Hysterectomy dates Jan 28-Feb 04,2008 - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jan 28-Feb 04,2008 Hysterectomy dates Jan 28-Feb 04,2008

Unread 02-05-2008, 09:12 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jan 28-Feb 04,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by preciouskittin5
I just have to ask everyone im 5 day post op and still crampy and alittle pain still feel need to pee every 30 minutes i thought by now i would feel better my sister had the surgery 3 months ago and says im being a baby that this is an easy surgery. am i beign a baby is anyone else feeling this way? all of a sudden i feel like this is a compitition to who heals better ugggg
whoa!! go at your own pace, not your sisters! just get a lot of rest and water; our bladders were attached at some point to some of the other anatomy so this may be normal for you; keep surrounded by positive people

Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2008, 09:33 PM

disneygrl hi
your tottaly right, so i have not talked to her since last night. unfortunelty i was feeling really good up till about 3 hours ago now i feel like i did day after surgery, very gassy. So daughter and i went walking at walmart then target. still real gassy so took 2 gasx and 800 motrin hope it works or i wont be sleeping tonight again. I cant think of why i have more gas today its wierd.
Unread 02-05-2008, 09:38 PM

Hi Ixrayu, love the name, are you a radiographer by chance? Me too.
I hope your fever sorts its self out soon, would make you feel pretty lousy, huh. Hang in there. I will be interested to know how long it takes for the pain to subside properly, especially at night, jolly annoying when it wakes you up from a good sleep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2008, 09:41 PM

Hey there, wow surgery yesterday and already on the internet, I am impressed. Hope the pneumonia sorts its self out and you get back on the road to recovery real soon, you don't need that with a sore belly, ouch!
Unread 02-06-2008, 03:32 AM

I came home on Sunday Feb 3 after TAH/BSO on Thurs. Jan 31. Surgery went well although I woke up to a vertical cut. The Gyn/onc wanted a better look. My gyn. said they usually do that, however he forgot to tell me. Haven't got any path reports back yet, so that is of some concern.. Staples come out this Friday.. My doc had me on Milk of Mag and Ducolax on the 2nd day so BM's haven't been a problem. I agree the hardest part seems to be sleeping positions. I found also that I cant make it thru the night without getting up to pee. sometimes 2 -3 times.
Unread 02-06-2008, 05:54 AM

Hi I had my LAVH surgery on the 28th. I feel pretty good. They kept my ovaries. It wasnt as bad as i had anticipated. I had terrible night sweats the first 3 nights but they seemed to have settled down for now. I dont have much pain which makes it hard for me to behave. I have trouble realizing my restrictions and understanding that the world will go on without my help for a few days. I have my first dr. appt today. I would like to say that this site has been a god send to me. Its so nice to see that others have the same questions fears emotions. Its been quite a rollercoaster ride. Its nice to know your not alone and that that the feelings you have are shared by others. The information i've read has been so helpful to me. Thanks a million
Unread 02-06-2008, 07:12 AM
Set back

Well, it is Wednesday morning here now and everyone is dragging. My bladder has been so irritated since the catheter was in place and kept thinking it would clear up, but yesterday evening I realized it was a UTI so I called
the on call doctor who sent me to the Urgent Care Clinic. DH had had a couple of beers at that point so 16 y/o DD drove me in. The doc wanted to make sure I didn't have an abscess from the surgery so I had a CAT Scan with oral and I.V. contrast, (Good grief that stuff tastes bad!!) Anyway, we didn't get home until almost midnight so I let DD skip school today. DH went in this morning and picked up my prescriptions.

So that was our big drama for the night. I did ask the doctor if it was normal for me to still be so sore and sick a week after the surgery and she said yes, considering how extensive the rectocele was. I guess it isn't whether you have a bladder reconstructed or the rectum reconstructed, it is the reconstruction that gets to you.

Hopefully, now that I'm on antibiotics, I will move a little faster towards being back to normal. Of course, the oral contrast is terribly constipating so back to the milk of magnesia, yippee.
Unread 02-06-2008, 07:17 AM

oh wendy im so sorry to hear that I hope you feel better soon. Im glad you did call doc before you got worse. hang in there You will start feeling beeter soon.
get some sleep and relax today.

cat
Unread 02-06-2008, 07:37 AM

Thanks Cat,
I'm sure everyone that is post-op can imagine how much fun the exam was. Nothing like a speculum on fresh stitches, almost as good as having packing removed, ugh!
Unread 02-06-2008, 07:39 AM

wendy

ouch that doesnt sound good. well put your feet up today and drink lots of liquids and relax so you get better

cat

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register