Help me answer some of the most insane questions I am being asked? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help me answer some of the most insane questions I am being asked? Help me answer some of the most insane questions I am being asked?

Unread 01-27-2008, 07:44 AM
How to handle young children and their fears once home

Feeling better today, thanks for the advise. "Help me answer some of the most insane questions I am being asked" What a difference a good nite sleep can make, 2 days home and only got up 3 times rather than every hour - boy those night sweats are coming on strong.
Question for today, my 6 yr old dd who was prepared for mommy to go for surgery, has seen the staples since home (twice as she asked again to see) (TAH - endo /ando/ adhesons bowel and bladder) has been avoiding me, scared to hurt me I anticipate - how can I help her feel better about mommy not being able to do the normal things?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2008, 09:45 AM
Help me answer some of the most insane questions I am being asked?

I am so glad to see you are feeling better today. As for yoru dd, my Dad made a game out of it with his young grandchildren. Dad had numerous abdominal surgeries and had staples, stitches and scars galore. He used to have the kids trace his scar or suture line, gently, with their fingers and then describe it to him. He also would just talk to them about Grandpa having a boo-boo on his belly but he will get better and be able to play on the floor again. And would have them sit next to him on the couch instead of on his lap. I hope your dd starts feeling more comfortable about your staples soon.
Unread 02-01-2008, 09:07 PM

hi--you are not a baby--mine was almost a year ago/totally removed everything though the adm --got a cold in dec and tought my stomach was going to ripp open--so take your time and relax--turn off the phones and just enjoy the tv
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2008, 12:04 AM

a co worker of mine told me i should have gone back to florida with my mother who was here for me during the 1st week post op. she said i would be a good vacation for me! It is an eight hour trip down there- I dont think so!~~ some people just dont think about what there saying.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register