please help...so bored | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

please help...so bored please help...so bored

Unread 01-29-2008, 08:18 PM
please help...so bored

I am so sorry to whine about something so minor compared to what others are going through. I am down to ibprofin for pain control on day 7 and my mind is getting clearer. I sit all day trying to find a new hobbie or interest and can't find one. I start reexamining my life...should I go into nursing...should I pull my oldest out of private into public schools? The good news is that I am watching romance videos and I think my libido hasn't changed too drastic so that is a good sign. I am one that needs to keep really busy or I start stressing. Any advice, suggestions? I know that I am being plain stupid here. Anyone else feel cabin fever? Want a change of scenery? Please let me know if anyone has any great ideas or just want to tell me how they are doing good or bad and how they are surviving/coping good or bad. I would appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2008, 10:28 PM
please help...so bored

do you enjoy reading ? I do a book swap (www.paperbackswap.com) and it's nice to get new reads

Do you knit or crochete ? I do both, so I found it a nice time to get some work done AND get reading done

Hope you find some busy work soon !
Unread 01-29-2008, 10:34 PM
please help...so bored

Bless Your Heart! You have it too I see! I read magazines and watch TV Land reruns! If I'm really lucky I will get interested in a Lifetime Movie! I have started walking around some outside if it's weather permitting but I'm very careful. I've had two showers today
I feel like my husband and all my family are tired of hearing me talk about my aches and pains.
Those Find A Word puzzles are helpful if your in the mood for them. I will be praying for you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2008, 11:16 PM
please help...so bored

Hi kettlecorn,

Darn cabin fever will get you everytime. Come pass the time of day on the games forum on this site. Some really nice ladies can be found and many friendships to be made.

Take care...........Karen
Unread 01-30-2008, 01:21 AM
please help...so bored

If you have a laptop you can drag into bed with you, try solitare. It is on most computers. I never was a fan of solitare but tried it this summer to help with lingering brain fog and concentration problems and it really seemed to help. If you are feeling weepy stay away from the Lifetime movie network. That was my downfall. Enjoy your downtime it will be over before you know it. The easier you are on yourself now, the better you will feel later!
Unread 01-30-2008, 02:13 AM
please help...so bored

I was lucky at the stage you are now, because my Mum was here and my DH didn't go back to work till around the second week. However, I couldn't go out till the stitches were removed and I was bored, bored, bored. Even once I could go out, I had to ration myself and felt like Cinderella, except instead of the spell breaking, my twinges would suddenly turn downright nasty and I'd be so tired, I'd be asleep on my feet. My work supervisor, who had been through a Caesarean when her son was born said that when the doctors say you need six weeks, they mean every day of it and she was right. Weeks 4-5 were especially hard - I was trying to get myself off the heavier painkillers, but the only moderate exertion I could manage was walking. I wasn't sleeping well and was having a lot of discomfort well into my sixth week.

I can only commiserate, agree with what other people have said (cabin fever isn't fun) and suggest, as they have, books, puzzles, online games (I use a jigsaw site) hobbies, bulletin boards about hobbies, DVDs and being very selective about the TV you watch, because some of it will make you feel even more fed up with yourself. A lot of the UK's daytime output is so awful, (especially on the terrestrial channels) people go to work to get away from it.

Do you cook? You won't be fit enough to do any at the moment, but you could get someone to get your cookbooks out for you and have a fun afternoon browsing through them, thinking about what to make when you are better. There are also loads of foodie websites around with some lovely ideas.
Unread 01-30-2008, 04:27 AM
please help...so bored

if you do have a laptop i go to the big fish games they have all kinds of games all have a 60 minute trial,,i am a member so i usually end up buying some,but you dont have to ,they have so many games i am addicted to the hidden object games where you find items in the picture on the list,,totally addictive,,i have played every hidden object game they have..there are a few other sites for free games ..well 60 min.trial ,,thought i would read books,,didnt,,do word search books ..didnt..,or play the playstation/360,didnt ..even though i had a wonderful recovery didnt take any pain pills after my first day home,,i have some tv shows i watch,,now that i can get out its a little better,going to repaint rooms ..giving the place a new look,going back to work part time,at a job i had before my last,,mine other job has no light duty,you have to lift 50 plus lbs,,not taking the chance of messing myself up..but i will have to go back to a full time job eventually..
Unread 01-30-2008, 04:35 AM
please help...so bored

Hi there!
I too am having AWFUL cabin fever! I am not quite 2 weeks out yet, but think I am gonna lose my mind!
One thing that helped pass a little time for me - I had my hubby bring home a few small boxes, and spent two days organizing all of my old photos! What a joy it was going thru all of them! I marked the boxes as to what was in them and will be ready to go buy some really pretty photo albums to put them in when I feel better! My poor hubby asked me " Why don't I just go buy some photo albums for you?"!! O.k. - RIGHT!! Send a man to buy "pretty" photo albums!!! Plus, it gives me something to look forward to!
Other than that, I too have become victim to the TV...but I am going to take Darlington's advise with the cookbooks.Hope that helps!
Anyhow, try to keep your spirits up...believe me, I know it's hard!Keep us posted with any other ideas!!
Igachick....aka Leslie
Unread 01-30-2008, 06:00 AM
please help...so bored

Hi,

I subscribed to Netflix while I was recovering.(Netflix and blockbuster both have free two week trials so if you time it right, it's really inexpensive). Netflix has old movies as well as new ones and old tv shows too. I like that once I rated movies that I had seen before, it suggested similar movies that I might like. I was never a big movie fan but I've enjoyed most of the ones they recommended. It's also been a nice treat for my husband. He's worked so hard doing all my work and his, and he's enjoyed having movies to watch most nights. They mail them out very quickly too. They also let you watch a lot of shows right on your computer for immediate download.

I am usually a big reader but somehow, I didn't read that much while I was recovering. I did love the recorded books on my IPOD though. I listened to them while I walked and it helped encourage me to walk more than I might have otherwise. My husband usually took me to the park each day and it also helped having a change of scenery for my walk too.
Unread 01-30-2008, 06:13 AM
please help...so bored

well this morning i am coloring my hair,,a different shade,,not a drastic one and going to put highlights in it,,went shopping and the reduced stuff is so cheap got 7 tops at macy's for 32 dollars,,this is my new year,,so i need to give myself a make over as a treat to me,,,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register