Granulation / Polyp | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Granulation / Polyp Granulation / Polyp

Unread 01-30-2008, 11:54 PM
Granulation / Polyp

The biopsy on the fallopian tube vs granulation came back. The Pathologist felt it was a cervical cuff / vaginal polyp. The dr still felt it was granulation.

So, yesterday I went in to have it removed at the doctor's office. Things went bad. Apparently the stem was vascular and the bleeding wouldn't stop. I was bleeding out and bleeding so heavy it was everywhere.

I ended up with the nurse driving me in my car and meeting the doctor there for emergency surgery to stop the bleeding. I was admitted, had surgery and got to come home this afternoon.

Scared the bejebbers out of me! What a nightmare that was.

Very sore and several stitches. Lets hope its the end of a very long healing process since my hysterectomy.

The doctor says if I feel well I can go to work tomorrow. My BF and co-workers and supervisor told me to stay home and
rest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2008, 07:21 AM
Granulation / Polyp

(((jovigal)))
Oh, that sounds like it would have been a little frightening. I'm glad you're through with that. It's a good thing you stayed home today. Make sure everything is ok. You went through a lot yesterday.

Keep us posted on your recovery. I hope this is the end of the excitement for you .
's, Rita
Unread 01-31-2008, 09:34 AM
Granulation / Polyp

OMG Big to you! I can not imagine how very stressful that was for you. Take it easy and get some rest.

Best Wishes in your recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2008, 05:14 PM
Granulation / Polyp

Oh no! You poor thing! My Dr thinks I have the prolapsed tube too. Someone here suggested I ask him for a biopsy and I was going to do that but it sounds like it didn't help you much!!

I hope this is the last complicaiton for you and moving forward it is nothing but happy healing!!

Starbgirl
Unread 02-04-2008, 10:26 PM
Granulation / Polyp

Okay, here is the latest and hopefully the end of the trouble. My biopsy came back granulation (the doctor said the pathologist thought it was a polyp). Late last Tues was my appt with the dr to have the granulation removed.

Well, long story short, the stem on the granulation was more vascular than the dr expected and he couldn't get the bleeding stopped. I was bleeding out. I ended up with the nurse driving me to the emergency room in my car and meeting the dr at the hospital.

Within a half hour, I was in surgery to stop the bleeding. After an overnight stay, I was able to come home the next day. I have a follow-up next Tues to see if the stitches have healed. AND HE BETTER NOT HURT ME AGAIN! I HAVE HAD ENOUGH PAIN DOWN THERE TO LAST ME A LIFETIME!!!!!

I was soooo scared. I was crying and tired and in pain.

Lets hope its the end of all the trouble. I am still sore and very tired. And on top of everything, I now have the flu.
Unread 02-05-2008, 06:56 AM
Granulation / Polyp

(((Kathy)))
Thanks for letting us know what they found and how you're doing. I'm glad it was just granulation. With one more week to heal, this next exam should go much better.

You're poor little body has been through a lot in the last few months. Take it easy and let everything heal. Don't forget to
's, Rita
Unread 02-06-2008, 12:32 AM
Granulation / Polyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by preciouspearl
(((Kathy)))
Thanks for letting us know what they found and how you're doing. I'm glad it was just granulation. With one more week to heal, this next exam should go much better.

You're poor little body has been through a lot in the last few months. Take it easy and let everything heal. Don't forget to
's, Rita
Thank you Rita. I am sooo tired. I think my body is tired. So is my mind.

Good news is the doctor is weaning me off the Premarin to see if my ovaries are working. Only two more days and I am done. So far so good. I figured they had started functioning again. I felt the PMS around September... LOL

I miss my sister's here. I work nine hours a day and I just am so tired by the time I get home that I am rarely on the computer.

Hugs to all of you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register