Big update... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Big update... Big update...

Unread 01-29-2008, 05:39 PM
Big update...

Hi everyone and thank you again for all your kind words, support, and prayers, they mean the world to me.

I saw my family doctor on Monday and she said she was going to talk with my ob/gyn personally regarding my symptoms and set up a pre-surg consult.

Today at 9:00am I recieved a personal call from her (that's always good news ) and she said after he read the CT report and spoke with her he wanted me to come right in and that I might have surgery today. I had to tell my boss and then leave, it was crazy. I picked my dh up and we went in, they did an abdominal followed by a transvag u/s. Then I saw the doctor. He said it was quite unusual.

My cystic mass that was 6X4X4cm that had at some point in the last two weeks ruptured, but there was still an unusual 2X2X2cm mass in the same spot. He said he was amazed with the size and complexity of it that I didn't come in to the ER when it ruptured. I said with the fibroid problems that caused the hysterectomy my pain tolerance is quite high. He was also concerned that the bloating, frequent urination, pain, and bowel problems were still present.

He said he was available to do surgery with the gyn/onc on Thursday morning or he could take it out today. I opted for Thursday morning so I can get my ducks in a row here. I am hoping the biopsy comes back benign and that he will be able to do a laparoscopy vs. a laparotomy but we won't have the answers to those questions until Thursday.

I will be on tomorrow and then probably not until next week. I just wanted to let everyone know what was going on and ask for prayer and happy thoughts.

Thank you my faithful sisters, it has been a long road so far. You have all been so brave and kind and positive. I can't say enough how thankful I am for this site and once I get my deductable paid (they just called to inform me I have to pay up front...yikes!) I plan to send hystersisters a nice donation.

Big Hugs to all...

Jen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2008, 05:48 PM
Big update...

Hi Jen,

I promise to keep you in my prayers. You're doing all the right things, and sound like you're in the right frame of mind. That's the best way to go in. I look forward to hearing from you after to know how you're doing. Peace to you.

Unread 01-29-2008, 06:00 PM
Big update...

Jen , my thoughts and prayers will also be with you ... With the positive thoughts that you have going in I'm sure you will do just fine....

Where in Michigan are you? I'm on the west side near Muskegon...

Okay hears hoping to hear from you soon GOOD LUCK !!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Big update...

That is awesome news! So glad that you are getting things done quickly! Please update us as soon as you can!~
Pam
Unread 01-29-2008, 08:28 PM
Big update...

s Bookah! Man, things move so quickly over there!

I'm glad things are moving along quickly. Soon you will know exactly what you are dealing with!

I hope all goes well and I will be looking forward to hearing from you as soon as you are able.

Trust in your higher power that all will be well.

xoxo
k9
Unread 01-29-2008, 10:00 PM
Way to get the ball rolling

You can do this. I think you made an excellent decision to wait and have the gyn/onc there at surgery. It is nice to have everything ready to go. Let us know what they find and how you are doing. Lots of caring ladies here.
Unread 01-30-2008, 01:05 AM
Big update...

Got you on my prayer list! Please keep us posted....

Aloha,
Kerry
Unread 01-30-2008, 03:40 AM
Big update...

Glad to hear they are moving quickly and you will have gyn/onc present. Good decision.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Sending good vibes your way!
Unread 01-30-2008, 05:35 AM
Big update...

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Take care and let us know how you are feeling soon. Just take your recovery one day at a time and you'll do great. Tamara

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register