So Disappointed(Updated) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So Disappointed(Updated) So Disappointed(Updated)

Unread 01-26-2008, 08:43 PM
So Disappointed(Updated)

I had my hysterectomy on 11/30/07 after battling endo, ademyosis, and fibroids for 24 years (I am 35). I had an emergency surgery in May of 06 due to a ruptured ovarian cyst. So when I had the hysterectomy I was determined to keep this last ovary unless it was in bad shape when he opened me up. I had been prone to cysts on that one as well.

The day of the surgery, it looked good and he left it. I am now 8 weeks post op and have been in and out of his office for pain beyond post op pain. An ultrasound shows another cyst that is already at least one inch! So fast..... We are using a wait and see approach and I will have another ultrasound next month.

I am just so disappointed and feel like when does all the gyno issues end? Am I going to have to have separate surgeries and remove piece by piece? I was actually excited by the prospect of being pain free for the first time in 24 years after the hyst!

I feel so weepy just thinking about it. I'm sure that probably has to do w/ my hormones being a bit thrown between the surgery and the cyst.

I really had hoped to keep this ovary, but it's not looking too positive, even doc agreed. I do not want to be on HRT for so long, but at my age it is an absolute.

Sorry to keep going. Thanks for letting me weep over this here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2008, 09:53 PM
So Disappointed(Updated)

I don't know if I can be much help...I had my TAH on December 5th. and was able to keep my ovaries,but I wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers. I can only imagine how I would feel about a second surgery so soon.I am sure there will be others on here that can give you more advice..but you can continue to weep and vent all you want...that is what the ladies on here are for.God bless you and I am sending you hugs and prayers.
Faith
Unread 01-26-2008, 10:57 PM
So Disappointed(Updated)

I am so sorry that you are having to go through all of this and for so long. My prayers and thoughts are with you. I too suffered from ovarian cysts, but only for 12 yrs. It sucks knowing that I will have to try and work out my hormones at some point when I am allowed due to the endo. I just turned 34 so I can somewhat feel what you are going through. Neither of my ovaries looked good to my Dr. so he took them both. I think I feared waking up with one of them more than I did them being gone. I never wanted another cyst again.

Best Wishes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2008, 10:31 AM
So Disappointed(Updated)

Thank you both for your replies. I am so grateful for the support here. I know it was worth the try to save my last ovary, so I will have no regrets on that end, even if it means more surgery. Just feeling a bit disillusioned with the whole pain thing I guess.
Unread 02-12-2008, 04:41 AM
So Disappointed(Updated)

Well, update is....

More surgery. The last ovary is going. Two reasons:

1 I am suceptable to these cysts and they keep coming back
2 He thinks the ovary is creating more endo

Not sure when the surgery will be, but kinda soon. He wants one more ultrasound and a consult on HRT first.

Thank you for your kind words of support. Hopefully this surgery will create the pain free living I have been seeking.
Unread 02-12-2008, 08:03 AM
So Disappointed(Updated)

I am sorry you are having to go through this again.I will be praying for you and hopefully you will be feeling better soon.God bless you.
Faith
Unread 02-12-2008, 08:14 AM
So Disappointed(Updated)

I am going through the EXACT same thing you are. I have a u/s on 2/29 to see if I can keep my right ovary. It has grown a grapefruit sized cyst since my surgery that actually had hospitalized me over new years. You can read my story in my journal if you want. I am a little younger then you but thought you would like to know that you are not the only one.
I am tempted to make a deal with the doc. Remove the cyst and if anything comes back then you can take the ovary but I doubt she will let that fly. She does not like the idea of havinng to open me up so much...
Unread 02-12-2008, 08:21 AM
So Disappointed(Updated)

Jskell,

I can totally empathize. It was so important to me to keep my ovaries. I made it throught my TVH with them and I even found out via blood tests that they were working perfectly. This past week I got really sick and had to have emergency surgery for an abcess that had formed and I lost them both. I was devastated when they told me and I am still so sad about it now. I need to start looking in to HRT and getting myself educated. I feel like having that control will help me to feel better.

I think your feelings of dissapointment and sadness are normal.

Good Luck to you and sending big hugs,

Starbgirl
Unread 02-12-2008, 08:25 AM
So Disappointed(Updated)

I hear ya! I had ovarian cancer and still wanted to keep ovaries (I'm 33). Well ended up with a hyst. on 1/7/08. I know the disappointment you feel, hoping that every surgery will make you feel better. Even when you do feel better, there are CT scans and MRIs and PET scans there to ruin everything.

I don't know what to tell you but I understand.
Unread 02-12-2008, 09:55 AM
So Disappointed(Updated)

(((jskell911)))
I'm so sorry to hear you're going to have another surgery. I wanted to encourage you to check out the Ovaries Only forum for support with any pre op and post op questions. There are a lot of members there who have and are going through this same experience.

You might also want to do some reading in the Endometriosis Support forum. You have some special needs dealing with the endo. I know the ladies there will be a lot of help to you. Please keep us updated. I hope everything goes smoothly for you.
's, Rita

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register