Granulation...blockage in vagina??? Help! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Granulation...blockage in vagina??? Help! Granulation...blockage in vagina??? Help!

Unread 02-02-2008, 09:01 AM
Granulation...blockage in vagina??? Help!

Help!
My dr. treated me for granulation with the silver nitrate. As I put my estrace cream in last night I decided to explore with my finger. I am not married, and was shocked to find my vagina so totally blocked! I don't see anyway that I could have sex again! I don't see how anything could get in there since I couldn't even push my finger in very far!
I'm very concerned. I go back in 3 weeks to see my dr. Will all of that "stuff...scarring..tissue" go away by itself or will it have to be removed?
Thanks for your answers!!!!!
Grace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2008, 11:03 AM

Help!
Anybody!?
Unread 02-02-2008, 11:12 AM

gracepeacelove

I'm so sorry you're worried about this! But hang in there ~ weekends do tend to be quiet here and it can take a little time for the "right" person to come along.

Would it help you to bring the appointment forward?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2008, 11:16 AM

i wish i could help you but i have no idea. i just want you to know that i'm thinking about you
Unread 02-02-2008, 11:24 AM

Thank you for your replies!
I appreciate you taking the time. I know everything will be okay. I've already had the silver nitrate this past week. I just hope that clears it up. I guess I just still don't understand how there can be so much scar tissue in there.
Grace
Thanks again!
Unread 02-02-2008, 11:54 AM

Hi Grace,

Maybe your Dr can see you sooner? I am having the silver nitrate treatment right now and my Dr is treating it 2 x a week. I posted on here to see if anyone else was having it that often but I guess no one is. In any case, did you have any repairs? It seems like the ladies who had repairs are tighter down there after. Also when your Dr inserted the speculum to treat with the SN, did it feel different then usual? The other option I can think of is you could call your Dr and speak with him over the phone about what he saw. maybe that would put your mind at ease.

Good Luck,

Starbgirl
Unread 02-02-2008, 02:24 PM

Hi Grace,

I had my TVH just a few days after you. I also had a rectocele repair at the same time. I am only 33. My vagina is EXTREMELY tight. It is very snug around my finger. My DH and I have had intercourse 1 time, and well, we had to work at "getting it in". Once in - it was fine. I'm thinking if you're still having issues and being treated with silver nitrate, there could be some swelling adding to your tightness. I feel like (after 9 weeks) I'm 99% healed. But, again, I am still VERY tight.

Just call your doctor and ask.
Unread 02-02-2008, 02:44 PM

Thank you, Mandie. I see him again in 3 weeks, and hope that I am more healed then. I guess I am very tight also, but I'm not sure. I am glad you are feeling good. I had my surgery 1 week before you, and have done great, except for the recent granulation issue. I am now using estrace cream. I guess it helps with the healing
Thanks so much for posting to me!
Grace
Unread 02-02-2008, 03:42 PM

Hi Grace,
One thing to remember is the vagina in a relaxed state in not very long but it is elastic, add the surgery, especially when the cervix is removed and you will find it has been shortened somewhat. During sex and arousal, the vagina becomes moistened and has increased blood flow and will elongate to accomodate for penetration. Check with your doctor when you can, but I feel you will find when you do choose to have sex, all will be OK. Like some posters above, the first time or two may be a challange due to "lack of use", but it will get better. Best wishes!
Unread 02-04-2008, 07:40 AM

Thanks for your reply, Robin. I just hope all the extra tissue clears up and leaves plenty of "space". I am not bleeding or spotting after the silver nitrate treatment....no discharge, so I hope it is all healing up. I am also taking extra vitamin C, which is supposed to help heal.
Thanks again!
Grace

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register