Don't do what I just did | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Don't do what I just did Don't do what I just did

Unread 01-29-2008, 01:24 PM
Don't do what I just did

I could not stand it! I vacuumed
We were suppose to have a housekeeper come today, but she had too many houses to clean. A co worker of my husbands (she cleans his house) sent her to our house last week, but we were at the hospital with my son. It has been over a month and with 3 dogs and living in the desert I just could not cope looking at the floor. I only did the living room and part of our bedroom.

So far I have had a fairly easy recovery (knock on wood). Now I am going to be a wreck until next friday at my 6 week appt.

How much damage could I have really done @ 4.5 weeks?
I could just scream at myself now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2008, 01:53 PM
Don't do what I just did

you know I have no idea what kinda damage you could have done but I do understand what drove you to it!!!I got so upset today I almost drove to the store and its just 3 days since surgery. dont beat yourself up just breath and just think if they ruin the carpet you can get new or some pergo wood flooring thats better with dog's!! (just trying to be funny) take care hope you feel better and pray no damage done just lesson learned.
Unread 01-29-2008, 02:00 PM
Don't do what I just did

Thanks for the giggle! I needed it. Hmmm new floor GREAT idea
I figure that at least I won't have to do it again before I am released since it had been 6 weeks since it had been done LOL. Yes I will pray that I didn't do any damage. Lesson learned

Don't drive! Put the keys down, and step away from the door. LOL! I know it is tough to be grounded. Be more patient than I was about the vacuum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2008, 02:34 PM
Don't do what I just did

If you aren't hurting, chances are you didn't do any damage. But from now until your doctor tells you it's ok, let someone else do the vacuuming.
Unread 01-29-2008, 03:38 PM
Don't do what I just did

Hmmm, you may be feeling it tomorrow.

I was around week 3 when I got overconfident and starting messing with laundry. I sure felt it the next day!

Hope you are okay!
Unread 01-29-2008, 04:05 PM
Don't do what I just did

LuvMyABs,

Three smacks with a handful of wet spaghetti!!
I know that I've seen you B4 and I'm thinking that
MAYBE I told you B4 your hyster to !
I probably said "When you start feeling better, REST SOME MORE!"

As Catherine said, you probably didn't hurt yourself.
But, as Lysippe said, you may be sore tomorrow.
I take it personally when hystersisters don't heed my warnings.
I sentence you to two hours in bed watching TV.

Now,
Unread 01-29-2008, 04:25 PM
Don't do what I just did

when asked to vacuum, DH said "i did vacuum", I said that was 4 weeks ago. he just looked at me blankly...

If the dust bunnies don't attack...

FWIW, I vacuumed the worst room, but I have a very lightweight vacuum.
Unread 01-29-2008, 04:59 PM
Don't do what I just did

My DH was an absolute gem and wouldn't let me do anything remotely heavy for six weeks. However, if something came up while he was at work, there was no-one else to deal with it - and on one occasion, (midway through week 4 IIRC) something did come up, and I mean literally. Those with pets will know exactly what I'm on about. There it was on the carpet after lunch and DH wasn't due home till 6. . .you get the picture. So with some complaining and a generous sprinkling of bad words, I grabbed a Jeyes and some newspaper and cleaned it up. Then I spent the rest of the afternoon in bed, feeling as if I'd been kicked by a horse.

Needless to say, the guilty party spent the afternoon on the bed purring rapturously at me. He's lucky I love him so much.

Sharon
Unread 01-29-2008, 05:03 PM
Don't do what I just did

My dr. said I could vacuum & mop, etc. but I'm honestly afraid to cuz my tummy is still so sore most of the time. By the time I get home from work, all I want to do is REST w/all my pillows!

The dust bunnies are attacking for sure, but my family has been very helpful.
Unread 01-29-2008, 07:16 PM
Don't do what I just did

Thank You Sisters for the support.

Catherine... I will have someone else do it next time. The guilt is killing me.

capemay....I deserve the 3 smacks with a handful of spaghetti. I will rest from now on. At least give the vacuum a rest LOL. I will also take my punishment and spend 2 hrs in bed.

Lysippe...I am not really hurting at the moment. Hopefully tomorrow I won't either. Then I won't feel so guilty for disobeying.

bluekitty.... I got the crazy look when he came in and the vacuum was out! Well I did say "if someone doesn't vacuum soon, I am gonna do it myself". That was 3 minutes prior to me getting the vacuum out LOL. I think he is afraid to argue with me right now. I could tell you the story about the dust bunny that attacked me, it was horrible! But I don't want to scare anyone into vacuuming

Darlington...LOL at the generous sprinkling of bad words. Yeah sometimes ya gotta do it. Lucky kitty

supportneeded....So sorry you are still so sore. Hope that changes for you soon. I feel very blessed and lucky that my pain has been very minimal for the past 2.5 weeks.

My family has been great helping, but somehow the floor got overlooked. Between my sons 8 days in the hospital, and DH doing chemo 1x a week we all suck LOL!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register