American Idol is back! (2008) - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

American Idol is back! (2008) American Idol is back! (2008)

Unread 05-20-2008, 08:43 PM
American Idol is back! (2008)

I feel sorry for David Cook. I think he was consistant throughout the entire show. Tonight is the first time I really feel like David A was authentic in his own right, and showed true passion and mature feeling. I'd hate to see him win tonight only because I feel sure this is a one time moment for him. (IMHO)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2008, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonMab
I feel sorry for David Cook. I think he was consistant throughout the entire show. Tonight is the first time I really feel like David A was authentic in his own right, and showed true passion and mature feeling. I'd hate to see him win tonight only because I feel sure this is a one time moment for him. (IMHO)
I'm with you. I really like both of them, but David C, IMO should be the winner. He can sing anything.
The night he sang "The Music of the Night" from Phantom, he just blew me away.
Unread 05-20-2008, 10:50 PM

I think that the judges were harsh with David C tonight. I LOVED his last song - it was the best all night IMO.
David A is ok and a good cleancut kid but David C is as good ( or better, IMO ) but has not been the judges "chosen". David A will probably win but I voted for David C.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2008, 05:26 PM

I think the judges know who they want to win, therefore; pour the praise on the chosen one. I usually can roll with the punches when it comes to AI, but this season I've had enough. AI has been a must watch in our household each season, but this season I tuned out at the end. DialIdol has a certain David in the lead, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the other one get the crown. When did I become so skeptical? I think it's Reality TV overload!
Unread 05-21-2008, 06:30 PM

I know I tried many times off and on last night but never got through on any line. I was trying for David C. I hope he got the votes he needed!

Last year, I swore I wouldnt' vote any more, but this year, I had to at least try. After Melinda got voted off last year, I was just so shocked, I had had it. And, where is Jordan now? I've seen Melinda featured on some things, but haven't seen Jordan. We were talking at work today about AI and recent winners vs. success stories. None of us have seen anything of Jordan since last year's win.
Unread 05-21-2008, 09:08 PM

David C won!!
It was good to hear Simon admit that he was ugly to him last night. But it did hack some of us off enough to get us voting
Unread 05-21-2008, 09:13 PM

Yeah, Big David!! Woohoo!! I think Simon's criticism of him last night DID tick enough people off that they voted for him. David A's father would have been a pain in the you know what, trying to control everything. I'm sooo happy for David Cook!!!!!!!!!
Unread 05-21-2008, 10:08 PM

YAY!!!! The right David won!
Unread 05-21-2008, 10:29 PM

I am so thrilled! One of my co-workers was beginning to wonder if the whole thing was rigged so that David A would end up winning. It just didn't make sense last night, the way the judges kept "dissin'" David C.

The nice thing about both guys, is that both strike me as very humble, and I dont' think each one thought of himself as an automatic winner. I think they would have both been just as thrilled for the other one to win. I really think David C was shocked when he won.

David A seems to be a really sweet kid, but so naive still. He just needs to get some more life experience before he sells his soul to some kind of corporation.
Unread 05-22-2008, 07:49 AM

I was very happy last night, but sad too. This means David C. is locked into an AI contract and they will control the type of music he sings. I hope they let him rock, but the winning song sounds more boy bandish... UGH!

Did anyone see David A's father's face when he was handed keys to the Escape? It was as if he was thinking, "yep taking those away when we leave here!" I feel so sorry for David A. I just get the impression that his Dad sees all of this as a gift to him. He has a good kid. He needs to let David enjoy some of it. I understand keeping a kid level headed, but I think he goes over board.

ETA: Did anyone notice how Paula didn't dance for Carrie Underwood? She danced to EVERYONE and EVERYTHING else, but it was as if Carrie was invisible on stage. The 3 judges all sat talking to each other. I just thought it rude.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register