Why oh why does my tailbone hurt? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Why oh why does my tailbone hurt? Why oh why does my tailbone hurt?

Unread 01-28-2008, 05:06 PM
Why oh why does my tailbone hurt?

I am 8 weeks post op and have had some tailbone pain off and on. I thought it was from lying in the bed kind of half sitting up and half lying down. We'll I'm not doing that anymore and have been back at work for 3 weeks. Does anyone know why I would be having tailbone pain? Sitting is not comfortable. Lying down and standing up are better but I still fee uncomfortable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2008, 05:14 PM

Hi,
I am 3 weeks post op and my tail bone aches too. I still can not lie on my side either one and I am glad for the gals that can because I am sick of sleeping on my back and I think that and the fact that most of the day I am sitting in some sort of way is causing this pressure on my tail bone. I also find if I have a bad day and have to stay in bed then my right leg starts to ache right at the crease from the pelvic area to the leg. I was cut up my stomach and have an 8" incision coming up from the below my bikini c-section scar about 1" below going through (boy does that feel weird my incision runs along the left side of my belly button so anytime I get too much pressure or too much on one side or the other the incision starts to ache too then I move and my tail bone aches from being in the sitting position and then if I lie too long my leg. I really didn't know that recovery would be this hard. I am still in a pretty good amount of pain (not severe) more annoying if that makes sense. I called the doctor too see if I could get some more pain meds mostly for at night. I had the worst night of pain and uncomfortable positioning last night and only slept about 3 hours total. I am o.k. if I stand but only for a bit. I too am having the tail bone pain you are not alone it is right in the middle of the tail bone too I can say that taking it easy is an understatement!! I wish you the best I just wanted you too know you are not alone
Unread 01-28-2008, 05:19 PM

The same happens to me but my legs and feet go num too...

20 wks out? Should i tell the dr?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2008, 05:29 PM

I had tail bone pain for awhile also. I attributed it to sitting in the recliner, and laying on my back. It kinda eased up about a week and a half ago. I started sitting on a pillow in my recliner and sleeping more on my side. Now my hip will hurt if I lay around on it too long. I have never done so much of laying around sigh......
I also read somewhere that sometimes Drs. will use the ligament in your tail bone to help build a Vaginal Cuff. I will have to ask about that.

Hope you get some answers soon.
Best Wishes
Unread 01-28-2008, 06:20 PM

Thanks for your replies. I will definately ask about using the ligament for the vaginal cuff. I just don't understand why now at 8 weeks post op it is bothering me so bad.

Anybody else have any insight or stories to share?
Unread 01-28-2008, 11:21 PM

Oh my, I thought I was the only one...I work from home and I am 4 months post op. Everytime I sit at my desk in my home office, my tail bone hurts. I had my DH bring a chair from my master bedroom (it's a low slipper type chair and very comfortable) into my office. If I had to work in an office I would be in deep trouble.

I guess I should be asking my GP about this...
Unread 01-29-2008, 06:52 PM

Summer1234,
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one but I hate hearing you still hurt at 4 months. Do you notice anything that makes it better or worse?
Unread 01-29-2008, 08:14 PM

My tailbone hurts when I sit in my home office chair. I even added another cushion for comfort. I sit in my low chair during work and that usually helps. I have a daybed in my office and sometimes if the pain gets bad, I sit on the bed.

Using the heating pad help too.
Unread 01-29-2008, 09:07 PM

well... I thought it was only me. I too have tailbone pain at times I am 7 weeks post op. Extra strength tylenol seems to help. If it keeps recurring. Im going to make an appt. with my GP. she will probably order some x rays.I will then let you ladies know how it turnd out

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register