Silly, but Major Milestones | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Silly, but Major Milestones Silly, but Major Milestones

Unread 01-30-2008, 05:20 AM
Silly, but Major Milestones

Hi Again to all!
Sorry I have not posted in a while, but our internet was down. This is a silly post, but had to do it!
Since my Castle visit on the 18th, I really thought I would live the rest of my life as a vegetable.Oh, the PAIN! I have done NOTHING but rest (really a good thing), and felt I was slowly losing my mind and life.Now, I realize it hasn't even been two weeks yet, but going from someone who worked 40+ hrs a week, taking care of a large family,yadaa yadaa, to a VEGETABLE has been somewhat tramatic!
I woke up this morning realizing that I have begun traveling the long, winding road to recovery.How do I know this?
- when you can finally go to the bathroom WITHOUT holding on to everything in sight to get up or down...
- when you can actually hold a conversation WITHOUT yelling....
- when you can take the phone call from a dear friend and tell them "I'm really doing O.K."and MEAN IT....
- when you wake up NOT having to reach for the pain meds BEFORE you kiss your DH good morning...
- when you can watch an entire Lifetime movie without dozing off....
- when you finally can sleep in your own bed....
- when you can turn over in that big comfy bed WITHOUT the aid of every stable piece of furniture or even worse, your poor DH who is desperate for uninterupted sleep...
- and my personal fav...
- when you can FINALLY expierience the joy of an appetite without feeling ill afterward!
I have reached all of these milestones! I am sooo proud! I realize I have MANY more milestones to reach in my travels, but have the faith that I will...
one baby step at a time!
Igachick...aka Leslie
-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2008, 05:30 AM

Oh..
Forgot a couple..
- when you can finally laugh a little WITHOUT felling like your inside were gonna come busting out...
- when you can let your sweet kittie (with the aid of a pillow) FINALLY curl up on your lap for some much needed attention...
Thats it for now...I'm sure I'll have more in a couple of weeks, but will rejoice in these little things for now...
Unread 01-30-2008, 05:33 AM

Woohooo

Those things are GREAT. I remember how great it felt to finally reach that point!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2008, 06:22 AM

I have it some of these but not all.

I will really get where I do not grap everyting in sight to get off the toilet? I can not wait for that day since I have already ripped the towel bar out of the wall.
Unread 01-30-2008, 07:29 AM

I loved you list!! I've reached several of them also, YAHOO! I can't wait for the day when I am not dizzy anymore, I'm only one week out but my head feels like it's in a fog and my eyes can't focus and the room spins a bit. Hopefully soon!
Unread 01-30-2008, 07:40 AM

Congrats on your milestones IGA!!

I can relate to it the sedentary state being traumatic. I was really feeling so traumatized yesterday...even started crying for lack of something better to do.

I didn't realize how blessed I was. Some of those came quite early although some are still to come. I too am looking forward to cuddling with my pet, a mini australian shepard soon. He is my cuddle bug, but hasn't been able to sit still since my surgery. He just moves protectively from one side to the other and tries to do it over the middle.

I am jealous that you do not have to sleep on your back anymore. I am having a devil of a time sleeping on my back. My friends told me that as soon as I can sleep on my side without it hurting I could put a pillow between my legs and do it....they were wrong. I woke up nauseous in the middle of the night and felt horrible most of yesterday until my guts settled back into where they had previously been. Not worth the couple hours of good sleep I got. I can't wait until I can actually sleep on my stomach again..then I will be in heaven.

Blessings,
Desertwind

TAH, Jan 18th
Unread 01-30-2008, 10:03 AM

What a wonderful list, and an awesome attitiude! You will all get there, "little baby steps" at a time, and before you even realize it you will be out running errands, going to the gym, playing with your furry friends... and poof! your life is back!! Good luck and happy healing!!!
Unread 01-30-2008, 12:01 PM

Yay IGAChick! I love your list of milestones. I've reached most of them and I know the joy you're feeling!

I have invented this sort of surface laugh that I can't wait to get rid of. I'm looking forward to my first real belly laugh! We've all been watching our share of tv, right? Well there's a few commercials out there that just get me going. Painful! I saw one of them a few minutes ago. It's an add for Kohler plumbing stuff. This guy sees a gorgeous plummer going into the house next door and decides to try to plug up his toilet with anything in sight so that he can call this plummer over. He's throwing candles and travel size shampoos and everything else down the toilet, but the toilet is just swallowing everything up. Then his wife pokes her head into the bathroom to see him pouring a 40 pound bag of dogfood down the toilet, and the look on this guys face is just priceless. Hurt myself a little on that one!

Bring on the next milestones!
L.
Unread 01-30-2008, 12:42 PM

Yes, I saw that one!!! Laughed and then had to leave the room cause it hurt so bad!!
Anyhow, I just have to remember that this too, shall pass! I am trying to find the good in every day, not just the bad. When I feel like I can't live like this, I try to imagine a life without the pain, and a life without the constant worry if I am going to get thru a day without the bleeding thru, and a REAL life.
Today, it was being able to watch 2 ENTIRE movies, without the pain taking over or nodding off!!
I hope that I can live my life the way God intented...and to savor EVERY LITTLE MOMENT...no matter how small.
I hope everyone can learn to see the joy in every moment.. and not focus on the bad...
this too, shall pass!( I hope!!)
Igachick...aka Leslie
Unread 01-30-2008, 01:20 PM

Not silly! That is great! Keep up the good work igachick

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register