Short Hospital Stay, or should I say NONE! - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Short Hospital Stay, or should I say NONE! Short Hospital Stay, or should I say NONE!

Unread 02-01-2008, 05:35 PM
Short Hospital Stay, or should I say NONE!

After reading about how much the bills were, I am glad I live in Alberta, Canada, here we have procedures/surgeries that are automatically covered through our health care plan so I dont see bills ever for anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2008, 08:48 AM

Cujetskiin, Haven't heard from you for a couple of day and was just wondering how you are feeling? I hope and pray that all is finally well with you. If you feel up to it, please post and let us know.
Unread 02-04-2008, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvuvavt
Cujetskiin, Haven't heard from you for a couple of day and was just wondering how you are feeling? I hope and pray that all is finally well with you. If you feel up to it, please post and let us know.
I am feeling ok. I go to MY doctor tomorrow. Can't wait to see what they have to say! I just filled out a survey that I rec'd in the mail. It was not pretty. I also hand typed a letter to go with it.

I am having a lot of pain that travels to my belly button. Anyone else who had a TVH have or had this? I also sometimes feel like I am "peeing" myself. I am not, but I have the sensation like I am, I guess from the discharge.
Did anyone else's have a little odor? These are all things that I am not sure of.

I am getting around more, I have not left the house excpept for about 2 hours this weekend. I think it was a little too much. I went grocery shopping with my husband. I just needed to get out of the house. I was really good I didn't push the cart or anything.

Thank you for the kindness and the caring you have all shown me over the past couple of crazy days!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2008, 11:06 AM

Cujetskiin,

I had quite an infection. There is a lot of discharge, sometimes it comes out like urination, and a very foul odor.

Taking your husband in to see the doctor, right?

Get better soon!
Unread 02-04-2008, 12:03 PM

I had a TVH on 1/21 and I don't have any problem with the surgical area. It's a bit tender but it's fine. My issues are more with my head still being in a fog and I haven't had pain meds since I left the hospital. I'm sure your odor is from the packing and the infection it left. On a post somewhere it says to expect some odor especially 2 to 3 weeks out. Are you seeing your doctor or the one that you saw that took the extra packing out? I can't wait to hear about that appointment. Sorry, I'm just very bored but I really am worried about the terrible care you had and the toll it took on you. No one should ever have to deal with that stuff. Good luck tomorrow. Bring someone with you. My sister is like an overprotective pit bull. I wish she could go with you !
Unread 02-07-2008, 10:24 AM

Hello All! I went to the doctor on Tuesday. Didn't see my doctor I saw the PA-C. She straight cathed me today. She said that my bladder is not emptying properly. They send the urine out to be tested. She said I could have a UTI. She said that if I still feel the pain and pressure to come back and she will Cath me again. Perhaps having to learn how to do it at home for relief. Day before I went for appt. I rec'd an email from my doctor stating that there was no way I had any packing in me she didn't use any. I said well someone put it up me, I didn't put it up me to have it rot inside of me. I just can't wait to be better and have this all behind me.
Thank you all for your friendship and caring.
Unread 02-07-2008, 11:27 AM

Cute call your hospital I had a bad stay wish I could have left earlier it was not my DR but the nurses lack of care my hospital had a patient safety office I called and filed a complaint directly with them and also got the survey boy did I let them have it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register