Well meaning well wishers the night before surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Well meaning well wishers the night before surgery Well meaning well wishers the night before surgery

Unread 01-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Well meaning well wishers the night before surgery

I am going to the castle tomorrow morning. I have to be there at 6:45. I am trying to do everything I can tonight to stay relaxed and calm. If I feel myself getting nervous, I close my eyes and take several deep breaths. It seems to work.
And then....phone call after phone call after phone call. I love my family and my friends and I know they all want to wish me luck. I'm very lucky to have that. But if one more person calls (as my phone is ringing again) to ask me if I am getting nervous I am going to scream.
Okay I've vented and I'm fine now. Back to my deep breathing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2008, 05:19 PM

Hi

Do you have an answering machine? Sometimes it's best to screen our calls

You know, you can't answer the phone if you are taking a nice long relaxing bath

Your right, your friends do mean well, and they just don't know how else to show you they care.

s and Best Wishes to you,
Kay
Unread 01-28-2008, 06:18 PM

Good luck tomorrow and I agree with Kay ......... turn on the answering machine and just play the messages back when your home from the castle.

My thoughts are with you tomorrow and cheers to a great recover!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2008, 07:38 PM

I guess you wouldn't mind the calls so much if they didn't keep asking about being nervous! Thanks but no thanks!

One thing I did do starting the weekend before and the days to follow was make a list of all the "angels" who called, visited, brought stuff, took me out, etc. I look back now - and it hasn't been that long and I'm amazed at how many kindnesses came my way - some that I had even forgotten.

I hope many kindnesses come your way - I'm sending you warm thoughts from up North.

Tracy
Unread 01-28-2008, 08:19 PM

Its really nice to be loved but I could imagine that phone calls the night before surgery would be a bit 'much'. I think the day before surgery that I'm going to change my answering machine message to say "thank you SO much for calling. I really DO appreciate it, but I can't talk to you right now as I'm trying my best to rest so that everything goes fantastic. After all, I want to be at my BEST the next time we do get to talk. Love ya !"
Unread 01-28-2008, 08:38 PM

Ah, just be happy that you have friends and family calling to check in.

I had my surgery a year and a half ago. I have a small immediate family (large extended, but they had no clue about this). No one called me prior to surgery. I also received very little post surgery calls or emails.

I would have loved to have had some attention. So, my words to you...enjoy they fact that you had folks concerned enough to call.
Unread 01-28-2008, 08:53 PM

Good luck tomorrow, Muffin. In 24 hours, you'll be through the worst and focused on healing. Please check in on the post-op boards when you feel up to it.
Unread 01-29-2008, 02:38 AM

Thank you all for you well wishes. It's 4:15 am and I just can't sleep anymore. I'm still feeling really calm. A co-worker of my husbands sent home a Reiki bear that has been treated with Reiki by a Reiki Master. To activate the Reiki, I had to state the kind of healing I wanted. I held the bear tight, closed my eyes, took several deep breaths, and asked for a feeling of peace and calmness from that moment up until the time I am wheeled into the OR. I will hug my Reiki bear all the way to the hospital while listening to a guided imagery cd for stress and anxiety. Whatever it takes to go into this with a positive attitude.
Thanks again everyone. Good luck to all of you still waiting.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register