Hysterectomy dates Jan 28-Feb 04,2008 - Page 16 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 28-Feb 04,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 28-Feb 04,2008

Unread 02-11-2008, 01:00 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 28-Feb 04,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy_owl
Hi Stellacat,
Whoa, and I thought all my stuff happened fast! You must have whiplash from all those decisions in so many different directions! I had my surgery for prolapse too and have the anterior mesh. It is a rough recovery. I do envy, just a tiny bit, the ladies that had a simple TVH and are back on their feel feeling good already. I had my surgery 2 days before you, but then had a post op infection last week that set me back. How is your 10 year old handling it? Mine seems incredulous. Everytime I can't do something, I have to re-explain that I had surgery and an infection and I'm sick and she acts like she has never heard it before, but that is kind of her personality. Her 10th birthday was 5 days before your DD's 10th.
What took you to Alaska? It can be a very isolated place. I feel for you having so much happen so fast and you being alone. I went from the GYN on the 10th to surgery on the 29th and thought that was whirlwind fast!
Hi Wendy,

Whiplash? yeah! I feel like I was hit from behind!
as far as what took me to AK..... a crazy sense of purpose, I thought it would be a nice place to raise my kids however, after 7 yrs of it, I can't tolerate it anymore.

My DD is very caring/compassionette, she can also get all lost in her own little world if it were not for HER.....
I could never manage this ordeal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2008, 01:05 PM

Hi Brier,

I TOO worried big time about getting the flu, hospitals are full of germs!
I had my flu vaccine last october and it has kep't me well.
do you have someone helping care for you? I see you are in WA state?, I WISH I had someone close to me.

Sonia
Unread 02-11-2008, 01:19 PM

Brier,
You poor thing! Have you talked to your doc? It wouldn't surprise me if a bladder infection or something like that took advantage of your being weak from the flu. Don't let it go to long. Your body is recovering from a major double whammy, that your guts are acting weird is not surprising. Keep an eye out for fever, chills, sharp pain, or even feeling like there is a small fire smouldering in your belly. When in doubt call your doc, that is what he is there for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2008, 02:24 PM

Brier44,
sorry to hear your set back. I had my LATH on 1/28/08. I know what you are saying about the pain below. I also had very uncomfortable sensation everytime I was sitting down. stay off your feet. I kept my feet elevated every chance I get. I still can not sit on the hard surface. It does get better with time. I remember when I got up on Sat. morning(2/8/08), I could botice that sensation is very minimal. I hope it disappear soon for you. I take yogult culture every morning and before bedtime to help me with my stomach. I think it really helps. try that. I guess I am about a week ahead of yo on the recovery. Every day will be better. good luck
Unread 02-11-2008, 04:53 PM

Well I am 11 days post op and doing pretty well overall. Got bowel stuff pretty much worked out so that is a HUGE plus. Problem now is for the first time in my life I have insomnia. I have never had problems sleeping before but that has changed. I did not really fall asleep till 5am this morning, , 3am the night before and so on, very frustrating. I know it is something many other sisters have mentioned they are dealing with so it is some comfort that I am not the only one laying there at 3am. Been thinking about trying to start to wean myself from the 600MG motrin every 5-6 hours but admit I am a little nervous about that, not sure what to expect. Guess there is only one way to find out.

A friend came over during the week, ( i live alone) vacuumed the whole house and scrubbed the tub, a sign of a true friend! I had another girlfriend out over the weekend so it was great to have someone do a little pampering, chic flics, conversation, cooking and remove all the snow from my car even if I do not plan to drive it for a bit.

Thanks for "listening" and i hope everyone is progressing well and pampering themselves even if only a little bit.
Unread 02-11-2008, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.anne
Well I am 11 days post op and doing pretty well overall. Got bowel stuff pretty much worked out so that is a HUGE plus. Problem now is for the first time in my life I have insomnia. I have never had problems sleeping before but that has changed. I did not really fall asleep till 5am this morning, , 3am the night before and so on, very frustrating. I know it is something many other sisters have mentioned they are dealing with so it is some comfort that I am not the only one laying there at 3am. Been thinking about trying to start to wean myself from the 600MG motrin every 5-6 hours but admit I am a little nervous about that, not sure what to expect. Guess there is only one way to find out.

A friend came over during the week, ( i live alone) vacuumed the whole house and scrubbed the tub, a sign of a true friend! I had another girlfriend out over the weekend so it was great to have someone do a little pampering, chic flics, conversation, cooking and remove all the snow from my car even if I do not plan to drive it for a bit.

Thanks for "listening" and i hope everyone is progressing well and pampering themselves even if only a little bit.
Hi ms. anne,

Boy, you are so lucky to have friends that do things like housework i've had to let my place go abit astray. I have had a couple neighbors bring food even though i'm not very hungry, what I would love is what you have, company, conversation, chic flicks, sounds WONDERFUL! I live alone too, well, 2 kids/cats and our weather is ALL white, super cold....sigh.

I'm for you
Unread 02-12-2008, 12:23 AM

KCfromAL

I too have that moving around feeling! I call it "bugs crawling" throughout my system, it's a little different each day; I am 2 weeks post op today. I am wearing a full size abdominal brace that gives me really good support, without it I feel like things are going to fall out; one good thing is that it keeps my swellybelly tucked into place. Not sure how long this lasts but try to stay hydrated, eating an Activia yogurt each day to help bowels keep moving, and try to walk a little more each day Good Luck

Koen
Unread 02-12-2008, 12:28 AM

snowy_owl

the trip sounds like heaven to me; I've always wanted to go to WDW but for now am content to have a seasons pass to Disneyland, I really love it there. last year for my birthday I bought the Thomas Kincaid, 50th anniversary of Disneyland painting. First thing I see every morning makes my day Check to see if WDW has a riding, motorized cart when you go; also check with Guest Relations and see if they can give you a handicapped pass for the day; that will get you onto all of the rides via the exit so that you don't have to wait hours in line. My best friend has MS and we always stop to get her the pass as she can't stand for long periods.

Have fun!

Koen
Unread 02-12-2008, 12:38 AM

Hi everyone, today is day 15!! the first few days are starting to be a distant memory, close enough to remember, but far away enough to start trusting that I am feeling better. My sis-in-law took me for a pedicure/manicure today and out to lunch; was tiring but wanted to feel good about Valentine's Day Feeling well enough to walk a little and will try to walk to the end of the street tomorrow; I have been really taking it easy as I was afraid of post op comps; slowed way down on meds, alternating tylenol and motrin every 6 hours.
starting tomorrow, I am on my own except when DD is home from classes, DH went back to work today Still feeling things moving around inside, internal healing? haven't lifted anything at all other than the laptop.

Will talk to all of you tomorrow !!

Koen
Unread 02-12-2008, 01:19 AM

Ms Anne, wow, what great friends you have!! I think that must really help.

Things moving around inside? They say it's normal, and everything has to settle in. I don't have it alot, but when I walk to the end of the block it does feel like everything slowly is moving down, down.....down. Once I get back home and put my feet up it seems to go away.

I haven't taken any pain meds since my 4th day after surgery. My feeling is that if I don't feel any pain at all I'll overdo it with moving around etc, and that would be even worse in the end. I don't really have so much pain, just a stretching pulling feeling around my scar, and the usual gas pains, but for the rest I think I consider myself pretty lucky.

My 3 year old daughter is getting used to the fact that I can't pick her up and she can't touch my belly, but I feel sorry for her......she lost one of her playmates for awhile. She is very understanding, but sometimes I can really sense her frustration.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register