10 days post op on ERT and feel like I am CRAZY | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

10 days post op on ERT and feel like I am CRAZY 10 days post op on ERT and feel like I am CRAZY

Unread 01-27-2008, 12:39 AM
Unhappy - 10 days post op on ERT and feel like I am CRAZY 10 days post op on ERT and feel like I am CRAZY

Hi all, hoping someone else out there can help me before I go off the deep end! I am 33 yrs old had a TAH in dec 02, one ovary removed in 2006 and last one out 10 days ago. I was prescribed .3mg of premarin and have decided today to up it to .6 cause I feel out of control mentally. I feel like my body is screaming inside and completely out of control. I can be an emotional mess one second and literaly the next second be totally rational. At time I wonder if I should check myself into the psych ward for help, i feel like crying and a awefull feeling in the pit of my stomach. I am worried that this will never get any better. has anyone else had these feelings, and what helped? I can't eat I have lost 20lbs, no hot flashes or night sweats, just sometimes a little warm in the face...nothing major, but emotionally a huge mess. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2008, 12:07 PM
10 days post op on ERT and feel like I am CRAZY

You are still very early post op. It can take some time for your body to adjust to the ERT and recover from surgery. Unfortunately for some of us, this can be a time of hormonal upheaval. That said, things can get better! They did for me, but it did take time and patience. Give yourself some time.
Unread 01-27-2008, 05:50 PM

Hi!
I'm so sorry you are having such problems.

I'm on the Vivelle dot and don't have any knowledge of premarin but I know your hormones can throw you until they are properly adjusted.

I'm sure the ladies will have good advice but just wanted you to know it took me awhile before things settled down and I did had to up my dosage.

Why not call your doc and tell her/him what is going on?

Lizzy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2008, 06:02 PM

I have not experienced what you are going through and I am sorry that you are going through this. I am only on Climara and not familiar with Premarin. You describe what my sister has gone through and it sounds like panic attacks. You need to talk to your doctor. Did you up the prescription dosage yourself. Please contact Doc ASAP. Good Luck and God Bless.
Unread 01-27-2008, 06:17 PM

I can totally relate. I am doing the bioidentical hormones and I tell you its been a crazy ride these last 5 1/2 months trying to get balanced. I have been an emotional reck at times. I don't know what I would have done w/o my wonderful husband, my family and this site. Its has gotten better but I found out thru a saliva test I was low on all my hormones. Estrogen, Progesterone, DHEA, Testosterone and Cortisol. I was a mess. I don't think that regular Gyn doctors test for this but I was not getting balanced and just not feeling well at all so my wellness dr. had me do a saliva test. I've only been on all these other hormones for 10 days but I do think I am getting better. Hang on and stay in tune with your body and if the dr. you have won't help you then find someone else! Your quality of life depends on it! If we don't fight for ourselves no one else will.
Unread 01-27-2008, 06:34 PM

I too lost lots of weight after my surgery. I had no hot flashes but had panic attacks starting about two weeks after surgery. I had constant adrenilane rushes, racing heart, emotional outbusts...I lost both of my ovaries and it was like my body just went into shock. I was so scared I was going to feel like that forever. I was 40 with a six year old and thought how am I ever going to function again? I got on the Vivelle Dot 1.0 and Lexapro. I am fine now. Haven't had a panic attack in months. Give your body time to adjust. Like does get better. Oh, and over the holidays I have managed to gain back five pounds. Good luck.
Unread 01-27-2008, 06:39 PM

I can totally relate. I am doing the bioidentical hormones and I tell you its been a crazy ride these last 5 1/2 months trying to get balanced. I have been an emotional reck at times. I don't know what I would have done w/o my wonderful husband, my family and this site. Its has gotten better but I found out thru a saliva test I was low on all my hormones. Estrogen, Progesterone, DHEA, Testosterone and Cortisol. I was a mess. I don't think that regular Gyn doctors test for this but I was not getting balanced and just not feeling well at all so my wellness dr. had me do a saliva test. I've only been on all these other hormones for 10 days but I do think I am getting better. Hang on and stay in tune with your body and if the dr. you have won't help you then find someone else! Your quality of life depends on it! If we don't fight for ourselves no one else will.
Unread 01-27-2008, 10:47 PM

I sort of know how you feel. I felt a bit crazy right after my Hyster and BSO in Sept. It took a few months for me to settle but it did happen and I'm much calmer now. I did all kinds of things to try to make me feel better, like inc. my estrogen, then dec. it, took xanax and sleep meds. I felt mentally out of control too. I had quite a few panic attacks. It will take a while for your system to settle but it will in time. I didn't believe I would sleep again but I'm sleeping now. Hang in there. Your not alone.
Unread 01-27-2008, 11:11 PM

Hugs~~ I am so so sorry you are experiencing this!! I have been there a few times it is just awful. I recommend getting your blood tested for all your hormones-- and pick up the book "women weight and hormons" or screaming to be heard---
I just want to encourage you to keep pushing until you can get them all in balance. It is a hard hard road.
Unread 01-28-2008, 12:33 AM

Thank you all for your words of wisdom. Today was better, yes I uped my hormones myself because I thought I had to do something. I have NEVER felt to out of control in my life, all I can think is I have 4 more weeks off work and I had better get under control before I get back. I am thinking of asking the Dr. to put me on the highest dose and then slowly take me down to the correct dose, it seems the estrogen overdose has more favorable side effects than having too little. Would this be a correct assumption? I would much rather have headaches and dizziness than feel like I am out of control. I don't have heart palpatations, but I have this awefull feeling in the pit of my stomach...whatever, today was better...maybe tomorrow will be better yet????Thank goodness for this website you are all angels!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register