Need some help with vulva vestibulitis - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Need some help with vulva vestibulitis Need some help with vulva vestibulitis

Unread 02-05-2008, 11:20 AM
Re: Need some help with vulva vestibulitis

I am in such agony at work. I bought a new donut pillow which seems ok, but I wear jeans and the pain is so bad right now. I don't know what to wear to work. Since I sit down all day at a computer, I never have worn anything but jeans or khaki pants. Any suggestions? The constant pulling on my jeans to get a comfortable sitting position is starting to wear on me. By the end of the work day, I am in a lot of pain and so stressed all I can do is go home and get on the couch. I am looking into acupuncture and seeing a doctor this week to help me not think about my pain so much. That ought to be interesting. I don't know how anyone that is in pain 24/7 can not think about the pain. But at this point I am willing to do anything. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2008, 12:11 PM
Need some help with vulva vestibulitis

I would not wear Jeans for a month, at least. I don't know what kind of job you have or the dress code. Can you wear velour track suits like Juicy to work?
Unread 02-05-2008, 12:27 PM
RE:Need some help with vulva vestibulitis

We can wear anything that is decent in a workplace setting. I don't work with the public, so wearing jeans was always more comfortable. I was thinking about some type of sweat pant suits. I haven't heard of juicy? I might look into trying different types of clothes until(if ever) this thing heals. I just strongly feel that as long as I sit everyday, the pain will never subside. I do get up to walk around but nothing seems to ease the pain as getting home and laying on the couch. I am hoping with the help of this relaxation doctor, maybe I can start feeling some relief. I keep reading on websites that women are with this problem for years. I am praying that I will not be one of them. thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2008, 06:20 AM
Re:Need some help with vulva vestibulitis

I am getting very frustrated and angry about this situation now. I keep trying everything the many doctors I am seeing are telling me to do. My poor vagina looks like something out of a horror movie. I am so inflammed and sore and all I can do is cry. The latest is putting hydrocortisone cream to ease the swelling and pain. It seems like it has made it more red. I am taking neurontin and elavil. The only good thing I have noticed, is that my hot flashes have eased up a lot since I went back on the vivelle dot patch and vagifem. I am about ready to call my doctor and tell her she has to do something. I want my life back before my surgery. I should be enjoying not in constant pain and tears. I want to see my grandaughter for her first b-day in texas, but at this point I feel unable to do that. Why has this happened? I just don't understand. Thanks.
Unread 02-07-2008, 07:57 AM

I have a suggestion, please go see a female dermo, they deal with skin issues even with your vagina. This may be a skin issue your gyno is missing. Also, have you taken any diflucan for yeast?
Unread 02-07-2008, 08:13 AM

Yes I am taking diflucan. Just 2 doses so far 4 days apart. Last week my woman gyn said I had bacterial infection and to take flagyl for week. I am on my last dose today. I have a call into her to see what next. I doesn't look like it's cleared up yet. I just made a appointment with a woman dermo for tomorrow. At this point I am willing to see anyone who may get this cleared up for me. I also have a call into someone that does acupuncture. I am wearing a nice pair of sweat pants today. I bought a softer larger donut pillow, so right now it doesn't feel to bad. I'll let you know how the dermo goes. Thanks for the advice.
Unread 02-07-2008, 02:33 PM

Please ask your gyno doctor about ESTRASORB lotion. It is an estrogen lotion you can apply externally to the vulva. I think it would provide you a lot of comfort and "calm" the area. Let me know what the doctor says.
Unread 02-12-2008, 07:14 AM

Hello,
I went again to another doctor. This woman gyn who seems to know a little more about this, said I could use pelvic therapy. I need to increase my medications neurontin and elavil. Pain medications she said I need to stop taking because they really don't help and it will be hard to keep getting refills from doctors. I told her that sitting all day just makes it so hard not to take them. I need to quit wearing jeans to work. I am getting sweat pants and just regular dress slacks to see how that works out. She said to keep using the lidocaine to help with the pain and to use before sex. I said what's that!! In her opinion this is a very hard disorder to treat. My husband keeps telling me that this was a result of my hysterectomy and I am still in the healing process. I want to believe him, but from everything I have been reading online, I am stuck with this and it will not go away. I can manage it hopefully with the meds, but I am so upset about getting this. I had my surgery to rid myself of female problems. This is so much worse than before my surgery. I would never had this if I even suspected this would happen to me. I feel like I got a raw deal. I just pray that all of the medicine and soon therapy will at least let me get some of my life back. Thanks.
Unread 02-18-2008, 04:33 PM

I have pm'd you some info that was sent to me by a very wonderful NP that I use to see. She sends emails weekly on different things. It just so happens she addressed your issue this week. I sure hope it offers some info you haven't got yet.
Unread 03-12-2008, 11:07 AM

I am happy to say that after 1month not wearing blue jeans, my pain has almost stopped. I am not inflammed as I once was. The medications neurontin and elavil along with my vagifem and vivelle dot patch have all started working. I no longer take pain medications and can work a whole day without crying and being in pain. I never thought this day would ever happen. I am sleeping better and can have my husband back in bed without stressing over the pain. We have started having sex again, and it doesn't hurt like it once did. I am almost at the 5month mark. My husband keeps telling me that he heard it can take 6-8mths to get to feeling better. I hope he is right. I feel like it might happen for me. My doctor told me to quit wearing blue jeans for at least 6mths. So maybe there is hope after all. Hope everyone is feeling better. Thanks.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register