what happens at the two week checkup | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

what happens at the two week checkup what happens at the two week checkup

Unread 01-27-2008, 11:05 PM
what happens at the two week checkup

Hi i had a TAH with removal of one ovary and am scheduled next thursday for my two week checkup. I wondered if I will be checked internally also? Or is this just a "look at the incision" kind of visit? Sounds silly but I'm really curious.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2008, 06:57 AM

I am curious too. My 2 week post-op tomorrow morning for my LSH and I have no idea what to expect.
Unread 01-28-2008, 07:01 AM

I also had a TAH with one ovary removed. I had an appt one week after surgery where they just took out the staples and checked the incision. No pelvic exam. But I have another appt at 3 weeks where she'll do a pelvic and check the vaginal cuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2008, 07:27 AM
Wondering Also

I too was wondering...my check-up is this Friday.
Unread 01-28-2008, 07:56 AM

Hi,

I had a 1 week check up to remove the staples and then a two week check up to remove the steri strips she had put on after the staples. They were both just quick visits to check the surgical scar on my abdomen and ask how I was feeling. I had my 6 week check up last week and that was a quick look -see internal that was painless.
Unread 01-28-2008, 08:11 AM

Hi,

Had my check up last week. Quick visit DR checked incision, felt stomach. NO INTERNAL!! Write down all your questions for DR. I am heading towards four weeks this wednesday. I am felling good at times stomach does fell sore and tight. My cleaning girl is here now which is a blessing my house will be clean. Be well everyone.
Unread 01-28-2008, 09:27 AM

I had my staples removed at one week, my incision checked at two weeks, and an internal at 3 weeks. It was quick, easy and painless.
Unread 01-29-2008, 01:58 PM

Ladies,
For the routine two week check up, there is NO PELVIC EXAM. Nothing in the vagina for six weeks means nothing in the vagina for six weeks. My first vaginal exam was at the six week check up.

I had a TLH on 11/29/07 and the only thing that happened at my two week was the removal of the "glue" on my three incisions. It wasn't pleasant but it wasn't horrible either. The rest of the time my doc just confirmed that everything I was experiencing was completely normal.

It's not until the six week (or later) visit that your doc will do a pelvic. By the time my six week check came I didn't care about the pelvic exam because I was feeling much better and excited about getting the green light to resume "activities" with my DH.

Good luck and be well!
Unread 01-29-2008, 02:23 PM

Okay, I am back from my 2 week check up. It was not too bad. He checked the incisions, pelvic exam and answered questions. Everything looks good. He even said I can resume baths. Woo hoo! He thinks at 4 weeks I can resume sex, if I am ready.

He and his staff were amazed at how well I am recovering which makes me feel really good. I was starting to feel quite down.
Unread 01-29-2008, 03:07 PM

I had my 2 week post-op today. All my doc did was looked at the incision - had me get dressed - talked about how I was feeling. She did say about 10 times - NO LIFTING.

We talked about the pathology report and thats about it. There was no internal. She said I will come back in 3 - 4 weeks and then she will do a pelvic.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register