please help...so bored - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

please help...so bored please help...so bored

Unread 01-30-2008, 06:19 AM
please help...so bored

I'm actually going htrough some old photos myself right now! Re organizing. I scrapbook, so I setup a few basic supplies and a small table next to me. I've been busy making handmade cards for every occasion. I'm just at my 3 week mark, and just now able to drive, I have no interest in doing that as of yet! I have back spasms still from a car accident I had 12 hrs before my surgery.
My DH isn't supportiv at all here so I have to be creative in order t bock him out and all th mess around me!
Hugs,

Michelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2008, 11:47 AM
please help...so bored

Holy cow ladies!! Thank you so much. I am going to do and check out everything everyone suggested. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I do have a friend coming over to visit me any moment and after she leaves I am going to study everyone's comments and suggestions. I was naughty today and wiped down the kitchen table and chairs. That was driving me nuts. My husband is at work today...the first time in a week and I am down stairs for the first time longer than a few minutes and noticing things. I promise after my friend leaves that I will go back upstairs and watch television or take a nap. I slept really well last night and feel alot better today. I had just gotten out of surgery and the nurses were fussing over me this time last week. Thanks again everyone who cares so much.
Unread 01-30-2008, 12:49 PM
please help...so bored

hang in there it gets better,keep your spirits up,,doing some light housework does not hurt,,i think it helps,,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2008, 01:41 PM
please help...so bored

Yeh, Spyro!!!
igachick...aka Leslie
Unread 01-30-2008, 01:49 PM
please help...so bored

not that i was in alot of pain,,i wasnt but found myself on the couch all day watching tv ect. finally i decided the sooner i started doing some light housework stuff the sooner i would build myself back up,to what i was,,it all depends on the person,,i am not one to sit around did not do anything heavy,,but got out of the house ,,drove,,,did light house cleaning,,and chased my cats around the house for various crimes they commited,,not that it did any good they just look at me and do what they want anyway,,they are spoiled,,(i am one of those crazy people that spend money on things like a electric filtered drinking fountian for them,,when i am sure if the toilet seat was left up they would rather drink from there,,thank god we all make sure they are closed
Unread 01-30-2008, 02:57 PM
Bored?

Yes - I have to admit, that I did not sequester myself to the bedroom after the first week. Doing light housework was very therapuetic. Even cleaning out a drawer is good (but leave the drawer in place, don't lift it out). I caught up quicken, did the filing and all the "light" stuff I usually do. I got out a baby blanket I have been crocheting for 8 years and did some work on that when I was still in TV mode. Do not watch HGTV, otherwise you will want to do so much. I had someone lift my sewing machine onto the basement table and I have resumed some sewing projects. I was going to go through photos too, but did not prep my boxes before surgery, so that will need to wait. On line shopping!!!! - were there any catalogs you held on to just in case...? now is the time to go through them!

Also - if there are people or other correspondence you have been meaning to write, now is a great time. I did research on the net too to find where to take an old computer. (DH still needs to load it in the car for me, the place I am taking it will lift it out!)

Blessings!
Unread 01-30-2008, 04:50 PM
please help...so bored

I truly understand the boredom. I was so exhausted and lost patience with TV. Initially I did not have the umph to read although I am an avid reader. So I decided that my personal files needed to be cleaned out. It one of those task that you never have time for and usually don't want to find time for. However, it is keeping my mind occupied and I love seeing the progress.

Good luck.
Unread 01-30-2008, 05:44 PM
please help...so bored

Hey Ladies,

I a SOOOOO with you. I have hit the stage where I look good on the outside, but know I am still healing on the inside. I am getting stir crazy and it is too cold to go outside. Today I changed the sheets on the bed, which was an all day project. I have been reading, playing my DS games and watching way too much TV. Lots of Discovery Health, and home inprovement shows. I just keep telling myself must heal well, must heal well. I also have been spending alot of time surfing this site. My DD's keep asking if I know everyone on the site, and if I am making new friends.
I just said yep lots of new friends that I will never see in person.

KJ

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register