Weight - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-03-2008, 06:21 PM
weight gain?

[
I also lost weight after my hysterectomy. I had ovaries also removed. I lost 20 pounds. I know that the ball started rolling at first because I did not have an appetite and was so down and depressed. I hope to keep that weight off. I went from an almost 20 size to a 16 and almost 14 slacks. I am trying to stay away from too many sweets and pasta.

I hope all of you can lose weight too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2008, 09:27 PM
Weight

I have been able to lose around 52lbs since my hysterectomy last september. At first it started out with not having any kind of an appetite, but then when people started complementing me on how good I was looking it became a lifestyle. Now I stay completely away from sweets, drink my 10 glasses of water a day, eat salads and other healthy foods and completely cut cokes out of the equation. My doctor told me that cokes actually make you reatin water which makes you gain wieght so if you just cut them out you'll begin loosing that water weight and some extra, because cokes whether diet or not still contain alot of fat and calories in them. Trust me its true, when I did it I lost almost 10 pounds in one week!! Good luck with it all and God Bless.
Unread 02-04-2008, 05:29 AM
don't sweat it

Hi all I have great news I have lost fifteen pounds since surgery. I guess I have hit a stand still but you just don't know how good I feel. I was seventy pounds overweight and feeling down but now I feel like there is some hope. I watch my portions and don't eat after eight pm. I have also strated listening to my body I stop eating when I feel full. I have had a problem with heavy portions after surgery and now almost four weeks later my appetite has returned but I don't eat no where near as much as I did before surgery. THERE IS HOPE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2008, 07:35 AM
Weight

I know where all the weight you gals are losing has gone---- right on my fat back side, thighs, arms, etc. I am heavier than I have ever been in my life including three pregnancies. I lost 35 pounds on Atkins when the doctor told me I needed the surgery but then I lost my brother to cancer and found my best friend chocolate consoled me in my grief for the last five months and I am back to where I started with about 10 extra buddies for those 35. I know it is poor eating and right now the inability to do my exercise classes so starting today I am going to walk, walk, walk, the only real exercise that I am allowed. I hate mindless walking.

Kay.
Unread 02-04-2008, 07:42 AM
Weight

Hey Downyocean
How about walking with an ipod or other such system. I have a friend that downloads books and does some of her best 'reading' while she is walking. Our library also has a loaner program for books on tape...the old fashion technology.
I personally love the quiet or the conversation with a friend.
Hope you are feeling better.
Unread 02-04-2008, 07:51 AM
Weight

I used to walk 2 miles a day didn't matter what the weather, that would be about the first thing I did in the morning.....

I found the quite nice as I had time to think without interruption....Walking is good for the body and the soul....
Unread 02-04-2008, 11:12 AM
Weight

Well Ladies we all seem to be on the same page, bored, hungrey and wanting to lose weight. Since I have been down the DH has been doing all the cooking, and he makes just enough for a serving for each person, and the whole family has lost weight LOL. I always make extra in case of company or for the DH to take as lunch the next day. But not now, he cooks just enough and makes healthy choices. If I get a treat I get a pop tart or Jello, but since the surgery (right after) I lost 13 pounds. The family says they can see that I look thinner, but I have the swelly belly syndrome, so I don't look svelt at all LOL. But I figure patience will pay off if I just try not to do the bored eating thing.
Hang in there the swelly belly thing makes you feel bigger.
Unread 02-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Weight

I came home from the hospital 2 lbs heavier but expected that. By two weeks post op I was down 5 pounds. I figured this was swelling and actual weight of my 2.5 X normal size uterus and ovary BUT now at 3 1/2 weeks post op I am back up 5 pounds again. I am so frustrated. I tried putting on my dressy clothes for church this weekend and cried. Nothing fit right and I ended up wearing my black dress pants with the button undone and tucked in so it wouldn't show. I have been having HORRIBLE sweet cravings and I had gastric bypass 2 1/2 years ago and lost 130+ lbs. I do not want to go back down that road which is one of the reasons why I put off the hyster so long. Does it get better - the overeating - once you are feeling back to yourself and can exercise?

I don't want to undo all the hard work I have done over the past 3 years:-)
Unread 02-04-2008, 12:26 PM
Weight

Hi everyone,
I am now down 17lbs and people are starting to notice which of course just motivates me more. If I lost 7 more lbs I will weigh what I did when I met my now husband and less then when I got divorced from my 1st husband I am just doing what I use to do in the past, Not eating after 8pm no matter what and I am using my tread mill and my step 3-4 times a week and I always pretty much ate healthy but I actually had lost this much after my daughter was born and I went on Atkins but the thing I noticed about Atkins is once you lose it and gain it back it is very hard to lose again so now I am just working out as much as I can and eating the way I always did. If I want some chips I eat a handful and then I am o.k. instead of not and then wanting them all day. I have never been much of a sweet eater my problem is salty and sour but I am just being really careful like I use to when i was younger and it is working good luck all. I am wondering if my belly isn't as swollen because I got cut up it instead of across? I have a little swelling but nothing like the post I have been reading, maybe that is why? I could not have a bikini cut because of my previous c-sections, they were all bikini cuts and the doctor said there would not be enough skin to pull up from the pelvic area (I had 3 c-sections) of course now my bikini days are over even thought i might have the body for it now I got cut up my stomach to the left of my belly button about an 8" incision oh well. good luck everyone and congrats.
Unread 02-05-2008, 01:37 PM
Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by downyocean
I know where all the weight you gals are losing has gone---- right on my fat back side, thighs, arms, etc. I am heavier than I have ever been in my life
Kay.

I am with ya Kay. I am mindlessly eating. Seems as though I can't get enough. I just looked in the mirror and my face even looks larger.. I have not gained any weight, but that was the last straw. Starting tomorrow, I am not going to eat as much. Maybe I will go for a walk.....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register