Short Hospital Stay, or should I say NONE! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Short Hospital Stay, or should I say NONE! Short Hospital Stay, or should I say NONE!

Unread 01-31-2008, 12:25 PM
Short Hospital Stay, or should I say NONE!

I am mananging. It has not been easy. I have lived on Aleeve. I go back to the doctor on 2/5/08. I have a call into the doctor. I am awaiting a return call. When they took the cath out the nurse just reached under the covers and said take a deep breath. That was it. So as far as packing, I guess I probably still have it. Could explain a lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2008, 01:08 PM

Something is 100 percent wrong here. I feel that way because I had my TVH the same day as you. I was there 48 hrs and I had my packing taken out at around 24 hrs and I knew they took it out, I mean I for sure felt it. When I was released I was given plenty of pain meds and instructions. I had my cathater taken out 6 days post op. You need to call your Dr and find out what is going on. If you don't get answers go straight to the ER. Let us know what happens. You should not be treted like this ever.
Unread 01-31-2008, 03:33 PM

If you still have the packing I would be worried that you might have an infection. This is so scary. I did not feel a lot of pain or much of anything when the packing was removed because I had duramorph in my spinal which is suppose to keep you painfree and kinda numb down there for about 30 hours. The packing was removed at about 18 hours or so post op.

Please keep us informed as I know that I am very, very worried about your health.

Kay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2008, 03:38 PM

I am going to see the doctor tomorrow. I will let everyone know.
Thank you all for your kind words and advice. I am so glad that A friend of mine told me about this site.
Unread 01-31-2008, 04:11 PM

i hope you feel better soon and get some answers. i wouldnt have left the hospital without speaking to my dr and getting prescriptions if it were me. you have rights as a patient and it doesnt sound like you were treated very nicely.
Unread 01-31-2008, 05:36 PM

Good luck tomorrow, I hope the appointment is early and that the packing is not in there. It makes me sad that you had suck crappy care. Is someone going with you? If so, have them be ready to really give it to the Dr. if the packing is there because you won't be feeling very good. Then make sure they get you pain meds, even if it's just 800mg of Motrin. My prayers are with you.
Unread 01-31-2008, 07:37 PM

I did ask for prescriptions, I was told to take Aleeve. Which I take about 3 sometimes 4 at a time. The bottle says take 1 every 12 hours. Anyway, the doctor did come in and flew out. It was horrible. I think I was in shock at the way I was treated and at the time I had no family there except my daughter. Hopefully, after tomorrow I will have some answers. You bet if I still have some packing inside of me, I am going to FLIP OUT!
Unread 01-31-2008, 08:13 PM

I am so sorry you are not doing well and I hope you get some information and help tomorrow. Please tell your doctor about the amount of Aleve you are taking -- that amount could be dangerous.

in there and don't hesitate to go to ER if needed! Let us know how things go tomorrow! S
Unread 01-31-2008, 08:13 PM

Oh my gosh. I can't believe how you have been treated! You should have had the packing out at the same time as the catheter. It did feel like a stuffed feeling while it was in me (I had LAVH on 1/22/08) and I felt relieved when it was gone (it didn't hurt taking it out). And you for sure should have been given a prescription for pain. I was prescribed Percoset and Motrin. And you should have gotten specific instructions on your own care. I feel so badly for you and pray that you do not have an infection. No woman should receive such horrible care. Take notes!
Unread 01-31-2008, 08:42 PM

If you still have packing then I would be worried if it is home to some bacteria. I would definitely call the doctor or go to the ER. I was fortunate to not have packing but I did have a drain in my abdomen that was not pleasant when they removed it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register