Need Some Help(Regarding Doctor)(children mentioned) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Need Some Help(Regarding Doctor)(children mentioned) Need Some Help(Regarding Doctor)(children mentioned)

Unread 02-01-2008, 07:46 PM
Need Some Help(Regarding Doctor)(children mentioned)

They never said anything about enforcing the policy. Actually they never said anything about having kids there. Heck they played with them in the office. I was shocked to hear that the nurse got fired. Heck, I liked her and the doctor. He's actually really good and I never had any problems with him.

I did go off on the staff that was there. I know it is not their fault but some of the stuff they said ticked me off plus the whole hormone thing. He wasn't there yet when I got there.
He was supposed to call me back but never did. Oh well, I will see him on Monday and get my records. My hubby told me to call them back and schedule something since this is my last visit. I was just trying to keep him from loosing time off work. We can't afford daycare just to see the doctor. I would love to go to the doctor without her but sometimes it's not possible. Actually, I think she has came to every visit except for maybe two.

I talked to my old doctor and she said to try and get in one last time since this is my last post op appointment. If I can't get in then she will see me. I plan on going back to her after this last visit with him. The only reason I stopped seeing her is because I wanted to find someone closer after we moved but she is only 20 minutes away. So Monday after my exam I am requesting my records and telling him a thing or two.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2008, 04:59 AM

Nothing to add..but really like the sign Arly..lol
Unread 02-02-2008, 06:43 AM

If it makes you feel any better, I believe that Dr, will be losing patients.....
I can understand the policy, but someone from the office should have informed you and at your appt. they should have let you go in and watched your daughter because they failed to inform you.....

Glad you got things straightened out........My post-op internal exam was at 7 weeks so don't worry about being late for that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2008, 07:11 AM

Its not just the issue of them enforcing the policy, what about medical neglect....what about not seeing a post op patient, he doesn't know (and neither do you) the status of your internal healing? My doc saw me at 6 weeks released me for all but sex because my cuff still had undissolved stitches. How do you know if you are safe for lifting, etc. He had a medical obligation to see you and tell you in person about your NEXT visit with kids....I think you should report him to your local medical board...PERHAPS...since you said he wasn't in the office yet...maybe the nurses took it upon themselves to enforce the policy so they would not get fired, and the doc would have seen you had he known....maybe it was their iniative to not have you seen and not his..... you do need to talk to him in person, but again I think it is negligent to send a way a post op patient without being seen....just an opinion - Suzyq
Unread 02-02-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyqsuzyq
Its not just the issue of them enforcing the policy, what about medical neglect....what about not seeing a post op patient, he doesn't know (and neither do you) the status of your internal healing? My doc saw me at 6 weeks released me for all but sex because my cuff still had undissolved stitches. How do you know if you are safe for lifting, etc. He had a medical obligation to see you and tell you in person about your NEXT visit with kids....I think you should report him to your local medical board...PERHAPS...since you said he wasn't in the office yet...maybe the nurses took it upon themselves to enforce the policy so they would not get fired, and the doc would have seen you had he known....maybe it was their iniative to not have you seen and not his..... you do need to talk to him in person, but again I think it is negligent to send a way a post op patient without being seen....just an opinion - Suzyq

That's exactly what I am thinking. My husband brought this morning that he may not know what happened. My doctor is an older person and my grandmother said that older people tend to get nervous around kids, especially when they are working. So maybe he decided to start enforcing the policy. Maybe he would have seen me had he been there. It is neglect on his part if he told them to refuse anyone care if they brought kids in especially if anyone is like me and the care is because of a surgery. I am going to try and go in there on Monday and talk to him camly. I don't want to file anything on him until I talk to him. I'm also still pretty ticked and I need to calm down before I go in there. Normally the whole kids being there is not a problem. When I get my annual done I can usually schedule it when someone can watch my daughter but this past year I have had two surgeries. I have probably had more appointments than I did with either of my pregnancies. I have been there several times a month and sometimes it is hard to find someone to watch the kids. Normally it isn't even a big thing for my husband to take off work but he took three weeks off for my recovery. So his vacation time has dwindled alot. Then they have been having inspections and taking off time during one of those is a big no no!So I am just going to talk to the doctor and go from there.
Unread 02-04-2008, 07:53 PM

I went to my appointment today. The doctor did my exam and we discussed some health stuff. Then I asked him about Friday. He said that they should have explained some stuff to me better but maybe they weren't sure if they should or not. Something happened last week with a patient's child. Let me go back a minute. This same day he lost a baby, I'm guessing during childbirth. He couldn't go into details too much because of the confidential laws but he said that after loosing the baby he went to the office and that same day, a child got caught in the bed. The beds are the type that sit up like a chair and have stirups and then lay down like a bed. Anyway, during the woman's exam the child was around the bed and they got caught in it. It really freaked him out, I imagine it would. So between the child and the baby he closed the office the day this happened. He said that he would be too nervous with kids in the room now. So he is going back to the policy. I told him that I realized that the staff probably couldn't say anything but they could have handled the situation a little better. I told him that they were quite rude about the whole thing. My doctor is older and I felt bad for him. At one point he looked like he was about to start crying and turned his head. I told him that I understood better now why he made that decision and I would just have to figure out something with my daughter until she starts school. I felt alot better after talking to him. He really is good doctor and I was having a hard time with the whole thing because the way the staff acted was like he was just changing things for the heck of it. He told me it wasn't something that he wanted to do because alot of us have kids but he couldn't avoid it anymore.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register