6 months post-op with problems | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 months post-op with problems 6 months post-op with problems

Unread 01-23-2008, 03:36 AM
6 months post op

Hello and just to say its 6 months since I HAD MY tah IN THE USA WHILST ON HOLS!!
I FLEW HOME 3 WEEKS AFTER MY SURGERY ( agonising as had 3 flites!) AND NOTHING GOING RIGHT FOR ME, I HAVE UNDER ACTIVE THYROID, DIABETES, AND PILED ON LOADS OF WEIGHT!! we dont have 6 month check ups over here I had to fight my gp to get to c a surgeon in local hospital for 6 week check which i only just had!! I have been put on HRT, but I dont see any difference, still having hot cold flushes and backpain, but it's the extra weight I cant cope with, not eating any more than usual less actually!!
Would love any advice please. and like to say thankyou to all for help whilst in USA..xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2008, 06:50 PM
Extra weight

I guess I am not alone with the extra weight problem. I won't say it's good to hear I am not alone because it's not. I went to my cardiologist yesterday for the anual blood pressure check and it was way up, it had been good because I lost 40 lbs 2 years ago and this past year between the breast cancer (best case scenerio in situ) and the Hysterectomy I have not been working out. He believes the blood pressure problem is due to the extra weight and the stress from this year and told me excersise is the best remedy. So I am headed to the treadmill as soon as I submit this post. I too have not change my eating habits, but with all the bleeding before the surgery I stopped working out and well maybe a little more chocolate than usual helped pack it on. Good luck with the weight, eat healthy and lot's of cardio work outs.
Unread 01-24-2008, 02:20 AM
Thankyou

Hi and thankyou for your advice..the thing is I had a stroke before my surgery so I am unable to do much exercise!! My GP is no help!! the hospital checked me once then signed me off! really at my wits end over here...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2008, 07:08 AM
6 months post-op with problems

Thornley1 - Could you go for short walks and I mean like a block at a time or ride a stationery bike for 5 minutes at a time. I am dealing with major back/leg pain issues so do not exercise but I need to do something so I can do 5 minutes on a bike which I know is not much but it is a start and better than nothing. I have been told by many that weight watchers is really great and that people have lost weight on it without exercising. I am diabetic and I am trying to lose weight. I have lost around 12 pounds but have a long way to go (want to lose another 50).

Good luck to everyone dealing with issues right now. I will be a year in a couple of weeks and I also cannot believe I still don't get my periods any more lol.
Unread 01-24-2008, 07:47 AM

Hello Poco it is good to hear you on the boards again. I know that you are suffering pain issues and face surgery soon. Hello Thornley we pmd when you were recovering from your hyst last year. I'm sorry that you still have hyst related problems too. I am suffering pain issues and have taken today off work so I can rest. I have been suffering period type cramps. They were severe enough for me to take time out with a heated pad and pain killers. I have had this pain before after my hyst I've been to the doctor today who did a urine test and I haven't a UTI. I also have pain high up in my bowel. She tried to examine me but it was too painful. The doctor not my own GP gave me suppositories. It could be hemorroids (piles) or an anal fissure as I have had that before and needed surgery to correct it. The problem with hystersisters is that once you get past six months to a year our problems become 'the road less travelled'. I'm not sure whether my problems are chronic or what the pain is related to. At the moment I'm not sure what the cramps are all about. They could be due to adhesions. If the pain is due to adhesions then the pain in my bowel could be due to that too. It could be due simply to piles which cause a lot of pain but I recognise that high up bowel pain as the same as when I had a fissure. Fortunately we have private health insurance so if these problems get worse then I can go back to the gyn who performed my hyster surgery. He may want to do an exploratory laparoscopy.I just feel that I cant face it all at the moment. The general surgeon who performed the fissure surgery fifteen years ago would be able to tell me if it has returned or not. Sorry this post has been so long but I'm hurting at the moment physically and emotionally. Thankyou to hystersisters for supporting me over the past year.
Unread 01-25-2008, 05:01 AM

Hi thankyou I will be walking along the beach as soon as the weather breaks, and I do have a bike which I will be trying out too, just too wet and cold here at mo to do anything ... so stay at home and do gentle housework etc!! Plus driving again doesnt help I spose. I just feel so frumpy as put on 52lbs!! wasnt this big pregnant!! haha..
Unread 01-25-2008, 05:06 AM

Hi sorry to hear you dont feel so good, I have suffered from piles since my first born and they are painfull on times, I use Bepanthen baby nappy rash cream found it better than anusol!!! My cramps so my gp tells me are from the gas they filled me with for surgery! and have to be patient!! grr they annoy me sometimes haha. I hope that you feel better real soon and my thoughts are with you. Take care and lots of hugs to you.
Unread 01-25-2008, 10:05 AM

thornley, I am sorry you are dealing with health care issues. You mentioned you were put on HRT. If you have questions regarding HRT issues there is a great forum on this site related only to that. Also, I have unfortunately gained quite a bit of weight myself. I went up 4 pant sizes already. You mentioned your thyroid is under active, have they given you any meds for that? It sounds as if you may need to find a new doctor. I hope you find relief soon. Please let us know how you are feeling. Sending prayers your way.
Janelle
Unread 01-26-2008, 12:27 AM

Hi I have been put on Thyroxine and my HRT is Hormonin I was on premerin in USA but my gp over here doesnt like it!! so was changed over. Glad to hear I am not alone with weight gain, it really is annoying as had to buy all new clothes, but I guess there are people worse off than me so who am I to complain?! Thankyou Janelle for your kind thoughts and advice, my thoughts are with you too.
Gayn
Unread 01-26-2008, 01:58 PM

Thornley do you still have problems with your mobility? This must have been a double whammy as well as an unexpected hyst? As the other sisters have said weight watchers works well I am on it but never undergo a weight reduction programme without consulting your GP. Oh and by the way I am feeling better today.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register