Hysterectomy dates Jan 28-Feb 04,2008 - Page 25 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 28-Feb 04,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 28-Feb 04,2008

Unread 03-23-2008, 10:17 AM
Starting our 8th week post-op

Hello ladies - Hope everyone is continuing to heal well - even though for some it's slow progress. My trip to London went well (Phantom was wonderfull), although I was exhausted by the end of the evening. I'm so pleased that my scar has finally stopped weeping - it's nice to be able to start rubbing Bio oil over the area. Annoyingly my scar looks drunk - it's higher on one side!! How are other people's? Also, how is everyone else feeling? My family have sort of forgotten about the op and expect me to be 'normal', so it's nice to be able to read about other people's experiences and ask questions without feeling guilty! Hope everyone is having a Happy Easter and haven't eaten too much chocolate!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2008, 04:37 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 28-Feb 04,2008

Hi Mandi,
Glad to hear your trip went well. I'm doing well too, but not quit back to full speed. I've been getting out hiking, and walking, and it wipes me out a little less each time.
Unread 03-25-2008, 09:46 PM

hi girls!! mandy-glad to hear your incision stopped weeping, I have wondered if that wasn't how I got my infection because it was in the same spot where is was weeping?? anyways, all is better now. back to work this week, doing ok, but more tired than usual, I really enjoyed being home in my pj's and track suits; someday retirement will look great! still having some swelling at the end of the day and the occasional twinge but nothing extreme.

disneygrl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2008, 02:03 AM

Glad you're both doing well Snowy_owl and Disneygrl. I know what you mean about getting more tired. I do wake early though with plenty of energy first thing. I try and get all my busy stuff done in the morning so that I don't get too frustrated when the daily energy crash happens - I could happliy go to bed at 8pm I am so tired in the evening!
My tummy's much less tender now. I'm really glad that I can wear my button-fly 501 jeans now without it feeling uncomfortable - as my tummy swells in the afternoon they get tighter and work like support pants! With 'work skirts' I start the day with them loose and end up looking a bit pregnant - ah well, hopefully the swelling thing improves gradually? My friend's daughter gets married on 5th April and I don't want to look like I have a beer belly in the photos!
How are others doing re bowels at 7-8 weeks post op? I'm ok but not as worry free as I was pre-op - I feel I need to eat lots of fruit. Anyway hope everyone is relieved their op is done (like I am) and doing well.
Unread 03-26-2008, 10:05 PM

Hi ladies....I'm a Jan 28th Sister as well.... I am still having some bad days....Its 12:00 midnight now, and I cannot sleep because of the pain. From hip to hip and all points inbetween are hurting.......I was up and down at my desk quite a bit today and wondering if that didn't stir something up. I did wake this morning however with some discomfort. Now, I would gauge my pain at a 6 - there and sometimes not distracting and sometimes distracting. We're into our 9th week now - should this be happening? As well, when I went back to my gyno for my 6wk check-up they said there was a lesion on my right ovary.......What does this mean and what should I do...? I just want to thank all the Sisters over the past 9 weeks for all the helpful information - this was the forum I turned to the most for info....

LAVH - Jan.28/08
Unread 03-27-2008, 10:07 AM

Each of us are really different for pain levels and tolerance; that said, I would recommend that you call your doctors office and speak to the nurse re: your pain level. has is increased? have you increased activity? does it come and go? can you tie it to a specific activity? are you taking any medication?

for me, I am back to work this week, and today am really tired; I think walking in heels effects how my stomach muscles are feeling, I asked my boss if we could change the dress code to include fleece pj's and house slippers, lol!

good luck
Unread 03-27-2008, 10:54 AM

Well, I guess I gauge my pain level based on the information the hospital gave during my pre-op appointment. Last night I was a "6" and to me that would be "cannot find comfortable position to sleep...." "...increasing fatigue from the pain...". Right now, noon, I'm a two/three meaning "its there but tolerable....and/or finding positions that relieve temporarily.." I returned to work last week, and because of Easter, was a short week, but I am full time now (40hrs.) My level of activity (regular exercise routines, etc.) I have not started....this winter has been unrelenting in Ontario..snow..ice... I have made an appointment with the Dr. for Tuesday (April 2) and would like some followup on this ovarian lesion at that time as well. As far as pain meds, I am taking Tylenol #1's and they sure don't cut it......The end of the day is worse....I'm bloated...sore...tummy is kindof hard....I guess I am surprised just how long it takes to recover. And thankgoodness I have some nice stretchy-like pants I put on as soon as I'm home.... Patience...patience...patience.... The lesion....that is another matter that needs to be addressed...
Unread 04-27-2008, 11:41 PM

Happy 3 month anniversary to everyone!! Feeling pretty good, still one spot of soreness where I had the post op infection but it looks great; HRT is working really well for me, no hot flashes, etc. and Premarin vag cream working great!

TTYall later, Koen
Unread 04-28-2008, 06:36 AM

I didn't think about it being our anniversary!

I'm feeling great!
Unread 04-28-2008, 06:46 AM

Everything feels much better - wish I had it done five years ago..... Stamina was lacking around the 8-9th week still, so I joined a fitness club and hired a personal trainer to get back into shape. Noticable increase in energy and strength. Every once in a while I feel a small twinge in an area that was long to heal, but other than that everything is great. Thanks again for the support.

LAVH - January 28th. Kept ovaries.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register