what happens at the two week checkup - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

what happens at the two week checkup what happens at the two week checkup

Unread 02-02-2008, 10:15 AM
2 wk check up

I had a TAH /BSO kept the right ovary, going in..... the doctor made a comment "We should had done this sooner" Due to my left ovary was bleeding again when he barely touched it, it was gushing blood inside, he had said "wow no wonder you were in the pain you were in"????? Soon after surgery there has been a ball like on the right side above the incision, the doctor had injected something in that area while still in the hospital, so needless to say it had extended my stay in the hospital an extra day, this did not seem to help the ball any as it has continued to be there. I had my post-op yesterday, over all went pretty good, incision looking very good,(he seems to think i will be in my bikini by summer) my doctor had stretched me out i think a little to far on his examination (right side again)yesterday. I came home and in less then a hour after..... had bleeding and clotting quit a bit followed with some pain now, still waiting on a call back from the doctor. He had explained that the ball like on the right side could be granulators(will have to do some research more on that one) and that it should go away in 6 months.

I have been doing well, in that i am not pushing myself too far, this is the one and only time to re-coop, my family and friends have been a huge help around here. My first outing was taking my 8 yr old son to school the day before yesterday and then to take my son to school and doctors yesterday, it's going pretty good (baby steps).

I have another appt. to see the doctor on Feb. 28th in 4 more weeks, I'm hoping that he will release me and that i will be ready to get back to work, I'm just one of those people that have a hard time doing nothing. This experience has taught me to be more patient.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2008, 04:57 AM
what happens at the two week checkup

Wrong thread, sorry
Unread 02-04-2008, 10:58 AM
what happens at the two week checkup

Chrisy,

Wow, you've had quite an experience. I hope you are feeling better.

You seem to have a good attitude about the healing period. Isn't it funny, you read through all the threads and the common refrain is " I think I overdid it" or " I feel so bad b/c...."
Mom's are truly incredible. They are like the energizer rabbit and just keep going. I was thinking the other day how thankful I am that my kids are teens, my DH is a dear and for modern medicine. I couldn't imagine living in a time when there were no treatments for all the things that can go screwy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register