Hysterectomy dates Jan 28-Feb 04,2008 - Page 20 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 28-Feb 04,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 28-Feb 04,2008

Unread 02-17-2008, 05:56 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 28-Feb 04,2008

Wow, what a day! I almost feel like a real person again. I'll sum it up in bullet statements.

Feeling fine despite yesterday's new exercise level, but didn't exercise as much today.

Survived the 2 hour round tip, and hour on location, for DD's lesson, although older DD drove, (she has her permit and needs time behind the wheel.)

Got home and took a nap, woke up feeling like a crazed Frankenstein monster. Tried staying busy, ended up making a desperate run to the store for any OTC that might help. Decided to try St. John's Wort and either it worked or the hormone surge died down on its own, but an hour after taking it I was much better.

Finally went out to dinner for DH's birthday. His actual birthday was the day after my surgery and the weekend before that his family was here so we hadn't really celebrated yet.

I stuffed myself silly on dinner, which I'm kind of regretting, but it was SO yummy and I've lost 8 lbs. so I figured it won't hurt

Now, if I can just get some sleep tonight, I will have really turned a corner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2008, 07:12 PM

kalamario, thanks for the tips; yes, I do have a belly overhang, have had one since my C-section years ago, anyways the doc redid my scar to clean it up a bit and the overhang is more exaggerated than it was, hoping it was from the swellybelly? I stayed on the recliner most of today and left the abdominal support off, exposed everything to air (bad visual, huh?) and it seems to be a little better; I'll try to sleep without the binder, do you find that it is harder to move in bed or the same without it??

Thanks for the great advice

Koen
Unread 02-18-2008, 01:25 AM

Disney Girl, I haven't worn any kind of swelly belly binder. I was told not to because it would support something that should learn to be supported on its on. I can certainly imagine that it provides some kind of security and makes one feel better, but as I said I like everything exposed to air and feels it helps the recovery process. Getting out of bed is a bit difficult, first I roll on my side, slowwwwwwly take my feet over the edge and then push up with my arms. I sit for a minute or two before rising to my feet. On the whole I feel in the last couple of days that getting up and sitting down are becoming alot easier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2008, 07:02 AM

Okay day 22, and feeling better. Was able to walk nearly one mile today to the post office and back. Feel a bit tired after that but on the whole am able to stand more straight and not look like the hunchback of Notre Dame. Still can't sleep on my right side but left side works fine.
A friend found me some giant granny panties, full cotton, and let me tell you they are a godsend. I usually wear bikini's and I think we all know with abdominal scars just how painful that can be.
Unread 02-22-2008, 07:17 AM

good morning everyone
im 3weeks post op and feeling better everyday. my stomach sends me sharp pain every know and then to tell me i have over done it. My energy is coming back so it is nice to move more and more everyday.
The only thing that gets old is the spottitng it is like im still having a light period that wont end and gas still hurt alittle and having to pee more often i was joking with a friend the other day i told her soemtimes i feel like im 9 months pregnant again
I did go see teh doctor yesterday one of my stitches kept grabbing my underwear and had them trim it. I also have had a headache for 3 days i asked her if it was the hysterctomy or it is was a side affect of not being on progestrone anymore she said it could be but want sure. the headache is here again i may have to call again and get soemthing ugggg does anyone else have a killer headache? or is it i have been home to long lolol
well hope everyone is haivng a good day
cat
Unread 02-22-2008, 07:46 AM

Hi everyone:
Was doing much better in week 1=2 than week 3... Had to call the doctor for stronger meds. Swelling doesn't seem to be getting much better , esp. if I am up for 3=4 hours... What is that all about...?? Thinking about buying maternity jeans so I won't be too uncomfortable when I go back to work..
Has anyone done that?
Other than the burning sensation, twinges, etc... I am feeling okay... just don't want anything pushing on my incision, which is really ugly..
Rides in the car aren't nice either with all the potholes we have around here.
Unread 02-22-2008, 09:13 AM

preciouskitten5,
I had my LATH on jan 28th. I get headache more now than before the surgery. I was told it is due to iron-deficiency anemia. ask your Dr. I am taking low dose of iron supplement. It seems to help. Be careful with the supplements, sometimes cause some constipation. We all know it is not a pleasant condition to have right now. good luck
Unread 02-22-2008, 10:47 AM

Hi Patio,
I have about 4 pairs of the stretch corduroy from the St. John's Bay brand that JCPenney's sells. They are wonderful and feel like pajamas! There are a couple of different styles, but they aren't real low cut, just low enough that the waist isn't narrow, and even the waist is way more stretchy than it looks. They were roomy and comfortable when I bought them, and stayed that way through my weight going up over 5 pounds, and still look decent now that I'm almost 15 down from my peak so they are very forgiving. (15 pounds is generally takes me though a couple of sizes.)
Hope that helps! They definitely look better than maternity pants.
Unread 02-22-2008, 01:26 PM

Hi Sister's!

I passed my 3 week mark yesterday so, that puts me at 22 days post op. I REALLY overdid it yesterday, my kids were gone (I have a neighbor who is homeschooling them YAY!) anyway, went to Fred Meyer store to buy some milk o magnesia and decieded to splurge on myself, I bought me a new lipstick it made ME feel good.

Like many of you here, I am reminded by my lower inner'ds that I had a lot done, I get those twinges, pokes, jabs and my tummy inflates and deflates on/off throughout the day. I can still wear my normal clothes just got a poochy pooch going on. what bothers me the most is my bowels... I ended up calling the my doc a few days ago because i get these rectal spasms?, they are on/off throughout the day, he asked if they were BEFORE a BM and i said yes, he said that is normal because i also had a 'significant rectocele' repaired, he told me to stay on softeners and NOT get constipated, funny thing, the ONLY thing that has that 'liqued plumber effect' on me is the milk of magnesia

Also, i'm on premarin as an HRT and really wonder if i'll stay on beyond 6 months..... I have ZERO emotions??? and sadly enough, I can no longer blame anything on PMS <hee hee> i'm here for anyone who wants some one on one support.

S.
Unread 02-22-2008, 05:10 PM
follow up

Hi everybody,
I saw my surgeon today because it is 2 weeks past my post op infection, but he did a full exam so I won't be going back for my 4 week on Monday, or again unless I have a problem!

He said everything was healing really well, at 6 weeks I can resume normal activities including sex, but to be careful and slow down if need be.

I asked him about future gyn exams and he said I still need an annual pelvic exam since I still have ovaries, but that is all.

I won't feel fully secure that all is over until I FEEL like it is all over, but at least the doc feels everything is wrapped up on his end.

I hope everyone is feeling better and getting stronger every day!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register