Problem with constipation - any suggestions? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Problem with constipation - any suggestions? Problem with constipation - any suggestions?

Unread 01-26-2008, 09:43 PM
Problem with constipation - any suggestions?

Hi,
I have not had any constipation until today and OUCH!!! I was out running errands and I really shouldn't be but my son needs pants for gym class. I literally had to leave the store with all the stuff in the cart. I just can't do it right now anyway I had read post about stool softener's but I just couldn't go back out tonight. I was in pain and I knew i had to go (OOP"S) anyway I drank some coffee (just a small cup) and 30minute later wahla spelling not sure LOL it was fabulous!! still hurt but I feel much better now good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2008, 09:32 AM
stool softener worked for me

I am 3 1/2 months out from last surgery and about three weeks ago I suddenly became constipated.

I tried a laxative and it worked but stool was still hard. Last night I took a stool softener and it worked perfectly.
Unread 01-31-2008, 09:08 AM

This has been the worst problem for me pre-op. My surgery was on Jan 22 and I ended up in the ER with an impaction. i cannot tell you how horrendous that was. I have been instructed to drink 8 oz grape juice every hour and lots of water, eat a couple of apples a day, take stool softeners, and I added Miralax to the mix. I've had some success, but I'm not where I want to be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2008, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrolle
Hello to all! I had a TAH on January the 11th. Im 29 and had endometriosisis. I have a real problem with the bathroom. I cant do number 2. Is that normal? I feel like I want to but I'M SCARED. A couple of days after my TAH I drank zenocot and the effect was very bad. Can somebody give me some advice?
I had trouble going and had to use a glycerin enema(sp) anyway, once it got moving then the stool softeners kinda took over from there. I tried everything to try to go also, but after 6 days it was time! Good luck and remember to drink lots of WATER!
Unread 01-31-2008, 11:56 AM

A big bowl of a Raisin Bran a day keeps the constipation AWAY!!! I promise!
Good luck!
~Jenn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register