Hysterectomy dates Jan 28-Feb 04,2008 - Page 19 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 28-Feb 04,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 28-Feb 04,2008

Unread 02-15-2008, 02:31 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 28-Feb 04,2008

Yikes , Snowy Owl.. take it easy for the rest of the day! I am 1 week behind you , having had my TAH 2/4. I havent ventured out yet, but was thinking i would try next week, 2weeks post op. Maybe just to Starbucks for a cup of coffee or to the bank... luckily my DH is a pharmacist and works in a large chain so he has been able to bring anything home we need. And it is just us, kids are 27 and 30, my hats are off to those of you trying to recover from this with children around,, even older ones!
Take care Wendy
Paula
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2008, 02:38 PM

Hi all! After 2 c-sections I thought this(TAH) would be piece of cake----uh-- NO! not even close! On wed. I was feeling good. I am used to being on the go so I went shopping; 30 min at target, rested 3 hours, then went house hunting with husband and walked around 2 houses!!! big mistake! I thought I was going to throw up when I got home and didn't move for 16 hours! Thru the night I felt a stinging/burning sensation where I guess the *new* vaginal cuff is, also felt like something was stuck there(swelling?). Very minor light brown discharge thursday. I called dr and nurse said that I may have strained/popped stitch and to refrain from walking! Today, more clear/light brown tinged discharge, no real blood. I haven't moved much at all, and feel much better today! Minor, if any, burning and swelling feels gone. Antone with similar experience?
Also have plumb sized yellow/blue bruise/bump right below belly button and incision. It is not seeming to get any better and appeared about 5 days after event. Any one else still have bruising that is not going away?
Unread 02-15-2008, 03:23 PM

Hi Its Done,
I'm pretty sure I popped a stitch last week, but the bleeding resolved within a few hours. The brown discharge, which I assume was a clot working its way out, started a day or two later and lasted a couple of days . I have no real evidence of this, but I suspect the stitch that popped was what allowed my infected vaginal cuff to drain instead of abscess. The added pressure of an infection and a little bit of straining to move my bowels would easily pop a stitch only a week post op. Excessive swelling from being on your feet too much could pop a stitch too. We really need to be careful.
Hang in there and we can try to be patient together. This is taking way longer than I expected to recover from! I'm used to being on the go all the time too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2008, 03:41 PM

I was just reading one of my older posts and realize I kind of contradicted myself. I hadn't though about the possibility of having popped a stitch until today, but I'm still pretty sure that is what happened. I think the exam the doctor did loosened up the blood that had clotted over the popped stitch and that is why it finally came down. I'm so brain dead that I'm slow to think everything through. The internal antibiotic that I was having to "apply" to the vaginal cuff loosened up and brought out the rest of the dried blood stuff and I haven't seen any, old or new, since. So I still think it was a combo of something popped, that started the bleeding, and the doc exam broke it up.

Wow we get gross on this forum
Unread 02-15-2008, 04:05 PM
first check up

I had my 2 week check in today with the Dr. Not very eventful, lots of talking and that was about it. We talked about my recovery and the surgery it self. She said she used some new device during the surgery that is supposed to speed recovery time. Meant to ask what it was but we moved onto other conversations and I forgot about it. Feels like whatever it was it worked. I am in way better shape than i anticipated. I do not have to go back until late March, a little over 4 weeks, then she will do an internal, Tests showed I still have blood cells in the urine so they are sending out again to check but she was not overly concerned since I had no problems. All in all doing pretty good. I hope everyone else the bast they can have. I also wanted to mention that I drive myself to the Drs appointment with no problems.
Unread 02-15-2008, 04:24 PM

It sure is good to hear from people having similar experiences and at the same time. Makes me feel like I am not crazy/alone on this road to recovery!! This support makes all the difference. Thanks for the post snowy_owl
Unread 02-16-2008, 08:17 AM
Feeling worse instead of better

Today is day 17 and I am feeling like I thought I would on Day 7!!! I feel like I'm going backwards. On day 11 (last Sunday) I began bleeding heavier and passing clots, so my DH took me to the doc the following day. Without any pain meds, the doc repositioned my cervix and proceeded to pack it with medication to form a false scab. Afterwards he had the nurse put a Xanex (sp?) under my tongue..not sure if it was to keep me from passing out or punching him!! My DH's hand stayed red for several hours afterwards, but thank God he let me squeeze it or I'm not sure what I'd have done!! The bleeding stopped for a few days, but is back now. I am also having more pain and swelling instead of less!!! Arggghhhh!! This is so frustrating!!! I am so thankful for this website!!
Unread 02-16-2008, 02:44 PM
saying hi

Hi All This is definately 2 steps forward 1 behind. Yesterday I felt great. Today I woke up tired and kinda sore. Just woke up from a 3 hour nap. Wow!!! Guess I needed that. And I'm greatful for this website, it has helped me emmencely!! Amy
Unread 02-16-2008, 11:48 PM

hello all! today is day 20 and I am feeling horrible today; Th night we went for a small drive, only 2nd time out of the house. When we came home I had 3 very small spots on my incision that were oozing blood, looks like the incision was ok but just a little bubble at the edges, it slowed down and then started again today; burns really bad. Anyone know why this would start almost 3 weeks postop? I haven't lifted or done anything at all for the last 3 weeks, haven't driven, etc. seems like my incision gets really red by the end of the day.

I am joyfully looking forward to next week; it should be time for my period but I won't have one now

other than that, I feel ok, sleeping well, etc. started multivits, calcium, magnesium about one week ago and HRT is doing ok as far as I can tell.

Koen
Unread 02-17-2008, 03:21 AM

DisneyGirl,
Know this is personal but do you have any kind of belly overhang? I have a small one and find that if I sit for long time, not at a 45degree angle, that my incision doesn't get air and therefore gets a bit agitated. Maybe sitting in the car did that to you. Also keep your incision dry. if you shower make sure you completely dry it off and let it air before putting your clothes on.
I know this is TMI but personally I find that the more you can let ALL parts of your body air the better off you will feel. I started sleeping naked and it not only takes care of my night sweats but also feels alot more comfortable.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register