Bleeding after sex...dr says granulation tissue | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bleeding after sex...dr says granulation tissue Bleeding after sex...dr says granulation tissue

Unread 02-01-2008, 07:52 PM
Bleeding after sex...dr says granulation tissue

Yep, it's yet ANOTHER hyster sister with granulation tissue! What is up with this stuff?? haha Anyway, I had surgery on 11/5 and I had problems with bleeding for about 4-5 weeks afterward. The dr did silver nitrate and I've been fine ever since. However, this past Saturday, my DH and I had sex and I immediately began to bleed afterward. I continued to bleed for 3 days. It wasn't very heavy, but I was bleeding nonetheless. Anyway, called the dr and he wanted to check things out. At the appt today he said he saw granulation tissue. Wow, that stuff sure looks disgusting when they're getting it out. He then did the silver nitrate and says he hopes that does the trick. He said if I continue to have trouble bleeding in that spot, then they may bring me in for a "minor" in-office surgical procedure where they cut out the part that's not healing properly and then put it back together so that it CAN begin to heal properly. Let's hope that today fixed everything! Just wanted to share my story for any other sister going through the same thing!
Take care,
Jenn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2008, 12:04 PM

Good Luck Jen. I hope the SN treatment works. I am going through the same thing. if the SN doesn't work I will be facing another surgery also. Mine Dr said mine would be laporoscopy though. I like your Dr's way better

Cheers,

Starbgirl
Unread 02-02-2008, 12:21 PM

I have posted just a few threads down from yours about my granulation problem. Do you use estrace cream, or anything like that? My dr. used the silver nitrate on me, and said to keep using my estrace cream. Is that supposed to help shrink. I'm afraid I may have to have mine cut out, because it feels like a LOT of tissue, or whatever it is!
I hope you don't have to have the outpatient procedure, but if you do, then maybe that will totally take care of everything. Please let me know how things go for you!!!
Grace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2008, 06:19 PM

No, the dr didn't give me any estrace cream or anything. He just did the silver nitrate and said he hoped that would take care of it. I guess we'll see! By the way, is it normal to have dark brown dischage (looks like old blood) the day after having the silver nitrate?
Thanks,
Jenn
Unread 02-02-2008, 06:58 PM

Yes, From what I've read and experienced, there is usually a discharge for 2 or 3 days after the procedure. I think it is just some residue from the silver nitrate. I hope 1 time works for both of us! When do you go back to the dr.?
I go back in 3 weeks, and I hope things are better.
Take care.
Grace
Unread 02-02-2008, 09:09 PM

I don't have an appt to go back to the dr. He said to come back if I begin to bleed again. I'm starting to think that's already happening...I posted a little earlier about the brown discharge. Now it's starting to get pink and I feel some slight cramping. What is up with all of us not healing quickly & correctly??? I haven't had any problems with bleeding since I was about 5 weeks postop. I'm now 3 months out, and I begin bleeding again? It doesn't seem to make any sense.
Jenn
Unread 02-02-2008, 09:17 PM

Jen,

I had bleeding starting Friday after my SN treatment on Thursday. I go back Monday for another treatment. I plan on asking my Dr about the bleeding after treatment. I'll let you know what he says.

Starbgirl

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register