Weight | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-26-2008, 08:52 PM
Weight

Ok so how in the world do you lose weight after a hysterectomy? I should have dieted before, because I am feeling like a blimp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2008, 09:09 PM
Weight

Funny, I'm 8 weeks post op and just told DH last night that I look like I am 5 mos pregnant! Uggghhhh. Not that my tummy was flat before but well it's certainly worse now. I guess only time will tell.
Unread 01-26-2008, 09:12 PM
Weight

I am right there with you. Honestly, when I did the bowel prep the day before and lost 5 pounds in one day...I was like heck yeah! By the time I recover, I will be a hotty! Well...Not exactly.

By the time I got home from the hospital (just one day later) I was actually 9 pounds heavier than when I went in! So that is 4 pounds heavier than my weight before the bowel prep (my normal weight). Hopefully that is not too confusing.

Ok, so now the swelly belly seems to have gone down and I did manage to lose 2 pounds (water weight I am sure). But my jeans and a lot of my clothes just do not fit right...

I actually had to break down and buy a quite large size of jeans the other day just to have a choice other than sweats. I used to wear an 8/10 but I ended up buying a 14! How does just a few pounds equate to that big of a jump in size? I just do not get it.

So, sorry...I have no solution right now. I am in the same boat. Hopefully someone will come along with some outstanding ideas, other than doing the magnesium citrate diet! haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2008, 09:23 PM
Weight

Hi all,
This was always a worry to me too, I had heard from many of my friends or friends or friends who had hysterectomy's and they all said they lost wt but I was concerned. I am almost 3 weeks post-op and although my stomach does look swollen and I can't really see my old c-section scar I was cut up the stomach. I have lost 13lbs since surgery. I hope you all lose too. I will keep you posted on my progress but I can say that now that I have lost 13lbs I am extremely motivated and asked for a gym membership to my best friends gym for my upcoming b-day eek........ 43 is coming around the corner. If I lose another 13lbs I will weigh less then i did when I met my second husband and less then I did when I go divorced from my first and that would be a lovely 130. Go Girl go
Unread 01-26-2008, 09:28 PM
Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondraider
Hi all,
This was always a worry to me too, I had heard from many of my friends or friends or friends who had hysterectomy's and they all said they lost wt but I was concerned. I am almost 3 weeks post-op and although my stomach does look swollen and I can't really see my old c-section scar I was cut up the stomach. I have lost 13lbs since surgery. I hope you all lose too. I will keep you posted on my progress but I can say that now that I have lost 13lbs I am extremely motivated and asked for a gym membership to my best friends gym for my upcoming b-day eek........ 43 is coming around the corner. If I lose another 13lbs I will weigh less then i did when I met my second husband and less then I did when I go divorced from my first and that would be a lovely 130. Go Girl go
Okay, spill it! How did you lose 13 pounds?
Unread 01-26-2008, 09:45 PM
Weight

Yeah, I would like to know how blondraider lost the weight. I would be happy to be 10-15 pounds less. I could stop at that...... I bet she's not eating all the baked goods LOL.... make people bring healthier food.

I know the 3 snicker doodles I had tonight don't help...... I have drank 3 12 oz cups of water in the last hour to keep myself from going to the kitchen for food. Why do I want it so bad?
Unread 01-26-2008, 09:53 PM
Weight

Hey ladies you are all so funny!! God I love this place I lost most right after surgery and I guess that sort of put me back in the healthy thinking mode. I do not eat after 8pm regardless of if I have eaten much and I am back to healthy salads and soup there are many of the progresso soups that only have 100 calories a serving (soup is very filling) I also noticed that soda of any kind even diet taste funny to me now (maybe it was the meds I am not sure) but have started to drink the flavored seltzer waters religiously. Walmart have some tasty ones. I am being really careful not to eat the pies and cookies and sweet stuff. my husband bought me these baskin robbins candies that are sugar free for when I was in the hospital and so when i think Cheeto's or cookies i suck on one of them. I am actually just going back to the way I was before I had my daughter at 40 that all. I had heard from many women prior and they all said that they ended up losing around 10-25 lbs after and kept it off so I am now determined too good luck all of you keep me posted.
Unread 01-26-2008, 09:53 PM
Weight

I feel like I am not overeating but I am always hungry post-op. I do not eat big meals like I did before but I graze all day. I feel the need to eat all the time. I do try to make better choices but sometimes oreos are just too much better than grapes...haha

I know that a lot of it is just being a lot less active but I was not on a regular exercise program before...so the inactivity should not make that big of a difference. I will talk to my doctor on Tuesday to see what I can do.
Unread 01-26-2008, 09:57 PM
Weight

Okay Nikki! You and me girl. We are going to do this. We are going to being on the good statistics side. We are going to be the hotties we deserve to be! Monday is the day. Let's hit the grocery store and get some nutrious choices and keep in touch.

Woo Hoo! I am motivated!
Unread 01-26-2008, 10:00 PM
Weight

I was laughing at myself earlier today, when I saw there were slimfast shakes left in the fridge from the liquid diet I did pre-op. I was thinking man I should drink those for breakfast and lunch....... and grabbed another cookie. HA!

Maybe tomorrow

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register