Hysterectomy dates Jan 28-Feb 04,2008 - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 28-Feb 04,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 28-Feb 04,2008

Unread 02-03-2008, 01:47 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 28-Feb 04,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by preciouskittin5
Now im home and feeling alottt better took a nice hot bath and now sitting here relaxing.
Are we allowed to have a bath this soon after surgery? That would probably feel really good but I forgot to ask my doctor if it would be ok.

I must be feeling better. I'm getting cabin fever so I took my dog out for a little walk up the street. Boy it felt wonderful to get a little bit of fresh air!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2008, 02:12 PM

Please tell me you call a shower a "bath" and didn't actually soak in a tub!!

I wasn't prepared for the removal of the packing either, YOW-ZA!!! I so wish I had found this site before my surgery. Everything happened so fast for me that I never really had time to think about it. I had my annual on the 3rd, got my referral and saw the GYN on the 10th, did my pre-op screening on the 18th, had x-rays and picked up my bowel prep on the 23rd, had my blood drawn and peed in the cup on the 27th, and surgery on the 29th. In the middle of all this my husband was gone for 2 weeks, I had my husband's parents, sister, and 2 nieces visiting for nearly a week, and my 10 year old's birthday which included a sleep-over.

I did clean and stock the house, but other than that I was totally unprepared for this surgery!
Unread 02-03-2008, 02:15 PM

Tara,
Big time no baths, it is great way to infect the sutures!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2008, 02:23 PM

my doctor gave me discharge papers that say i can take 20 minute baths 2 or 3 times a day because it may be soothing that is what i went by so i was happy when i read that i have to admit it did feel good
Unread 02-03-2008, 02:30 PM

Wow! I'm so surprised! Was your surgery all vaginal? Maybe that makes a difference and my doc is just conservative about it. Sorry to pounce on you like that, it just set off alarm bells in my head. Soaking in a tub sounds wonderful. I think I'll add that to my list of questions for when I call the clinic tomorrow :-)
Unread 02-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Tweety47

4 days post op surgery 1/30/08. Family is great!!! They have been taking care of me. Had everything removed except left ovary. Could not get it out with out opening me up too many adhesions. Had to repair small intestine and colon from stomach. Sore today, but no more pain meds today. Small fever...Can't eat much about 3oz per meal. Da Vince Robot did my surgery, out 5 hours recovery 6 hours. Going to the bathroom okay, passing gas is good. Gas x extra strength, stool softners and milk magnesia helps alot. Husband is sweet doing everything for me...Doc said all looks good waiting on path report. Back Wed to get some stitches removed...
Unread 02-03-2008, 03:10 PM

Doc said no baths for me...
Unread 02-03-2008, 05:51 PM

Hi Ladies, I got home yesterday (Sat.) from a vaginal hyst on Thurs. Feeling too good I think, and maybe over doing it, as I was warned not to. It is hard to stay down when you feel ok...maybe thanks to the pain meds?? Anyone else using them?
Best wishes to all the Sisters,
Fortysix
p.s. my surgery date was changed to 01/31/08
Unread 02-03-2008, 07:32 PM

I felt good on Friday, (surgery was Tuesday) and totally over did it. I woke up feeling crummier again on Saturday and have slowed down. I'm taking pain meds, but I take Ultram ER 100 every night for arthritis. I think I took more today than I have in the last couple of days. Two Darvon and finally a Vicodin. I also take Naproxen 24/7 for arthritis so it helps the surgery pain too.
Unread 02-04-2008, 05:56 AM

Having a small setback. I developed a rotten head-cold and cough yesterday. It sure doesn't feel good to cough or sneeze. I tossed and turned all night last night. DH finally plugged in the Benelyn vapor thingy and gave me some halls. So taking it extra easy today, drinking lots of O.J, and resting. Uggggh.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register