worst time seeing what's wrong with our children.
It is for survival of the child.

Now that she is grown, you have to begin to pull back so she can make her own mistakes, her own life and take responsibility for her own decisions.

Someday something will happen - that will have her look back on how she acted during this and feel sorry for her actions.
In the meantime, just pray for her and yourself to make it through this as best you can.

Everything does happen for a reason - this may be so you can pull back and let her take charge of her own life. Never know!

this may make her a stronger person and a nicer one!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register