Hello I am having a Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hello I am having a Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy Hello I am having a Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy

Unread 01-29-2008, 06:29 AM
Hello I am having a Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy

Hi I am Lisa I am 34 Years of Age Tommorow I am going to the Hospital to have a Laparoscopic Supacervical Hysterectory done I am having this done because for too many Years now I have had Heavy Bleeding durning My Period I tried the Birth Control Pills for 5 Months this Month was the Fifth Month when I got My Period this Month it went on for about 4 Weeks Total I ended up going to My Doctor getting a Biospy and Blood Work done and also got a Prescription for Prometrium 200 Mgs to stop the Bleeding which finally stopped Three Days ago which I am glad of I was wondering what to excpet after this Surgery is done I hae Read so much about this Topic its hard know what to believe and what not to I hope that Somebody Here can assit Me Thank You and Take Care.

Lisa-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2008, 07:53 AM

Lisa! You have come to the right place to get all sorts of info on a variety of topics. I am now 6 weeks post TLH and am feeling so much better.

I actually had a uterine ablation done in Jan 2007, and since then hadn't really had any bleeding issues. In sept of this year I started having pain on my right side which I thought was an ovarian cyst, ended up with a complication from the ablation--- cervical stenosis with fluid in the uterus and found myself having a D&C. Only to have the pain return and became more intensified. So much that I couldn't sleep at night and spent so much time on the couch. I found myself scheduled for a TLH less than 3 weeks later. All I knew at that point was I wanted the pain to be over, I didn't care how.

My surgery went well, I was home the next day. The common issues I shared with everyone was.... gas.... lots of it. Constipation became another factor....... I was transitioned from prescription pain meds to motrin within 3 days. ( I used the prescription pain meds more at night). Though everyone is very different on their needs and pain tolerances. My doctor has had me off for 6 weeks to recover, I go see her tomorrow.

The main thing I wish I knew before surgery was that even if you keep your ovaries, you may have a period of time that you may experience hot flashes, night sweats, cold flashes and mood swings. I thought it had to be in my head since I still have my ovaries, but my doc said that they do go into shock from the manipulation and you have to give them time to recover.

I wish you the best tomorrow and a speedy recovery!
Unread 01-29-2008, 08:04 AM
Hi

I had a LSH done on Jan14 because I had fibroids and suffered from long heavy periods fro at least 3 years and I was anemic. The operation is amazing. I have 4 little insitions. The biggest one is on my lower left side. That is the most painfull part. It kinda feels like pulling or burning. I was sent home with oxecontines and 800mg. ibeprophine and it has really helped. I am only taking the Ibeprophine now. The gas was a problem for about 3 days for me. It is truly amazing what can be done today. Good luck to you and God Bless.Denise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2008, 11:06 AM

Hi Lisa,

I also had a LSH. It is still one of the best things I ever did for my long term health!!

After my hyst, I got lots of R & R the first two weeks post-op and I went back to work with my Dr's okay at the 2 week mark. I got a greenlight for all activities like sex and the gym at 6 weeks.

Sending best wishes~

Mary
Unread 01-29-2008, 04:51 PM

Hi Lisa!

I had the LSH six weeks ago tomorrow, and I'm feeling GREAT. I dealt with similar issues to those you're having--added to a family history of ovarian cancer. I had a diagnostic laparoscopy and a D&C in October because I'd been bleeding for two months straight with serious clot-passing.

Following that lap procedure, the doctor wanted the hysterectomy because of fibroids and because he found that my left ovary had been completely taken over by a large tumor.

I wouldn't change a thing about my surgery--it was successful, and now I'm fibroid and tumor free! The worst part of the physical recovery for me was constipation. The worst part mentally was waiting on pathology results on that tumor. I was so worried about cancer since my grandmother died of ovarian cancer.

I have three incisions: the biggest and most painful was one that had to be enlarged in order to remove that tumor intact. Even that wasn't that bad.

I was back to work at 2 weeks and even cleared for other activities. I have my six-week post-op this Thursday.

You'll do great!!
MJ
Unread 01-29-2008, 05:35 PM

I also had an LSH/BSO back in September. I had surgery on a Friday (am) and was out of the outpatient center by 2 (would have been noon, but I couldn't pee pee - ugh...) A little sore the first two days -- went the movies the day after with no problem, but pretty tired. No pain killers after the first night. I stayed home the next week, then returned to work (teaching) the following Monday. No problems at all, except getting hormones straight and having headaches, but that's almost good now
All the best!
Unread 01-29-2008, 06:53 PM

Oh! I forgot to include something very important! I got to come home the same day. :-)

I had the surgery first thing in the morning, about 6:30-7 and was home shortly after three in the afternoon.

MJ
Unread 02-01-2008, 08:40 PM

Lisa,
I hope that you are home now and on your way to recovery. I had an LSH on Jan 11 and I am feeling pretty good. I do not have any pain unless I do too much and I am back to work half-days for a week now.

My doctor has cleared me for all activities excluding sex - he said 4 weeks for that. I have decided to have half-days for at least another week and no lifting until 6 weeks.

My worst recovery issue was not being able to sleep in the bed. I overcame that at 2 weeks and sleep so much better in the bed than in the recliner.

The gas was a little icky but with small trips of walking, that broke up pretty easily. As far as constipation, ask your dr. about miralax. I took it the first 3 post-op days and have not had an issue since.

Best wishes and do not forget to pamper the princess

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register