belly flap | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-28-2008, 11:42 AM
belly flap

I lost eight lbs post op and my tummy is empty without that overgrown uterus so my belly is droopy with loose skin. Does any one else have "the flap" and does it go away?????? I would like a mini tummy tuck but another abdomenal surgery is OUT. Hopefully Ill be cleared to exercise by next Tuesday (post op wk#6).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2008, 11:46 AM
belly flap

Hi, I'm having the same concerns 7 weeks post-op. I worked hard to keep my flat tummy and am not amused at the prospect of having a little kangaroo pouch. Saw my surgeon today and said that the overlap should still reduce naturally and there's not reason why the lower skin and upper skin should not flatten out.

I'm not sure and look forward to doing some ab. work to start getting it as flat again as possible.

Hope others post with some ideas
good luck
Unread 01-28-2008, 12:00 PM
belly flap

No ideas but I can tell you that I have the same problem. I have a friend who had a myomectomy around a year and a half ago. She stated that most of it goes down but we must work at it to get it off. I am willing to work I just do not want to lose what I had worked so hard for prior to the surgery. I had a fairly flat stomach before the surgery not six pack or anything but defintely not this bit of flab drooping. Ugh!!!
41 yrs
TAH (anemia, heavy menses, fibroids)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2008, 09:26 AM
belly flap

Liv_n_lrn & Ellie
Thanks for sharing and Im glad im not alone. The annoying thing about me is that the lower aspect is flat but the upper is enlarged AND the right upper is bigger than the right! I hope to get clearance for exercise the fist week of Feb but Im looking at the dipdissolve option because there is is NO elective abdominal surgeries for this girl!

thanks again for sharing!
Unread 01-29-2008, 10:20 AM
belly flap

Necrotic1 I am the same way, except my upper left is bigger than the right. I'm super honkerblonked because I had a tummy tuck a few years ago. I can't wait to get back to the gym and work with a personal trainer again. In the interim I'm going to wear my binder.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register